Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

431 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, haldir said:

It's funny at first I loved the iconics. Wayne's art, the newness of them etc etc Now I feel like Paizo is just cramming them down our throats any chance they get. 

I'm with you.  I love most of the Iconics (even if I hate painting their complicated JRPG-like designs on the minis), and they're hilarious in the comics.  However, Valeros has, what, seven different miniatures already?  Give me some monsters.  Or at least the Iconics who don't have a ton of miniatures already.

The evil Iconics from Hell's Vengeance would be fun to see.

Edited by Lidless Eye
5 people like this

On 5/16/2017 at 0:28 PM, haldir said:

It's funny at first I loved the iconics. Wayne's art, the newness of them etc etc Now I feel like Paizo is just cramming them down our throats any chance they get. 

Yah both lines are about the same as far as PC choices, just DC has the iconics for some. Thou oddly DC doesn't have halflings.

Looking at some pre-order pics & DC will feature the first gnome:

WIZ72586_l.jpg

Pack is titled evil wizards. Gnome is based off this pre-paint (Mad Prophet).

s-l300.jpg

After posting I got curious & did a google for the artwork: This is the guy: (notice the change in his staff)  

2f626a81923a878292734bf2be39b031.jpg

One particular preorder caught my eye & not for the race/class combo:

WIZ72623_l.jpg

The female elf wizard, the 2nd one. How on earth will you paint the front of her with the spell effect in the way???

On the clear effects, we generally make them separate, easy to glue pieces that can be added on after the painting occurs.

On 5/16/2017 at 8:40 AM, Dr.Bedlam said:

Beholders? Rares and super rares. Umber hulks? Rares. Dragonlance draconians? Rares.

This was a trend for which I did not care.

We announced the latest set and you should find Dragonborn, Tiefling, Aasimar, Genasi, Beholders, Drow, Gith and Umber Hulks in the release coming this Oct-Nov.

Check the site or our Facebook page for the latest news.

-jaz

8 people like this

On 5/5/2017 at 9:58 AM, kitchen_wolf said:

Interesting that you can guarantee 2 day Customs clearance while Reaper has to allow up to 30 days.  Do they have a thing like TSA where you can pay a "leave me alone" fee?

There was a one day delay due to a traffic issue but the goods made it to the warehouse and were turned around the same day.  There are millions of little 28mm guys (and girls) on their way to distributors.   Give it a couple days of transit time and west coast stores should be replenished with midwest and east coast stores lagging by 4-8 days.

Thanks all!

Justin

4 people like this

50 minutes ago, jziran said:

On the clear effects, we generally make them separate, easy to glue pieces that can be added on after the painting occurs.

We announced the latest set and you should find Dragonborn, Tiefling, Aasimar, Genasi, Beholders, Drow, Gith and Umber Hulks in the release coming this Oct-Nov.

Check the site or our Facebook page for the latest news.

-jaz

Sweet news, thanks!

2 people like this

I'm trying to figure out where you guys get your updates. A wagon? o.O 

New October releases?

I can see neither of those on the Wizkids website or Facebook, and I can preorder things in some shops, but there aren't pics up either.

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Nunae said:

New October releases?

I can see neither of those on the Wizkids website or Facebook, and I can preorder things in some shops, but there aren't pics up either.

It's kinda hard to see but here:

http://wizkids.com/2017/05/08/unpainted-miniatures-new-figures-coming-soon/

"

Today we are excited announce our plan to bring previously unavailable and long sought after creatures to our Dungeons & Dragons unpainted miniatures line, Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures.

Prepare to bring new races like the dragonborn, aasimar, tiefling and genasi into your clan or customize your githyanki, beholder,  or even yuan-ti to terrify the adventuring party with a plot twist. Now your characters and monsters can be as unique and creative as the adventure itself.

But that’s not all! Also plan to see the addition of fantastic unpainted, pre-primed, scenery pieces added to our Item Packs, available this Fall. Starting with the exclusive Dungeons & Dragons Ezmerelda’s wagon and plans for dozens of beautifully crafted terrain pieces, including a full campsite and more to come! With all of this great content releasing later this year, why let your paints dry up waiting for lesser quality, generic scenery pieces to come out from any other sources?"

The wagon while it's probably the incentive  from the last D&D pre-paint set,  but Wizkids could always tool up the Cart or Wagon from "The Rusty Dragon" Pathfinder pre-paint set, along with it. I think they would be very popular.

5 people like this

31 minutes ago, Nunae said:

New October releases?

Well @jziran gets his information because he represents Wizkids. We get our information from jziran.

:poke:

2 people like this

I know he works there.

Okay, then it was a mix up on my part that there would be a wagon and I somehow missed it.

And I saw that update, I was just confused that there are so few pictures in the "official" sources, but you can find some by extensively googling (like the druids that are apparently due in June).

The first batch had pictures out waaaay before they were released.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us up to date here Jziran, really excited about the Beholder and the Umber Hulk.

1 person likes this

I actually listened to the dragon talk podcast that @jziran was on and now I can put a voice to the name!

As for the wagon, in that podcast he was talking about the prepaints, and he said it was a case incentive. So for every case of prepaints a shop ordered, they got one wagon pack. Dunno if the unpainted one followed the same way, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was some sort of incentive as well.

1 person likes this

I have that prepainted Adventurers Campsite set with Esmeralda's wagon. Great piece.

Also really like the riding horses in the set.

1 person likes this

Again I'd be happy with the ones that came in the Rusty Dragon. They aren't fancy but they do the job. As far as the next round of preorders. I get my info from gtsdistribution . com. They are ones that my local sports card shop orders through for Magic & other ccgs. He tries to order gaming stuff if people ask about them. He had someone on place a big Unpainted order just recently & he is gonna try to carry some on hand as well.

On 5/18/2017 at 3:49 PM, jziran said:

Such good news. I can't wait for these, especially the aasimar, dragonborn, genasi & tieflings. Thanks so much for letting us know.