CrazyK

Large Magma Elemental (Bones 77185)

I love that kind of effect and you have executed it very well. I really like it

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums! I really like what you have done with this mini. Makes me want to get him and do the same!

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the comments guys.  Have followed the forum for a while and joined up recently.  Thought it was about time to share the results of my figmentia, 

• Like 3

Oh, this is very nice. I love the stark contrast and the way the inner hot core looks 'alive' through the cracks.. You REALLY did this mini justice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      After painting the Bonesylvanians Lon figure to look like my girlfriend's dog Erebus, I decided my dog Cadbury deserves the same treatment.

He's wearing purple trousers because Cadbury chocolate comes in purple wrappers. I don't know why I did the belt in orange though. And please ignore the crappy job on the base.

Here he is in real life:

• By Sarducci
      Continuing my paint up of all the bosses in the Forge of Fury, here is Kavorgh, painted up to be the Orc Wight Champion.  My first time playing with a light box to get better pictures too :)

• By Morihalda
      Whoo! I primed these all last month after ReaperCon. And then they just sat there while I finished other stuff. But now my desk is clear and I'm ready for more art!

I am solidly in the "paint a solid color on the mini with a little shadow and highlight because I wanna play or sculpt" category. I also feel like I could have given my most recent sculpt a lot more love simply by not just painting her all the same shade of brown, haha!

So I've gathered up my paint, a handful of bones minis, my notes from Rhonda, Derek, and Erin, and now it's time to learn how to paint skin! I'm really excited to try out different expressions, skintones, and lighting. I went ahead and primed them so if we need them for any games, they won't have blinding white clothes on. I'm not certain on all the names, but all except maybe 1 or 2 of these were from my Bones III Kickstarter order.

I don't want to get pinged for nudity, so I gave this dryad a cute little Space Age dress in case she accidentally gets in the frame while I'm working on other pieces.

I'm pretty pleased with it. ;)
    • By Adrift
      Friends! Here are 23 additional figures I painted in September. The results are largely for tabletop, or slightly better than tabletop quality.

The Dreadmere Hunter was a free miniature at ReaperCon...I hated it but got it for my son, he loved it and his little 8-year-old heart decided that it was to be his DND ranger 
      I also painted the Barrel Mimic which Galladoria Games gave away as a new attendee this year. I painted a DGS miniature named Jhenkar (a small version of the Neverending Story dragon). I also painted two Red Box Games miniatures, Derek the Dim and Hvitarnor (first time doing a 5-o'clock shadow). Lots of experimenting with TMM and NMM. Just having fun, trying things and enjoying making progress...

• By jonaas33
      I have a Halloween themed adventure coming up, and I have been hyping how scary and gory it will be to the players. Unbeknownst to them, it will actually be a lighthearted romp featuring these Halloween themed cereal monsters!  Instead of horror and frights, the players will be solving goofy puzzles, trick-or-treating with monsters, and hopefully having a fun time!  

I enjoyed painting these figs, especially the Clay Golem (77170) for Frankenberry, which was mostly an experiment in layering paints.  The Vampire (77282) as Count Chocula was most challenging, as I was limited to a brown palette. Critiques and advice are always welcome! Thanks in advance!

• Who's Online   45 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)