Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

14 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Is male pattern baldness something that afflicts dragons too?

[Imagines a red dragon with a scaleless spot on top of it's head with an obvious fake horn trying to hide it. Gah! I'm back to wondering if anyone knows a dragon wig maker.]

Yeah, but making Dragon Wings takes a lot of hot sauce....

And don't wear white while eating them, that stuff never comes out!

The Auld Grump, oh, wait... dragon wigs! Never mind then.... (Bad sign - this was a joke post... but my mouth started watering....)

• Like 2

Oh, I just saw there is supposed to be a Wizkids Wave 7, with Pathfinder Doppelgangers and quite a few animals. Also, some more rare player races like Tabaxi and Goliaths.

I do like the dragons, but it's hard for me to picture their size. The white one looks great, the green one would need some facial trimming of that horn, and the red one is okay, but I'm not sure if I'd buy him over a Reaper dragon of similar size.

Also, I saw the ship advertised, but only painted, and available for $250 usd, so that's out of my price range (though probably worth it if you're running a pirate or sea-heavy campaign).

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 11:30 AM, Mattnuke said:

My beholder came in.  With my friends 30% discount......it was $3.50.

Unfortunately, I’m expecting a few of the wave 5 ones to be hard to track down (at least initially).  I predict the modrons, gelatinous cube, and rust monster will be in high demand.

We *should* be ahead of the demand curve and planned accordingly for those figure but like anything else, it’s tough to gauge consumer response.  We have plenty of minis in stock after the distributors have taken their shares.   That bodes well for availability after the initial hubbub.    Fear not, between now and the end of the year we have 30 containers of material coming over and 15 of them are Rpg minis.   Wave 5 (shipping to stores now), wave 1-4 restocks (shipping to stores in 2-4 weeks), wave 6 (October), another wave of 1-5 restocks landing in December.    There are lots of minis coming over!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Very glad to hear that there will be more stock for the new releases. That said, I don't want to risk missing some my favorites from the next release so I preordered a few.

Dungeons & Dragons Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Miniatures:

Aasimar Female Paladin 

Aasimar Male Paladin
 Fire Genasi Female Wizard

Gelatinous Cube

Monodrone & Duodrone 

Pathfinder Battles Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures:

Gray Maidens (I try to buy all the Gray Maidens. LOVE their armor!)

Also snagged the Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer's paint set... mostly to get Minsc & Boo. ::P:

Spoiler

Plus other stuff like a few Reaper and S75 paints, the two new Reaper Catfolk, invisible Minsc & Boo, some prepaints...

• Like 4