Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I really wish I had a more local store.  The new stuff looks great but I'm afraid of buying them online; with all the varying quality issues, I'd much rather sort through them in person.

I wish I could be of comfort, but if I were you, I would do exactly what yer thinkin'. 

• Like 1

Sweet! 

My adventurer camp is missing the extra contents items! 

Off to shoot off a email to wizkids.com! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Sweet! 

My adventurer camp is missing the extra contents items! 

Off to shoot off a email to wizkids.com! 

Wow. That's quite the oversight considering the packaging allows pretty much everything to be visible.

What did you receive?

https://wizkids.com/2017/12/07/7651/

According to that,  wizkids.com news post there was a mix up in the contents printed on the box vs what's actually in the box. Wizkids is honoring what's on the package. They corrected it later.

Contents list these in addition to what you actually  get: (#) number printed in the contents:

Extra keg (2)

Extra chest (3)

Extra campfire (2)

Extra pile of sacks (2)

Extra bedroll (3)

Extra backpack (3)

Extra spellbook (2)

Extra scroll (2)

Extra bag of holding (2)

Horses, wagon, cooking pot & weapon racks are unaffected. 

Probably will get anther one as I need 2 wagons for we be goblins 3, but I probably won't go after the extras for that one. Pretty sure it's the same box at my card shop. He had like 4 or 5 left. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't know that about the misprinted quantities.

I'm not going to be bothered as for me it's all about the wagon and horses.

Besides,most of those extras are too fiddly for actual game use and I don't want or need more of them. Do like the keg and chests though.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Didn't know that about the misprinted quantities.

I'm not going to be bothered as for me it's all about the wagon and horses.

Besides,most of those extras are too fiddly for actual game use and I don't want or need more of them. Do like the keg and chests though.

One reason why I won't bother with the 2nd set.

So I was curious about about some of the scenery pieces that will be released in May & I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.phdgames.com/unpainted-miniatures-collection-wave-5-wizkids/

Loving the new dragonborns (thou I'm not crazy about more sword & board sculpts), the owlbear & the Pathfinder gnomes. Elementals look good as well. Nice to finally see what the archivist library looks like. May is gonna look good for these.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, haldir said:

So I was curious about about some of the scenery pieces that will be released in May & I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.phdgames.com/unpainted-miniatures-collection-wave-5-wizkids/

Loving the new dragonborns (thou I'm not crazy about more sword & board sculpts), the owlbear & the Pathfinder gnomes. Elementals look good as well. Nice to finally see what the archivist library looks like. May is gonna look good for these.

Ya I caught wind of that earlier today. I'm super excited for the earth elemental, the xorn, the owl bear, and the terrain. I wish reaper would up their terrain game. 

I'll judge when I see. They're gonna have to be devastating to compare with Jason Wiebe's last owlbear.

Somehow the miniature online store where I get most of my stuff still hasn't gotten the last wave (the one with the Beholder). I preordered what I wanted, but they don't know themselves when they'll get their stock. It really does suck. Somehow I can't find those miniatures inside the EU, the exception being England where I have to pay way too much shipping.

Looking at the next wave of unpainted WizKids minis I don't see any stand out like the beholder or the campsite set.

Theres about 11 sets of Dungeon dressing I might be interested in but for creatures all that catches my eye might be the rust monster set.

From the pics they've shown I'm not a fan of the xorn or owlbear.

With their shallow details the characters from the line don't impress me but I like the concepts for many of the gnomes. Just wish their production to the physical sculpts were better.

• Like 2

Some of the terrain sets like that wizard room could work as bits for bases. I'm not gonna bother with empty cupboards and tiny bottles and books while playing though. I kinda want some ballistae, since they are not too tiny and can be used as some sort of objectives in a siege scenario. I do wonder about the pricing though, 1 in a pack for 4,20 wouldn't be cheap enough to buy them blindly as I have to due to lack of a LGS. Personally, I do like the owlbear, but I don't have one yet and I'll hopefully be able to get a hold of those wizkids minis before Bones 4 delivers. And that earth elemental looks cool, the other 3 elementals are kinda meh.

Oh, and that bloody altar thing seems like it would be useful, too.

• Like 2

I'm interested in the elementals and other monsters in general, but I'm curious about the colors of the air/water/fire elementals. Will they be colored or uncolored at retail?

Wish my local gaming store was up to date with these. I picked up some yesterday (children, ghosts) along with more paint. I'm interested in the campsite set but I guess i'll have to wait.

Their tavern set looks nice but I ordered the terraincrate so I won't need it.

keep up your paint jobs on these people ! I love them :)