Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

23 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My only issue is that one of them has a severed hand, something I'm not the fondest of, but it's still a pair of nice minis ^_^

.... Looking at things I'm going to ha e to pick up both sets of gnolls at some point too, grrrr.  (yeah, not really all that worried about it, since they'd add in to my various themes anyways  ::P:

The Nolzur’s gnolls are sized pretty close the the Bones gnolls. 

The pathfinder ones are pretty small.  They almost look like gnoll children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

That's actually what I liked about that one:) Would make a great Blood Bowl player:)

.. Never thought to look at it that way, but now...  Oh yeah, would make quite the lovely Blood Bowl player, especially given how, uhm, dirty my ork teams played.  Had a bad habit of pushing opposing players into the cheering crowd for example.... *whistles innocently*

34 minutes ago, Mattnuke said:

The Nolzur’s gnolls are sized pretty close the the Bones gnolls. 

The pathfinder ones are pretty small.  They almost look like gnoll children.

Definitely glad to hear, even if my wallet is all "nuooooo!" because hey, gnolls. 

9 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Yeah, the one antenna on mine is part of the body sculpt, so the head kind of sockets into it.

Kinda, but still separate from it. Doesn't look good to have one real antenna and one fake one.

13 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:
23 hours ago, Nunae said:

The Inclusion of the Nameless One kinda feels like another hint that we might be seeing a Planescape official campaign or setting book for 5e. 

I'd wager it likely has more to do with the release of Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition...

Pshhh, I want to beliiieeeve. And isn't Mordekainen's Tome of Foes supposed to be more about plane shifting? 

Edited by Nunae
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nunae said:

Pshhh, I want to beliiieeeve. And isn't Mordekainen's Tome of Foes supposed to be more about plane shifting? 

It brings up Mordekainen's plane shifting to explain why he'd know about things throughout the multiverse...but it's mostly about humanoid or highly intelligent enemies from what I can tell...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

It brings up Mordekainen's plane shifting to explain why he'd know about things throughout the multiverse...but it's mostly about humanoid or highly intelligent enemies from what I can tell...

I suppose it doesn't bring up the fact that Mordenkainen is one of the major characters in the Finnish national epic, The Kalevala, and that the early D&D players just blatantly stole the name and carried on using it for decades anyway :p.

• Like 2

My domestic online retailer finally got the beholder in stock today!

They went up this afternoon and I saw them listed as "in stock" before going out to a work dinner at 5:30.

A couple of hours later, part way through the meal, I mentioned the beholder mini to a buddy of mine and he checked their website to have a look at it. There were two left, so he bought them for us straight away, and now they're sold out. In the space of a few hours. :blink:

• Like 3

Had that same experience with my domestic online retailer and the campsite set.

Got an e-mail notification they were in stock, I was unsure if I want it and waited a day, then they were sold out. Got a notification again, apparently someone returned theirs. Bought that up instantly.

• Like 3

Anyone know if there is a common release date for the Unpainted items? Being this month has a sheepload of product I'd like to get a heads up. Thou, mainly needed for August's release, as there are couple items in that one I can use for ReaperCon & with ReaperCon at the end of the month, it's gonna be close, either way you look at it.

My local sports card shop can order Wizkids stuff so need to place a order with him today.

On 12/28/2017 at 5:30 PM, Doug's Workshop said:

I did a tour of games stores last night, and one had something like 10 copies of the Adventurer's Camp set.  I'm tempted, but I've never had a group take a wagon as they travel . . . .  As detail-oriented as I am, I really just want to build my own.  The smaller bits would be used primarily as loot counters. 

I picked up the treasure chest set;  $5 for four chests isn't too bad.  I'm going to use them as loot counters for Frostgrave, so if they get a bit beat up I'm not going to care a whole lot.  I found a cart that will most likely be used for battlefield terrain.  It doesn't seem too bad for $5.  I think I got lucky, though, as the other copies I've seen look like they've been hit with a "warp wood" spell.  I've previously purchased the griffon, and am happy with it, despite the mold lines. 

And there's no way I'd pay inflated prices for these.  Of course, there were people doing that with Ma'aldrakar just as Bones 3 shipped, so it's not a new practice.

My very first wizard magic user lived in a vardo - and lived the life of a Romany Rye.

The campsite is also the first 'official' D&D miniature that I have purchased since getting married - I have wanted a vardo for all that time....

800px-Romanichal_wagon.JPG

Farewell to the tent and the old caravan,

The tinker, the gypsy, the traveling man,

And farewell to the thirty foot trailer....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3

Looking at the Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted miniatures on eBay, and one of the minis listed for the line by an independent seller....

s-l225.jpg

Uhmmmm... pretty sure I recognize that face....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Looking at the Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted miniatures on eBay, and one of the minis listed for the line by an independent seller....

s-l225.jpg

Uhmmmm... pretty sure I recognize that face....

The Auld Grump

Yeah. it also looks painted too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Yeah. it also looks painted too.

I've seen that one. It's a seller selling painted minis.