knarthex

Fractured Dimensions / Mortal Arrow Bodak (OPDV34)

I somehow missed this on the WIP. He is bad___! And the lava effect is really, really good!

• Like 1

Wow! Amazing lava. It LOOKS hot.

The rest of him is good too! Rippling muscles really pop. This is one of those minis, when you put on the table, the players go "oh.. oh no."

• Like 4

Well done Knarthrex. He looks menacing and a formidable foe. I like the lava effect as well. Adds to the character. The cloak and metallic portions are well done.

Very nice work, George! You really made this miniature pop.

If I were to make a suggestion, it might be to try out some OSL effects from the lava, casting stronger light on his... apron?

Thanks Everyone!

Very nice work, George! You really made this miniature pop.

If I were to make a suggestion, it might be to try out some OSL effects from the lava, casting stronger light on his... apron?

I thought long and hard about doing (TRYING!) OSL on his skirt, and remembering my last attempt, decided not now, not on this mini.

After I learn how to do it, I will likely com back and try it....

George

• Like 1

Splendid work, sir.

Love that base. You really nailed the lava-look.

Considering what yours looked like, I take that as the best compliment I could Get!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      They say every army needs it's centerpiece, it's keystone...  It's.... Leader.  Many have glorious names, that warriors will flock to battle under, to defend some sort of principle, moral code, or... Other stuff.

Not this one.  Nope, not him, a warlord who doesn't even bother with a name.  Some say his name was lost to the ages, others say that anyone who dares utter his name winds up meeting an untimely fate.  All that is known, is that the murderous mutant rats under his command are some of the most bloodthirsty out there, and they all speak with a hushed reverence for some critter that's simply known as "Steve", most without realizing Steve is the impaled skull on the warlord's shoulder...

Two things are well known though...  He, and his forces are typically only known by their actions, namely that any town or outpost that they attack, there are no survivors left behind, and an absolutely bloody amount of carnage is left in his wake..

^Originally tried to just use the box art behind him, and keep things relatively tidy, but I was having trouble with my mobile phone's camera hunting for focus, and so after a few attempts I wound up switching to a plain white sheet of paper.  Putting these two up though because a)I like them, and b)the colours turned out fairly close to how the mini is in the real world, at least to my eyes.

This is the first character mini for my "Unrelenting Tide" Skaven army...  Comprised of a combination of the 25th Anniversary Warhammer Fantasy Battles Skaven boxed army set and the Island of Blood miniatures, this is the first miniature I've tried to go further than just tabletop with, and saw what I'll describe as mixed results.  While I did want to try certain techniques such as OSL, I decided as I was going on to simply work on basics such as lining.  Now yes, I could have gone a few more layers on the flames, and especially his lower half, I wound up calling him "done" due to a few things, but mostly because I'd repainted certain parts three or four times and it was getting to the point where I just wanted him finished.  Oddly enough, thanks to some things on him and other minis I'm still working on, I was able to come up with a colour scheme that seemed to just... "click" and work for him.
    • By NomadZeke
      [MOD]Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.

We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.[/MOD]

As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge last year, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.

FAQ
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.

NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota – rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota

Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1.

If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.

Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little, to start painting more.

You challenge begins...now!

And Our Mantra:

Participants:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, you must post in the bi-monthly thread.

The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)

What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Reaper/non-reaper!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Based/unbased!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)

Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78658-janfeb-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79997-marchapril-rpchallenge/
      May/June: 9 Oops.
      July/August: 9:
      Sept/Oct: 8:
      Nov/Dec: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82946-end-of-year-rpchallenge-oct-nov-dec/

Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By NomadZeke
      Pretty certain at this point I fell off the wagon got ran over by it, then chased it down and set it on fire (given the drought of these - explanation is in the chatter thread)

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78657-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2018-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the delay, there is going to be a normal and hard challenge for each month.

Your challenge is: 13!

October Bonus: This is Halloween! - Paint a mini using only colors that have black, orange, and purple in the name. You may also use "Fresh Blood" and "Spectral White" as they are part of the monthly promotion.
      Hard mode: Jack-o-lantern's light - Paint a mini where the only source of light would be coming from inside a jack-o-lantern. Pumpkin may be part of the mini/base or sculpted

November Bonus: Festive feast - Since both US And Canada have their Thanksgiving in this time bracket - paint up a mini (figure or terrain) to have some food being presented
      Hard mode: Liquid Cheer - This can be done with the above - paint a mini where it's holding a drinking vessel - but paint it as though the mug were glass and you could see the drink inside from the sides (in theme - ale or wine is the best use)

December Bonus: Winter Solstice - To celebrate the shortest day of the year - paint a halfling or dwarf decked in wintry colors (think blues/grays/whites, maybe brown and a little bit of evergreen)
      Hard Mode: Gift wrapped - paint a mini with any inorganic parts (metal, cloth, etc) being done to resemble giftwrap - little candy canes, trees, text, stripes, etc - bows optional

Good luck

The game is made up and the points don't matter
    • By Chaoswolf
      This a Bones elf ranger that I started painting a while back and decided to finish just to be done with him. Done to a tabletop standard. Thanks for looking.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)