Buenos dias, greetings and salutations fellow reaperites.

I am starting a wip for various reasons. I am trying to motivate myself to complete a few more lead/bone dollies. I hope to continue updating this as I make progress. Feedback of any kind will be greatly appreciated. Even the harshest critics. But you guys are an awesome bunch.

For starters I am half way done on this Warg. Sculpted by Jason Weibe and in the bones material.

I am attempting to make the warg appear if he is prowling on a moon lit nite. The shadows are a blue paint I can not recollect off the top of my head.

25581466654_51bae651b7_o.jpg

25913343980_1b7c0a64c2_o.jpg

Up next is the hell hound. The sculptor is Ben Siens and the material is bones. I am trying to give him a battle worn appearance. To give him that appearance I have painted on faint scars. Now how to improve them and give them depth is a condrum.

25913344000_8308e52f8f_o.jpg

25913343990_e6f96937b3_o.jpg

The next one I have up to finish is a mind eater. The sculptor is Patrick Keith and another bones miniature. The mind eater is an experiment using various mediums. I am also using him to work on different forms of shading techniques.

25581466664_077a39764c_o.jpg

And here is two different kroids. Sculpted by Gene Van Horn and in pewter. The details are amazing. I am trying to figure out the right zombie color I want for the kroid sniper.

25913344020_57e98d8e18_o.jpg

25913344010_5a58905a8b_o.jpg

And finally an oop rackham figure. I really like the sculpt and had bigger plans that I had to scale way back due to reality. I originally envisoned his skulls to be painted asgalaxys and a cosmic scene in the back ground. My talent is not up to par yet.

25913344030_0ca854f3f9_o.jpg

Thank you for viewing. And yep, need to work on editing and pic taking more.

• Like 5

Good work so far!

For scars you could apply a very little bit of green stuff or other sculpting putty in a smooth/jagged/whatever shape you want line and then paint them up.

• Like 1

Looking good so far!

Just a word about WiPs, the forum rules are such that they like you to do 1 mini, or group of themed minis per Wip thread.

George

Edit---> The updated rules were clarified in another thread.  See here and here.

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      So, I chose my first Bones 4 mini to paint. To be precise, Mr. Mouse chose her, but that's neither here nor there.

I think I'm done with her face. I struggled with the eyes for a while before I noticed that the dark elves in Izzy's art have glowy eyes. Thus, she gained a simple bright eye color.

Ok I decided to blend a little more.

• By Rat13
      With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).

But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.

Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
    • By Maledrakh
      The female changed from being a Storm Giant to being a Cloud Giant between the kickstarter and the retail release of the miniature. Whatever the subtype, she still gets a case of Smurfette syndrome.

The pose of the female is a bit strange, and she does have a certain supermodel-vibe going on. Reaper has explained that the pose was meant to illustrate her bending down to talk to someone human sized, and as such it is not too bad. But taken out of context it just comes off as a bit cheesecake-ish. Reaper has acknowledged that the pose did not work as intended. The swimsuit-like corset really does not help to avoid this impression at all.
      Again, a mini with a slight case of bendyweaponitis. (which, in fact, is the proper scientific name for it). Treated with hot water then cold to straighten out the worst of it.

I based her on a 50mm round lipped base.

77162 Yephima, Female Cloud Giant (the male one did not get a proper name, I wonder why not?)
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Storm Giants subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Patrick Keith
      Bonesium PVC
      50mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Ziba the Efreeti (although I've gone for more of a giant, scary woman version) who was Marchs Bones Black promo mini.

I think I did a pretty good job with her head, the rest not so much, but I had fun painting her.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Paradoxical Mouse
      So, I did my first conversion and the Wild West of Oz bones tin man, turning him into Mr. Mouse's character Red Sash in our Eberron campaign. Base coats are done. Going to be trying to do a TMM technique for tabletop plus.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)