Sign in to follow this  

Oh come on, if you're going to show us several, good black blends you could at least hint at how it was accomplished.

FYI, I refuse all explanations that lack sacrifices to pagan gods of art and murder.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      I'm in love with this mini, that retro feel it has is just great!
      I had a lot of fun painting it and tried being bold with the basing 
      Really happy with how it turned out 

• By lazarp
      This is the mini I painted a few months back.

My first try at painting tattoos too :D
      I'm very happy how he turned out, I've used him as a boss in my dnd campaign and people loved him :D

Next to a Mantic Greatax Orc :D

Next to a heavily converted 03197: Thelgar Halfblood :D

• By lazarp
      So I started collecting Slaves to Darknes miniatures because I want to get into Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
      I already bought a bunch of minis of ebay really cheap, some official gw, some avatars of war, and I found a few oldchool chaos heroes from the 90's in the collection of a friend who plays dnd with me. 
      I want to have a deamon prince mini but I'm not really into giving a bazillion euros just to start out at a game, if you get me 
      So I decided to make my own for less than 5 euros.
      I bought two cheap toys, took wings of the dragon and glued them onto the demon, glued the demons arms, torso, head etc. to make him fixed. Filled holes with fimo air. 
      Also made an axe for him out of sprue, cut up plastic and fimo air.
      I didn't have a 60mm base at home and was to lazy to go to the local games club to buy some, so I cut up cardboard, stuck some styrodur, decorative rocks and sand and then spray painted it all.
      When the fimo drys I will spray paint the demon as well and post results  Thanks for reading!

• By Thoramel
      This guy has been rattling around in a cigar box full of old metal minis, half painted, for a long time now. I think, based on some internet searching, that he is a "Digga Yoof." I've never played Warhammer before though, and I can't remember where i got this, so I'm not 100% sure. If the photos I've found online are correct it appears he may have had a gun at some point instead of that odd looking, one fingered stump. Anyways, he's an imp now and that's one less mini on the shelf of shame.

• By Crowley
      Sometime in the middle of 2018 I pulled out this old GW Mordheim Ogre Mercenary mini, and poked at it a bit, intending on painting him up pretty quickly. If I remember correctly, I did the base intending on using it for the dire boar, but then decided that it didn’t work for that mini. I have only a vague idea of how I primed it, but I think I mixed Reaper’s Brush On White Primer with… Grey Liner? Maybe? After priming it I started painting the flesh with… maybe Tanned Shadow? Maybe Ruddy Flesh? Since then I haven’t done anything with it, and he’s been looking at me accusingly the whole time.

Blurry picture cropped from the background of a work table shot where the ogre sat unloved 

So time to get it done.

Going back over the skin, I reblocked in with Ruddy Flesh. I used a bit of Walnut Brown to darken it for the shadows, and Rusty Red for the nose, cheeks, ears, and lip to make it look more fleshy. I used Linen White for the eyes, teeth and nails. Both the teeth and nails are going to need significant yellowing.

The shirt was painted with Muddy Olive, while the jacket was painted with Rusty Red, while  just about everything else has been painted with Walnut Brown.

More to come!
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 165 Guests (See full list)