GlenP

Sgt Connor, Serpentian Heavy Infantry...

Thanks everyone!

The battle damage is accomplished using a dovetail and ball cutter in a motor (Dremel) tool. You can make dents, gouges, ricochet marks, etc. This sets you up for varying levels of worn/chipped paint and primer all the way down to bare and/or burnt metal.

And thanks for the likes all.

Glen

• Like 1

Love it the effects are superb, your battle damage is fantastic I could not think of anything to improve on this masterful work

Looking really good! Got to say I like the rough-and-tumble you put into him. Looks really nice.

Thanks everyone! The facial colors are a recipe formulated by noted historical painter Doug Cohen years ago. These are Black (B), Carnage Red (CR), Orange Brown (OB), and Fair Skin (FS). I start with the eyes first. Then...

1. (Mostly) B + CR to frame the eye and inner brow.

2. (Slightly less, but still mostly) B + CR on the mouth, under the nose, inside the ears, and along the hairline(s).

3. 1:1 B + CR, then some OB for the dark shadows - the lower cheeks, along the nose, and under the chin.

4. 1:1 CB + OB on the rest of the face.

5. (Mostly) CR + OB at 1:1 paint + thinner to glaze the transitions between step 4 and the rest of the face.

6. Paint hair (including mustaches and beards where applicable).

7. 1:1 CR + OB and some FS for dark highlights - forehead, bridge of nose, upper cheeks.

8. CR + more OB at 1:1 paint to thinner to blend transition between steps 7 and 4.

9. 1:1 CR + OB, more FS for medium highlights - nose tip, ear lobes, lower eyelids, and bottom lip.

10. CR + more OB at 1:1 paint to thinner to blend transitions between steps 9 and 7.

11. FS at 1:1 paint to thinner for last highlights - nose, cheeks, bottom lip, and lower eyelids.

This is all for a generic Caucasian male face. As always, you will need to practice on some spare heads first, tweak the ratios some, and make adjustments for the sculpt, other factors that might shade/highlight the face, and your particular painting style.  I often tweak some of the shadows and highlights during the painting process. - darker under the chin, inside the center ear, nostril openings and lighter on the upper forehead, upper brow ridge, nose tip and wings, and upper chin. Nothing beats a brush in your hand...

HTH,

Glen

• Like 3

Nice!  I have to say I like your paint job a lot more than the 'official' Andrea one.  I've liked other figs in this line, but was going to pass on this one.  Now I'm thinking I might have to pick it up!   ^_^

Michael

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dan d'Lyon
      Can't believe I missed this one until now.  I didn't have a printer during their previous projects, but I'm definitely in on this one.  Less than 48 hours to go.  Link added.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2nddynasty/starship-iii-fully-3d-printable-28mm-spaceships?ref=user_menu

Seek adventure amongst the stars! Explore strange new worlds, smuggle illicit cargos across the hyperspace lanes or launch a space to ground assault, in your Scout Ship, Transport, or Space Shuttle!
      Somewhere in the outer reaches... Starship III introduces three original, fully 3D-printable spaceships scaled for 28mm play in your favourite Tabletop RPGs or Wargames. Complete with OpenLOCK-compatible modular interiors, the ships are detailed inside and out and a variety of configurations can be used to customise the deck plans.
      Each ship comes detailed inside and out (Scout ship standard interior shown here) As the campaign unfolds, new starship hull variants and modules will be unlocked as stretch goals to bring even more variety to your game and increase the pledge value for everyone.
      Each pledge is designed to be printed on your own 3D printer or via a print service, allowing you to print as many parts as you like, for non-commercial use. Deliverable files will be made available digitally in STL zip packs via DriveThruRPG.com (see Printing Requirements details below for print bed size requirements)
      Hangar 01: Space Shuttle Alpha Need a way to get your units from the ground to orbit? This space shuttle is fully modular and can be configured as a dropship, cargo shuttle, or even a small starship. The stock standard aerodynamic fuselage comes complete with manoeuvring thrusters, sensors, landing gear and articulated main thrusters for VTOL operations.
      The standard layout below is included in any pledges that include the shuttle Modular standard deck plan of shuttle interior. Hangar 02: Scout Ship Beta Explore deep space and final frontiers with this full 28mm scale scout ship, designed stock-standard for long haul endurance scout missions. Includes two manned turrets for defending in rough territory, a full sensor suite package for scanning new systems, a well equipped engineering section, cargo hold, living quarters and a 5-station forward bridge.
      These are the unique parts that compose the scout ship interior, which come as a part of any scout ship pledge Closeup of the Engineering Standard Deck Plan for the Scout Ship Beta Hangar 03: Transport Delta Cruise the hyperspace lanes in this high-speed transport. Haul cargo - legal or illicit - with two massive engines to get you from point A to point B. Manoeuvre with the fluidity of repulsor technology and defend yourself with manned or unmanned turrets and a powerful shield generator.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Just noticed this KS was posted here. Only 53 hours left....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wowbuildings/wowbuildings-further-space-adventures-3d-print-stl/description

Here we are folks, WOWBuildings is expanding further into space, with the infrastructure now for several types of scenarios, this KS will be a mix of vehicles and Buildings so you will have an even bigger range of choices for your tabletops. all will come in STL format and cuts will be made where needed so boot up those 3D printers once again and jump on board for what hopefully will be a great sack full of goodies to enjoy.
      I am adding a couple of special adds that are for personal print use only as a little treat for you top end backers, all files will be initially 28mm scaled (but slightly over scaled to allow for GW sized figures) and optimized for 15-32mm scales so hopefully something for all.
      Again human based faction designs for this KS with other races in the pipeline if all goes well, so hello again and as usual keep the feedback coming and if you want anything specific added then just ask, if it can be done it will be so
      Stretch Goals as you see will start at £1000, and £500, but this time i am toying with adding some £250 jump points too here and there to add to the fun.
      I have tried to keep the pledge level prices as low as i can as well including the licence which is an absolute bargain price for this KS as a thank you for continued support and to help with those after Xmas blues.
      £10 Road Builder
      £30 Asteroid Miner
      £40 Planet Settler
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infamyminis/infamy-collectibles-the-getaway?ref=hero_thanks

• By CAVBOSS
      WE ARE LIVE... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/272456130/talon-games-cav-strike-ops-iii

• By Trevy
      What's up, denizens of the Reaper forums!
      I'm proud to be able to show you some of Breachstorm ; the new sci-fi skirmish game launching on 9/18/18. :D

Breachstorm is a small-scale, fast-paced game featuring 6-8 models per side that's streamlined to play in under an hour.
      Every part of the game - from picking your asymmetric, narrative objectives to setting up the terrain, is a crucial part of the game's strategy and a unique activation system allows players to take turns acting with small portions of their team lead by powerful Field Officers so you're never out of the action for long.

The Kickstarter features two factions - the felinoid Zhen'thrar prides and the human Homeworld Confederacy; each with their own unique playstyle and a several troop options rendered in highly detailed resin figures.

In addition, optional add-ons include cross-faction mercenary "contractors", deluxe acrylic tokens sets, measuring widgets, and laser-cut terrain templates.

Two more factions; the enigmatic Ativari Conclave and numerous Volucrid Host, as well as additional game components, variant sculpts and mercenary models will be available as stretch goals.

You can learn more about Breachstorm and even read the full rules and models statlines at www.breachstorm.com!  Stay tuned for the Kickstarter campaign launching 9/18/18!
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 226 Guests (See full list)