Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Has anyone seen the Gargantuan dragons in the wild yet?

All over Austin TX, but we have an abundance of FLGS.. not enough roads or drinkable water but plenty of gaming stores

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Local trading card shop has 1 of each in stock.He's had em for about 2 weeks now. I was kinda surprised he had them in stock. Thou, I shouldn't as the guy does like the unpainted line & dragons. Hoping to pick up the white this week, as when I first saw them I wasn't sure which one I wanted. All depends on finances this week I guess.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, haldir said:

Local trading card shop has 1 of each in stock.He's had em for about 2 weeks now. I was kinda surprised he had them in stock. Thou, I shouldn't as the guy does like the unpainted line & dragons. Hoping to pick up the white this week, as when I first saw them I wasn't sure which one I wanted. All depends on finances this week I guess.

I'm thinking about talking to my DM about it. She wants an ancient blue dragon... 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, Crowley said:

I wound up picking up all three because, well, dragons.

Size is about the same as Deathsleet. Not a bad size for a dragon .but not the size of Garuth or Marthrangul either.  The detailing is much sharper than bones though (literally in the case of the red dragon, I'm calling him Spike!)  Very nice setup for doing lots of shading with very few flat surfaces, well setup to make even a basecoat, wash, drybrush 2 hour paint job look good.

• Like 3

New minis for May!!

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/41811/wizkids-reveals-new-d-d-pathfinder-unpainted-minis

Looking forward to the Big'Uns. Also the female dragonborn sorcerer as well. (nice to finally have non-martial Db)

Also love the Vampire Hunters being, Van Richten & Esmeralda from Curse of Strahd.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wow, Grim Reaper? How obscure, that only comes up if the player draws that specific card from the Deck of Many Things.

You know, if they keep going back to Curse of Strahd for minis, maybe SOME day we'll get an Izek Strazni miniature.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huh, I'm surprised they're not even re-posing the Giants from their pre-painted versions.  Harshnag was a reposed sculpt based on the same digital dolly.

Also, Vah Richten and Esmerelda!  Awesome!

Also, Minsc & Boo!  Awesome!  I like the pose better than the GF9 version.

1 minute ago, BlazingTornado said:

Wow, Grim Reaper? How obscure, that only comes up if the player draws that specific card from the Deck of Many Things.

You know, if they keep going back to Curse of Strahd for minis, maybe SOME day we'll get an Izek Strazni miniature.

Pathfinder APs love to use the Grim Reaper or his wanna-bes all the time.

29 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

Pathfinder APs love to use the Grim Reaper or his wanna-bes all the time.

I was making a joke. Even if you don't use the grim reaper this makes a good wraith or specter or any of the floaty sheety undead types.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

DM Workshop/Miguel Zavala did do a 3D print design for him:

Image result for izek strazni

• Like 2

Has anyone heard anymore of the sailing ship Wizkids was planning to do?

They displayed a pro type work in progress physical model at a show awhile back, but now all I can find are cad designs. It’s as if they’ve literally gone back to the drawing board.

D46DAAFF-EF77-4018-894C-2A10737E83C1.jpeg

7F07EDA0-30E4-452E-B586-6A9F742A0282.jpeg

• Like 1

The Falling Star ship is still on it’s way for January.  I can’t find info on the unpainted one any more, but several stores have the painted one for preorder.  (Mind you, I only gave about 10 minutes of time for that search!)

There are three things keeping me from preordering one.  The lower decks are all hard pressboard.  The size is restrictive for use/travel.  It has a $250 price tag on most sites that normally give 15-30% discounts.  Owch!

Edited by Mattnuke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1