Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

8 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Plus people who buy multiples just to keep for themselves* cause it's such a great value for that sculpt.

*Although I did send one to the forums favourite Beagle.

So right. There are other understandable reasons to get an extra copy. I ordered two beholders to paint one without and one with the spell effects, each with different skin colors. I'll make them face each other and call it "the importance of the initiative roll". jk jk

• Like 4

Had I not got Occulus (undead beholder), earlier I would be all over getting a second beholder for the purposes of turning it undead. I'll be heading back over to Phoenix Fire Games in Meridian, ID & All about Games in Boise, ID in about 2 weeks. I'm hoping there will be at least the dragonborn sculpts I'm missing. Thou, the one I really want is the spear fighter but he isn't out till whenever now (I'm assuming August).

Still good to hear of restocks are widespread now.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, haldir said:

Had I not got Occulus (undead beholder), earlier I would be all over getting a second beholder for the purposes of turning it undead. I'll be heading back over to Phoenix Fire Games in Meridian, ID & All about Games in Boise, ID in about 2 weeks. I'm hoping there will be at least the dragonborn sculpts I'm missing. Thou, the one I really want is the spear fighter but he isn't out till whenever now (I'm assuming August).

Still good to hear of restocks are widespread now.

Occulus is a great sculpt, I love their solution to a "flying base" of his hanging guts.

When I got him during a Noble Knight sale, i decided it was time to trade off my Beholder Lich from the pre-paint sets.

• Like 2

The game store in the Big City kept ordering beholders in, but they were instantly gone as soon as they showed up to fulfill orders for them. I was lucky enough to get mine because the owner was annoyed that one person was taking over 2 months to pick up his, so he sold it to me instead and let the other person wait for the next shipment. I also have an order at my FLGS, but nothing's come in for 6 months so far.

• Like 1

Is this Occulus figure something that can still be found in stores? I certainly can't find it online & there only seems to be one example of it painted even.

6 minutes ago, DavePgh said:

Is this Occulus figure something that can still be found in stores? I certainly can't find it online & there only seems to be one example of it painted even.

Valiant Miniatures are the current holders of the license, and according to their site, he is still available.

Here was my version:

occulus.jpg

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, DavePgh said:

Paizo has him on sale. How & why I picked him up. Even with shipping its a good bargain. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 3:23 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

1x Legends of Golarion #010 Bugbear Warrior
1x Vallejo Wet Effects: Transparent Water (200ml)

Dungeons & Dragons Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures:

2x Beholder
 1x Air Genasi Female Rogue 
 1x Elf Female Wizards
 1x Kobolds
Pathfinder Battles: Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures:

1x Elf Female Paladin

Woohoo! Just got my order in! The sculpts look great. The arms and staves of the two female elf wizards are remarkably thin, while only feeling slightly bendy. The individual fingers on the model with the spell wall effect are unbelievable. Not bendy at all. I had absolutely no idea PVC minis could be cast like that. Those two figures have some nasty looking mold lines though. Didn't expect the beholder to be quite that hefty. The details on that beast might be the best I've seen in PVC. Haven't opened the rest yet.

I have no real idea how to use the Transparent Water, but it looked more economical than the SW Realistic Water I've been using for years. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I have no real idea how to use the Transparent Water, but it looked more economical than the SW Realistic Water I've been using for years

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on it after you've used it.

And congrats on getting your hands on the beholders.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on it after you've used it.

And congrats on getting your hands on the beholders.

Thanks Darsc! It's easy to see why they sell so fast. They look and feel like they should be much more expansive than they are. I won't get to paint them for a while though. Still haven't painted the GF9 Purple Worm that I wanted to finish months ago. That'll be the warm up.

Truthfully, I suck at using water effects. :lol:... :blink:.. :down: It's doubtful that I'll have anything useful to report, but if I somehow manage to get good results from the Vallejo water I'll definitely mention it and take a picture. 

• Like 4

Ugh. I might be in trouble here. Miniature Market sent me 3 restock notices today and I ended up ordering more of these things. Only got the last order in a few days ago. 

Dungeons & Dragons Nolzur's Marvelous:

• Umber Hulk

• Tiefling Male Sorcerer

• Aasimar Female Wizard

Pathfinder Battles: Deep Cuts:

• Bartender/Dancing Girl

Also nabbed a couple prepaints, three packs of Army Painter tufts, a Bones Sphinx (after seeing so many killer WIP and show off threads), and a bunch of their new Tiny Terrain pieces. Kind of interested to see if any of the ruined columns or tree stumps will work for basing.

• Like 7

My friend who runs the local game store let me know that her distributors have gotten some beholders back and stock ,ad nshe's limited to 4. However, she said that she can set 2 of them aside for me. I ordered these back in January or February. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good news! My FLGS managed to get in beholders!

Neutral news: there is a limit by the distributor of only 6 per store.

Bad news: the retail price on them is $30 CAD. When I got my first one in February, I got it for $7.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Bad news: the retail price on them is $30 CAD. When I got my first one in February, I got it for $7.

I paid $5 CAD back when I bought mine.

Doubt that WIZKIDS  has raised their prices that much.

Sounds like there's some shenanigans going on somewhere in the distributor/retail chain.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I paid $5 CAD back when I bought mine.

Doubt that WIZKIDS  has raised their prices that much.

Sounds like there's some shenanigans going on somewhere in the distributor/retail chain.

As far as I'm aware, WizKids hasn't raised their price at all on them - the one I got at my FLGS a couple of weeks ago was normal retail price - and I know they got more than a half-dozen in. Sounds like either the FLGS or the Distributor is doing some rent-seeking, there. 

• Like 3