• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      More Stuff I did on Summer Vacation.

PingosHusband gave me a set of Citadel "Sisters of the Thorn", female wood elves riding what are supposed to be deer, I think (although they have solid hooves and their antlers attach weirdly). Anyhow, they look pretty cool. The set also could make up some hunky shirtless male riders in creepy antlered masks, and I ended up making one of those along with four of the females.

And then there were parts left over.

Sooo ...  I had enough to make one more full male torso and one female torso lacking hair (and three male torsos that need hair and right arms, but that's a project for another day ...).

Well, what can you do with a torso?

Obviously, make centaurs (horse or spider) out of them. I lugged out my bin o' Bones and found 77264: Female Centaur sculpted by Sandra Garrity (There's a male centaur too, but interestingly the female "horse" part is larger and more robust than the male.) and 77182: Arachnid Archer sculpted by Gene van Horne.

I ruthlessly sliced off the human torso from the centaur and used a pin because I'm not sure how well epoxy adheres to Bones.

I carved the waist of the spider body a little to fit the elf torso, but I didn't take pictures of that. This is the figure fitted in but not yet glued. There wasn't any hair for this torso, so her face is only a hollow mask glued to the neck at a tiny contact point at the back of the chin, fragile and just a little creepy.

I mixed up some epoxy and drizzled little comma-shapes onto parchment paper, let them dry, and peeled them off. Then I mixed more epoxy and blobbed it into the back of the elf's skull and added dried epoxy commas until it looked more or less like hair.

Here are the two of them done:

• By Sharkbelly
      Hey all, Here is the start of a small Orcs and Goblins force. These guys have been sitting around for a while, but since I forgot to pack my case of miniatures when I came back overseas, they are next up on the painting table...

I hope they'll make a nice complement to my Ogre army, and be useful for RPGs and Warhammer Quest. So far they have gotten some brown, beige, and two shades of green.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Ensign Roxy "Hotshot" Malone, the colour scheme test Voidsman for my Starstriders set.

I think she came out pretty well, and the group should look rather striking, when I eventually get the rest painted.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By LarsM
      Finally got around to take pictures of my Warhammer diorama.
      I entered it into a local competition, and was lucky enough to win the Warhammer category. Thanks to everyone who wrote a comment in the WIP thread.
      Link here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81383-warhammer-diorama-pic-heavy/

..Sorry for the overload of pictures!  -could'nt help myself..

Although on these pictures I can see many mistakes, I am quite happy with it.
      Hope you enjoy it, and as always any comment, critiq or question is welcome.

• By WhiteWulfe
      They say every army needs it's centerpiece, it's keystone...  It's.... Leader.  Many have glorious names, that warriors will flock to battle under, to defend some sort of principle, moral code, or... Other stuff.

Not this one.  Nope, not him, a warlord who doesn't even bother with a name.  Some say his name was lost to the ages, others say that anyone who dares utter his name winds up meeting an untimely fate.  All that is known, is that the murderous mutant rats under his command are some of the most bloodthirsty out there, and they all speak with a hushed reverence for some critter that's simply known as "Steve", most without realizing Steve is the impaled skull on the warlord's shoulder...

Two things are well known though...  He, and his forces are typically only known by their actions, namely that any town or outpost that they attack, there are no survivors left behind, and an absolutely bloody amount of carnage is left in his wake..

^Originally tried to just use the box art behind him, and keep things relatively tidy, but I was having trouble with my mobile phone's camera hunting for focus, and so after a few attempts I wound up switching to a plain white sheet of paper.  Putting these two up though because a)I like them, and b)the colours turned out fairly close to how the mini is in the real world, at least to my eyes.

This is the first character mini for my "Unrelenting Tide" Skaven army...  Comprised of a combination of the 25th Anniversary Warhammer Fantasy Battles Skaven boxed army set and the Island of Blood miniatures, this is the first miniature I've tried to go further than just tabletop with, and saw what I'll describe as mixed results.  While I did want to try certain techniques such as OSL, I decided as I was going on to simply work on basics such as lining.  Now yes, I could have gone a few more layers on the flames, and especially his lower half, I wound up calling him "done" due to a few things, but mostly because I'd repainted certain parts three or four times and it was getting to the point where I just wanted him finished.  Oddly enough, thanks to some things on him and other minis I'm still working on, I was able to come up with a colour scheme that seemed to just... "click" and work for him.
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)