Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

4 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I paid $5 CAD back when I bought mine.

Doubt that WIZKIDS  has raised their prices that much.

Sounds like there's some shenanigans going on somewhere in the distributor/retail chain.

Definitely not the store itself, they're honest people so they wouldn't do such a high markup, plus I've seen hat the distributor charged them. I'll let the FLGS know about the price gouging, I think they might have to fire off a few emails so that they're not being screwed so much. Has anyone else in Canada seen higher prices like this?

• Like 1

Just been looking at a couple of pics of the BIG sailing ship WizKids is planning on releasing in a prepainted version later this year.

It's impressive and what I was hoping Reaper would come out with.

Should look good with the Dreadmere pieces. I'm hoping it'll work well with the Adventurescape docks I recently received.

No word yet on cost or if it will be released in a nonpainted version.

IMG_1884.JPG.5591732b5bc97b31e697cbb79a6961fd.JPGIMG_1885.thumb.PNG.499468edbb1bc001116bf3f9a8c8b226.PNG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2018 at 4:06 AM, Nunae said:

The Wizkids unpainted lines seem to have been popular sellers pretty much everywhere. Which makes it so frustrating that they are so hard to get. And that some stores have pre-order options (or order at-all options) up, even with dates, and never see the wares (and have no idea on when they will get it). And even if they see the stuff, you have to basically go to your computer and order as soon as they get it, or else it will be out again. It's kinda weird that you have to hunt those miniatures, which are marketed as affordable intro-to-painting products, down like super rare collectibles.

Not the intent at all.   The demand has far outpaced supply on the early waves.   Later wave should be widely available.  It’s bad to be out of stock and we’re working hard to get minis here.  We even fly some in when needed but alas, shipping and customs alone takes 5 weeks total.  

14 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I paid $5 CAD back when I bought mine.

Doubt that WIZKIDS  has raised their prices that much.

Sounds like there's some shenanigans going on somewhere in the distributor/retail chain.

You are right, the mini is $4.99srp.  Despite the shortages.  I would call shenanigans. 

• Like 5

I'm thinking that it might have been an error. She checked her other distributor, and it shows the normal pricing of it. Whether the error was unintentional or not doesn't matter, as long as they fix this when she calls her rep tomorrow then it'll be all good.

• Like 8

There was a couple of beholders over at the Boise game store yesterday. Clerk pointed them out but I told him I got one in the initial wave. They were price at 4.99.

Overall they had a good selection. They were missing the female dragonborn (one I really wanted). 

• Like 4

Good news on my end. When the store owner called her rep she was told that the new rep had two clients up on his screen at the same time and accidentally swapped pricing for two items. The good news is that the store has been credited and the price of the beholders went down to $8.99 (a reasonable markup, considering where we are). The bad news is that the rep now has to call the other client and inform them that they were undercharged and it has to be corrected. I now got 2 more beholders!

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

corrected. I now got 2 more beholders!

Congratulations!

Im glad it worked out.

• Like 4

My beholder came in.  With my friends 30% discount......it was $3.50.

Unfortunately, I’m expecting a few of the wave 5 ones to be hard to track down (at least initially).  I predict the modrons, gelatinous cube, and rust monster will be in high demand.

• Like 2

Finally got ahold of the Beholder - decided to go check Miniatures Market and squeezed into that tiny shop refresh window. Ordered when there were 8 in stock, like 20 minutes later they were sold out...

My FLGS owner ordered the last 6 Umber Hulks from his distributor, so I'm hoping to scoop up two or three of them, as well... The one I painted up is fantastic, but I'd like enough for a high level encounter.

The Adventurer's Campground is hard to get ahold of, too... I'm expecting the Modrons and Gelatinous Cube will be, too, with this new set. We never even got the Xorn or Slaad...

All in all, some great monster sculpts, IMO, but they're almost as hard to get ahold of as the prepaintes for some of them. It's frustrating, a bit - I wanted to be able to grab these as I need them, but I'm having to hunt down ones I want special...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Aard_Rinn said:

The Adventurer's Campground is hard to get ahold of, too... I'm expecting the Modrons and Gelatinous Cube will be, too, with this new set. We never even got the Xorn or Slaad...

That whole release with the Xorn and Slaad, the one due last May, never made it to Western Canada.

I'm not even clear on whether it was actually released or not.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

That whole release with the Xorn and Slaad, the one due last May, never made it to Western Canada.

I'm not even clear on whether it was actually released or not.

I thought I had seen that it was delayed and it was now due to be out in August, but I can't confirm where I saw it.

• Like 1

I believe a few distributors announced it was delayed...WizKids is pretty useless when it comes to previews/announcements like that for anything but HeroClix.

• Like 3

I just got an Umber Hulk today! Looks like a solid sculpt. I don't think I'll need more than one, but I'm thrilled to have it. Getting official old school 1st edition monsters at these prices is so satisfying. At the same time, they're pumping out loads of the newer PC races. Got a couple more of those too, along with some lovely NPCs. 
• Tiefling Male Sorcerer

• Aasimar Female Wizard

• Bartender/Dancing Girl

The wings on one of the Aasimar figures popped off in the packaging. Would superglue be the best adhesive to reattach it, or would that possibly frost the clear plastic? Guess I could use a clear 2-part epoxy to be sure. 

Considering how fast some of these sell out, I'll probably preorder the upcoming ones that I know I'll want.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I thought I had seen that it was delayed and it was now due to be out in August, but I can't confirm where I saw it.

I know on here, Jziran, posted it was pushed to August.

That was a very big wave, so we'll see how it's handled.

23 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

The wings on one of the Aasimar figures popped off in the packaging. Would superglue be the best adhesive to reattach it, or would that possibly frost the clear plastic? Guess I could use a clear 2-part epoxy to be sure. 

Considering how fast some of these sell out, I'll probably preorder the upcoming ones that I know I'll want.

Gorilla superglue doesn't fog clear parts. That's all I use.

Seriously thinking about pre-ordering myself thou I guess it all depends on what I might need for my Vegas games in Feb. Other then that I can wait for whenever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I managed to get to the mail before Megan, for a change, and there was the 'missing' pieces from the camp set! (Packaging said one thing on the outside, but only had the spaces for what came on the inside.) So, another bedroll, chest, backpack, campfire, spellbook, scroll or map, and messenger bag.

It took a lot longer than I had originally been told, but it did eventually come.

Between the Terrain Crates and this set, I have plenty of camping gear for the games.

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* PVC seems to work just fine for terrain pieces - and O am discovering that I really like having terrain.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6