Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

Well, these things are nice, but wow do they slap the primer on thick.... Not to mention the mould lines o_o

But, on the flipside, werewolves! ... And some nice looking minis coming in the next two batches as well O_o 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well, these things are nice, but wow do they slap the primer on thick.... Not to mention the mould lines o_o

But, on the flipside, werewolves! ... And some nice looking minis coming in the next two batches as well O_o 

I actually picked up the werewolves at Orccon off a dealer there. Very nice:)

• Like 1

Just now, Ratmaster2000 said:

I actually picked up the werewolves at Orccon off a dealer there. Very nice:)

My only issue is that one of them has a severed hand, something I'm not the fondest of, but it's still a pair of nice minis ^_^

.... Looking at things I'm going to ha e to pick up both sets of gnolls at some point too, grrrr.  (yeah, not really all that worried about it, since they'd add in to my various themes anyways  ::P:

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My only issue is that one of them has a severed hand, something I'm not the fondest of, but it's still a pair of nice minis ^_^

.... Looking at things I'm going to ha e to pick up both sets of gnolls at some point too, grrrr.  (yeah, not really all that worried about it, since they'd add in to my various themes anyways  ::P:

That's actually what I liked about that one:) Would make a great Blood Bowl player:)

On 25/02/2018 at 12:52 PM, Lidless Eye said:

Other highlights include The Nameless One from "Planescape: Torment"!

Updated my journal!

Funny fact, at the same time as recording the lines for The Nameless One the same voice actor was two or three years into recording a tv series (The Pretender) in which he played  a genius who had escaped from a shady organisation. He had no memories of his childhood, has the miraculous ability to learn skills really quickly, to literally become any man due to his lack of identity, and was trying to uncover his past.

Talk about money for nothing. He was basically playing the same character twice and getting paid double for it too :).

• Like 2

The Inclusion of the Nameless One kinda feels like another hint that we might be seeing a Planescape official campaign or setting book for 5e. 

We might be jumping to conclusions here. The announcement lists Nameless Ones, not Nameless One. Now it might be two different versions of the Nameless One or it could be a few different Nameless Ones (male & female). Then again, it could be something like The Broken/Forgotten/whatever those mongrelmen became known as in 3rd edition Ravenloft.

Of course it would be great if it was The Nameless One (possibly Warrior, Magic User & Thief versions).

73398-NamelessOne-600x750.png

Looks like the Planescape: Torment main character to me. They're just keeping with the pattern of having 2 human-sized miniatures in one box. Although the two different axe poses don't make that much sense to me, I like your idea of having a spellcaster or rogue better.

• Like 4

Okay, so just the axe versions then.

Now if only they could sculpt a flying skull best friend to float around with him as he stomps about being emotionally repressed and grunting at things. How do you think they'd do that? See through resin stand? There's a reason I stuck a skull on a flying base about 15-20 years ago :p. I think I've still got it somewhere.

• Like 1

Well, if these hit before the Goodwill Box comes to me, someone is getting a Nameless One in theirs as I don't need two.  He's pretty unique compared to most of the other low-level/high-level sculpts, who could always just pass for, you know, two Rogues or whatever.

I should probably mention that I received my replacement Umber Hulk from WizKids last week. Still has the same issue with the one antenna, which leads me to believe that it was supposed to be made sculpted into the shoulder. There's nothing I hate more than lazy design.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Nunae said:

The Inclusion of the Nameless One kinda feels like another hint that we might be seeing a Planescape official campaign or setting book for 5e. 

I'd wager it likely has more to do with the release of Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition...

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I should probably mention that I received my replacement Umber Hulk from WizKids last week. Still has the same issue with the one antenna, which leads me to believe that it was supposed to be made sculpted into the shoulder. There's nothing I hate more than lazy design.

Yeah, the one antenna on mine is part of the body sculpt, so the head kind of sockets into it.

• Like 1

Ive painted some of these - the treasure piles, chests and I have the wagon.  They're a little warped and have some mold lines, but nothing terrible.  What makes me the most upset is that the Beholder is sold out EVERYWHERE, unless you want to pay $25-$50 for it instead of the $4 it retails for.

• Like 1