Can not wait to see your take on this. Now another company to invest in. Those buildings look amazing. Like the cottage set as well. There is a myriad of detail.

• Like 1

Those are going to look amazing! Make me wish I had room for a few! I'm probably going to have to start giving/selling stuff to make room for future projects! LOL! 

Edit: These buildings, however, will require a cat!

Edited by Kharsin
  • Like 4

Yes, I will definitely need little animals, including a cat. If I could find a tiny mouse, that would be awesome as well! I considered trying to make a little cobweb in one corner of the room. We'll see what happens when I get to that point.

• Like 1

Those are gorgeous.  Almost makes me want to invest in some, but I'm still just building them from scratch and sweat...

• Like 2

I would look at familiar packs for your small animals....

I did check out the familiars and found a few things I like. A hedgehog...squeeeee! I didn't find bunnies or any cute little birds, like songbirds. Several larger birds that I like but no little ones. Some cats. Edna the crazy cat lady doesn't need so many. Wish the boneyard was back. The little weasel/ferret will work and I am sure I already have him somewhere...

Those are gorgeous.  Almost makes me want to invest in some, but I'm still just building them from scratch and sweat...

I know many of you are talented enough to make your own. I know my limitations so I must purchase the artful sculpting endeavors of others. However, they are having free worldwide shipping until April 23. I would place another order but the hubs might just blow his top. I have so many things unpainted and I keep buying more! I have been trying to time my purchases to when he gets a new video game. Unfortunately he says the next one he wants is in May.

I also looked around and found a couple fireplaces from Fenryll. There are 2 that I like that I think would work. Of course they have a bunch of other goodies that I also like. And it would mean another order. See what my hubby has to put up with? Ha!

• Like 7

There's nothing wrong with making stuff yourself AND buying stuff!  I do both.  I also got an order as part of my Christmas, and just finished painting the Town Well.  I'm also in the process of building two Bavarian-style houses from scratch (balsa wood, foamboard, and card).  I've got stuff from Miniature Building Authority, and cardstock models from Fat Dragon Games.  HirstArts molds and Dave Graffam Models. 

The more the better!

Tabletop World are super cool.  Have lots of fun with the painting. 

• Like 2

Awesome, Also one of the familiair packs has a Bunny.

4th from the left.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/familia/sku-down/02756

Oooh thanks! I missed that one when I was looking. Oh fun!

There's nothing wrong with making stuff yourself AND buying stuff!  I do both.  I also got an order as part of my Christmas, and just finished painting the Town Well.  I'm also in the process of building two Bavarian-style houses from scratch (balsa wood, foamboard, and card).  I've got stuff from Miniature Building Authority, and cardstock models from Fat Dragon Games.  HirstArts molds and Dave Graffam Models. 

The more the better!

Tabletop World are super cool.  Have lots of fun with the painting. 

Nope, nothing wrong with making things yourself if you can do it. I can't. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I have told my husband that if we win the lottery, I am dumping a bunch of money into minis and terrain! Haha! Had a vendor at Cancon laughing who said it is usually the husbands begging the wives to let them spend more money, not the other way around!

New pictures soon. I am experimenting with the wood painting method that ub3r_n3rd posted in Painting Tips to see how that looks or if I want to just straight up paint the wood. Practicing on the inside of the roof as that will be the least visible.

• Like 5

Ok, that wood method was an epic fail. Not even worth taking pictures, it was that bad.

I am currently undercoating all of the wood that I want to look like wood with slightly watered down Reaper brown liner. It is looking good but omg this stuff drinks the liner! It is so detailed and has so many cracks and crevices it just sucks the liner in. I am going to need to order brown liner in bulk. I am going to need more anyway as I have DDS2 to paint yet as well as Bones 3 coming later this year.

I am almost finished undercoating and then will post pictures.

I have been rewatching GoT while I paint. Getting ready for season 6! So far I am up to episode 3 of season 2.

• Like 2

Ok, I basecoated everything I want to be wood with reaper brown liner. I went ahead and did the exterior as well as I am not worried about the liner rubbing off. The main area I want the liner is down in the crevices, and trust me, they are deep enough that the liner is not going to be coming off with me handling it.

My next step will be to do some dry brushing with different shades of brown on the floor, door, and window frames.

post-14071-0-65743700-1459764476_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-53505300-1459764492_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-13383400-1459764564_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-61634300-1459764581_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-35918100-1459764599_thumb.jpg

It doesn't look like much yet. I'm definitely not to that point yet but basecoating the doors and shutters got me to thinking about the fixtures. I am going to have to look at some pictures of old houses. I have seen a lot of people paint them silver but my first thought was black. Going to have to do some looking!

• Like 16