SamuraiJack

Fulfilling
Prism Dice : Handmade from Bulletproof Glass by Relic Dicedunded

67 posts in this topic

Maybe I missed it but did they ever say what the nominal size of these are?   They show one next to a "standard die" but whose standard?    

And I have to wonder why one of my first thoughts was what would happen if you shot a die made of bullet proof glass at a pane of bullet proof glass.  

Maybe I missed it but did they ever say what the nominal size of these are?   They show one next to a "standard die" but whose standard?    

And I have to wonder why one of my first thoughts was what would happen if you shot a die made of bullet proof glass at a pane of bullet proof glass.

Bullet proof glass does not mean damage proof. The die would like flatten upon the impacted area while the glass would likely craze.

@ Mad Klingon

Hey! The reason I don't quote a exact size is because the dice are made and finished by hand. As such, they could all be slightly different from each other. They are all "about" 16mm size, which is the same size as standard Die you buy at a game store, but sometimes will go down to 15.9mm or 15.999888mm ect.

@ Darsc Zacal

Is very correct!

I do have a update which shows a video of my dice going through some rather rough trials

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1874304670/prism-dice-handmade-from-bulletproof-glass/posts/1520779

But having said that, they are CERTAINLY NOT damage proof!

1 person likes this

Wow! That rock crusher video is impressive!

What will the cost be for a single d20 in a chosen color?

Edited by Talae

@ Darsc Zacal

Is very correct!

I do have a update which shows a video of my dice going through some rather rough trials

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1874304670/prism-dice-handmade-from-bulletproof-glass/posts/1520779

But having said that, they are CERTAINLY NOT damage proof!

Impressive. Most impressive.

Your powers of dice selling are strong.

Seriously. If you had run this a couple of years ago when our dollars were at par and my financial situation was different, I could see myself having ordered a set.

My lapis cost about as much, as did the Machu Pichu dice and for that one I only get three. The chocolate dice still haven't delivered. <_<

If you contact them on the book face they usually reply pretty fast

They updated last night about "progress."

The Valentines Day gift that wasn't. <_<

Wow that rock crusher video is nuts. Guy even hit it twice as much as the others, and didn't seem to be holding back at all.

Not strictly scientific, but a good show of the strengths nonetheless!

3 people like this

Funny how one can use dice for years and not really pay attention to them.  On the size question, my sets of dice that were probably sold as 16mm, have the d4,d6, d8 and d10 being about 16mm flat to flat, or flat to point for the d4.  The d12 and d20 are about 18mm flat to flat.  Will yours all be nominally 16mm or will the d12 and d20s be a bit larger?

What type paint do you recommend?  Had a wild thought of every number a different color.       

@ Mad Klingon

Thanks for the notes about size. I made a updated post in my Kickstarter to reflect it. That is one of the reasons I love engaging with people online, is you help me see the many things I miss. After all, I'm a artist, not a business person! :)

@ pcktlnt

Thanks!

@ Talae

Thank you! I will have prices up in a few hours from now on single die prices so they can be purchased. Just working on the graphic banner now. It's funny, I may be a artist but banners / graphic design is my bane....

Prices for single die are

Add-ons

D6 D10 D12 D20

$10

$12

$12

$15

@ Darsc Zacal

Honestly I am just happy that you like them. Like art I think a quality painting sells itself. :)

@ Ravendas

I like that.  " Not strictly scientific, but a good show of the strengths nonetheless! "

Can I steal that quote? It describes my testing methods! :)

Honestly I use some rather big terms in my Kickstarter. When you do something like that you need to back it up. But if you see it from my point of view, I already did the tests before hand so I knew what they were capable of withstanding. That is why I used terms like a Lifetime of use in the Kickstarter because I had gone through many many durability tests. I have so many dice that have been turned to power or cracked and smashed over the last two years while I figured everything out! lol

Mad Klingon

Ok....

I'm going to share a dice secret with everyone.

I have not said this anywhere else, or in my comments section or anything because people would think I'm crazy...

There are no 16mm dice sets.

None that I am aware of at least.

It's so crazy. We all know what a 16mm dice set feels like. We know the size of a d12 to a d8, but if you actually stop and measure it you will find out that your set is not really 16mm! A lot of times the D10 is not 16mm either, nor is the d8! The reason dice people call it a 16mm set, is because more than 50% of the die are 16mm side to side or side to point. When I started doing research I was stunned!

To answer question #1, my D20 and D12 are both slightly larger in mm then the rest of the dice as well.

Question #2, I use standard artist level acrylic paints and inks for numbers.

I had never thought of each number a different color! I will warn though that some colors of ink are much harder to see then white is, at least for me. Maybe my eyes are just getting old!

Couldn't find the option to pledge for a single die. Was thinking of maybe ordering a D20. Possibly two so they could also be used as percentiles. Depends on how things stand when this ends and price and shipping costs to Canada.

Time to make a game about using gunshots to roll the dice.  Maybe call it Russian Rollette.

For the cost of adding anther 20'i might as well pledge the ten set

Couldn't find the option to pledge for a single die. Was thinking of maybe ordering a D20. Possibly two so they could also be used as percentiles. Depends on how things stand when this ends and price and shipping costs to Canada.

You pledge at the dollar level and then add the amount specified for each die you want.

You pledge at the dollar level and then add the amount specified for each die you want.
But how much is each individual die? All I could find is a random die is $9 but I dont want a random die.