Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

1 hour ago, DavePgh said:

My local shop got a restock the other day & two Beholders were in it. Got a second one since it's a cool sculpt, but I resisted the urge to buy both. Picked up an Umberhulk, silver dragon & a few other things as well.

Glad you got your hands on a second one.

The silver dragon doesn’t get talked about very much but it’s a very nice sculpt, a steal at that price, and is about as difficult to find as the beholder.

So well done!

• Like 4

Trying my luck through Miniature Market - already the process seems a lot smoother - higher price, but more transparency.

Placing two orders - one for in stock, the other for pre-orders.

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

It looks like The War Store closed their physical retail location today, which may explain some of the recent issues.

Their choice to open the retail shop was always contentious to me...they moved it to be in the backyard of my childhood FLGS, who were one of their first and biggest supporters when they first opened as distributors.  All the retail locations were after I moved out of NY, so I never got to see it in person.

Slightly off-topic, but I still have no Beholder to fawn over, so...

• Like 3

On 10/8/2018 at 2:03 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

Glad you got your hands on a second one.

The silver dragon doesn’t get talked about very much but it’s a very nice sculpt, a steal at that price, and is about as difficult to find as the beholder.

So well done!

Hmm... Didn't know the silver dragon was a hard one to find. Two of the shops I frequent have them. It's a really nice sculpt that I'm looking forward to painting up.

Needed to get some of the accessories from the Wizard's Room set for the Xanathar I'm working on & picked up the Merchants pack and Adventurer's Campsite on a whim. I don't generally do dio pieces since I don't yet play D&D, but that set peaked my interest.

• Like 3

I've seen the silver dragon once in person. I may have to pick it up when I see it again.

• Like 2

I just ordered from the Warstore, about 7 of my large order of Wizkids says out of stock now in my order list, even though we were careful to only order the ones listed as in stock.  We asked to have those removed, refunded and the in stock ones sent right away.  We will see what happens.

• Sad 5

On 10/9/2018 at 6:46 AM, Citrine said:

I just ordered from the Warstore, about 7 of my large order of Wizkids says out of stock now in my order list, even though we were careful to only order the ones listed as in stock.  We asked to have those removed, refunded and the in stock ones sent right away.  We will see what happens.

I hope your order doesn't turn into a CmoN black Friday fiasco. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/10/2018 at 3:45 PM, haldir said:

I hope your order doesn't turn into a CmoN black Friday fiasco. 

I sure hope not, I only got half of what we ordered from that mess, and it took forever.  

We have not gotten a response to our email yet, which is not a good sign.

• Sad 4

Just got an email saying he is shipping the ones he has, which is all but 4, since he had gotten a shipment in.  He will ship the last four later.  We are ok with that as long as we don't have to pay extra shipping.

Edited by Citrine
Autocorrect did the wrong word...
  • Like 6

I got the Silver Dragon the first time I saw it a year ago. The retail price was an amazing deal (~$5CDN).

Not surprised if the cost went up. That price point felt very unsustainable.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2018 at 4:48 PM, PaganMegan said:

Grump was PISSY about it.

Pretty sure he sent them a nastygram.

The irony is that if I had waited a couple of days, I would have gotten it sooner - The Warstore got their restock the day after I sent the nastygram canceling the order.

Not sorry I sent it - I was pretty specific about letting me know if anything was out of stock when I sent in the order.

I have been wanting to say this for a while - the Beholder is a great looking for miniature. Very expressive, and well made.

Pezler the Polychromatic very kindly sent the Beholder for my wife and I, and it is very, very much appreciated. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We're at Burger King right now.

Grump got a nice box in the mail.

I opened it and showed up when he got out of work, paints and new minis in the back seat.

The umber hulk is awesome! The pose is hunched, so it is a lumbering hulk! Nice and dynamic.

I already have two plans for it and for the Yuan Ti that were in the box. 

Leaving the furniture for Grump!

• Like 5

The warstore order arrived, everything was there other than the four that we where told were out of stock.

• Like 5