Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

The Cyborg

Looks good to me.

I am putting my Start Collecting! Skitarii box together right now and this is one of the models you can make with it.

I have no idea how I am going to paint them.

Edited by arclance
  • Like 1

I really like this guy, awesome paint job)

• Like 1

Splendid!  I think you did a perfect job of capturing the classic Rogue Trader miniatures-painting aesthetic for this figure, while going above and beyond with the nifty broken-pavement decorative base.

If you wanted it to look "grim and gritty," one short-cut method (while still maintaining the bright comic-book coloring) would be to do a bit of rough stippling with some brown and/or grey at the hem of the long-coat, to suggest areas where the edges got caught in some sort of muck.  I've found that it can serve as a nice visual short-hand so the character doesn't look completely pristine, without committing to trying to make the WHOLE figure look grim and gritty.

• Like 5

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Looks good to me.
I am putting my Start Collecting! Skitarii box together right now and this is one of the models you can make with it.
I have no idea how I am going to paint them.

That's the set I got, I only really wanted the Dunecrawler, but you can't argue with get troopers for free (especially when they're nice),

Splendid!  I think you did a perfect job of capturing the classic Rogue Trader miniatures-painting aesthetic for this figure, while going above and beyond with the nifty broken-pavement decorative base.

If you wanted it to look "grim and gritty," one short-cut method (while still maintaining the bright comic-book coloring) would be to do a bit of rough stippling with some brown and/or grey at the hem of the long-coat, to suggest areas where the edges got caught in some sort of muck.  I've found that it can serve as a nice visual short-hand so the character doesn't look completely pristine, without committing to trying to make the WHOLE figure look grim and gritty.

I will have to give that a try.

It'll have to wait until I get the whole group done and apply their decals though.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ooook
      Hi there,

I recently started to paint my huge collection of "Lord of the Ring - Strategy Battle Game" miniatures :

(click on the pic to view more)

• By aku-chan
      I'm on a bit of Warhammer 40k kick at the moment, so I built and undercoated my other set of Space Adventurers (these ones come from their Black Fortress board game):-

These guys represent a more ragtag band of rogues and misfits than my Starstrider band.

You've got Elf and Kroot (I think) Rangers, and some sort of Space Wizard.

A big robot and a pair of Halfling Scouts.

A stylish human adventurer, a Priest and his scary, flame-saw wielding assistant.

Starting on the Priest, now known as Father Thadeus:-

Just a Dwarf Skin basecoat with Flesh Wash so far.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Inquisitor Greyfax from Warhammer40k (I'm not quite sure what faction she's part of).
      My version is a righteous fanatic who travels from world to world, confronting the forces of darkness and passing judgement on those foolish enough to play a part in its machinations. She makes a powerful but untrusted ally for my Space Adventurers.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, although she was very time consuming (kept having to go back and fix stray brush-marks). Best of all, I finally managed to pull off a colour-coded power gauge, woohoo!

As always, any comments of criticisms are warmly received.
    • By odinsgrandson
      When I first started miniatures gaming, my first game was the classic Space Crusade. That game will forever have warm feelings from me.  

However, I soon started converting minis from the set, and using their bits in other conversions and I found that I really wanted to play Space Crusade, but didn't have any of the parts that I'd need.  

So I went to my "bits box"- which is quite extensive these days, with parts catalogued- and found that I could pull a full Space Crusade force out of it.  

For painting, I've decided to create tributes to forces that I've painted in the past- some for clients, others for myself.  None of them will match those forces too closely, as I'll be creating a new take on them.  

Here's the first squad I finished:  Salamanders  

I painted up my first unit as Salamanders as a tribute to the Salamanders forces I painted over the years (they'll be 'counts as' Imperial Fists for the most part).  This version of the Salamanders doesn't quite match any of the other color schemes for Sallies that I've done, and it was nice to have a slightly new take on them.  

PS- I've posted them to CMON for anyone who cares to vote.  
    • By aku-chan
      Yet another new mini, this time it's The Visarch, a mysterious Elfin knight.

I wasn't actually planning on starting him yet, but made a nice dark red mix for something else that I thought would look great on the inside of his cape:-

It's 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > Black Wash > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black with a brushtipful of Ochre Yellow.

Since this guy jumped the queue it could be a while before anything else happens to him.
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)