Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

I will note that the Gray Maidens are a nice addition to the Pathfinder one.  I'm surprised she never made it to Bones, especially with how...ahem, iconic, the order is in Pathfinder these days.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Yeah this is pretty dull. The male human barbarian looks scrawny and unimpressive and good golly there is a lot of edgelord-bait in the accessories..

Also why would a lich need a two-handed morningstar?

because who's going to tell the lich to put it down?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Well it IS a Drizzt figure on the secondary market.

Yeah this is pretty dull. The male human barbarian looks scrawny and unimpressive and good golly there is a lot of edgelord-bait in the accessories..

Also why would a lich need a two-handed morningstar?

I thought the male human barbarians looked just fine, and I was faintly amused that they were significantly less dressed than the female human barbarians.

• Like 2

My FLGS finally had a restock. Got 2 umberhulk and a silver dragon (for a friend). No beholder :(

Edited by Mushu_Green
  • Like 7

None of my FLGS' have been able to get a beholder in. I'm on waiting lists on both. 

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, Pingo said:

I thought the male human barbarians looked just fine, and I was faintly amused that they were significantly less dressed than the female human barbarians.

The Kre-O sets included a Drizz't pack and a Wulfgar pack. For some reason, no panther pack. But yeah, the rest were all fairly generic castle sets, and the individual blind figures were all generic adventurers and orcs. And that's a thing that irritated me to no end. Hasbro owns both Kre-O and Dungeons and Dragons; there's no licensing fees to be paid unless they're doing some sort of internal deal. Why NOT go hog wild and release minifigs of every single personality ever to appear in D&D?

And this is why I want that fraggin' movie to do LOTR box office, durnit. I'm not holding my breath, but I have hopes.

• Like 5

Damn I could use the halfling with the hat. Perfect rep for what I'd use him for. August is cutting close thou. Depending on when they come out, might cut it close for ReaperCon. Of course I'm not even sure I'll be able to go this year. Granted he is in Pathfinder Battles already but he's goofy looking.

Maidens looks great. Always nice to have more variety. Iconics are just filling the ones that weren't released in the initial offerings, but still......more Iconics.. Was there a Pathfinder release for May?

• Like 1

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but my replacement Umber Hulk finally shipped after three weeks of WizKids sitting on the request form. I hate having to fill out online forms in order to get a replacement, it's so impersonal since they never have to talk to your face. Hurray for Reaper for being real people!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but my replacement Umber Hulk finally shipped after three weeks of WizKids sitting on the request form. I hate having to fill out online forms in order to get a replacement, it's so impersonal since they never have to talk to your face. Hurray for Reaper for being real people!

My request for the additional Adventurer's Camp items took about a month or more but once I got the notification it was like 3 or 4 days afterwards. 

• Like 5

I got an e-mail from my retailer that the spiders are back in stock with them. For the first time since wave 1 was released. They also didn't get any of the newer stuff. But it's good to know that they're still getting deliveries from Wizkids.

• Like 5

Those darn beholders are a real buzzkill.  

I’m waiting on a big order until they’re back in stock.  Hopefully the Umber Hulks, Trolls, Blink Dogs, all the Dragonborn and Tieflings, and Medusa won’t be sold out by then!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattnuke said:

Those darn beholders are a real buzzkill.  

I’m waiting on a big order until they’re back in stock.  Hopefully the Umber Hulks, Trolls, Blink Dogs, all the Dragonborn and Tieflings, and Medusa won’t be sold out by then!

I managed to find an Umber Hulk during my not-so-local gaming store trip, but still no Beholders.

Since the upcoming pre-painted set has a bunch of obvious variants on the minis that came out in recent Nolzur's, it would be cool to see some more from that set come to the unpainted line too.  There's a lot of very nice Giants inbound.

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I managed to find an Umber Hulk during my not-so-local gaming store trip, but still no Beholders.

Since the upcoming pre-painted set has a bunch of obvious variants on the minis that came out in recent Nolzur's, it would be cool to see some more from that set come to the unpainted line too.  There's a lot of very nice Giants inbound.

I’m undecided on whether I will try to get the one of each of the hill giants, as well as the mouth of ‘whatever’ guy.  I think they’ll scale nicely with the newer Reaper hill giants.  I hadn’t really thought about the fact that they might be released unpainted.  I guess I’ll see what the secondary market costs look like.

The frost, fire, and cloud are not my cup of tea.  I’ll stick with the bones ones.  

And as for the storm giants....it might be time to go big and pick up the male and female from MM3.

Edited by Mattnuke
  • Like 3