Buenos dias, greetings and salutations fellow reaperites.

I am starting a wip for various reasons. I am trying to motivate myself to complete a few more lead/bone dollies. I hope to continue updating this as I make progress. Feedback of any kind will be greatly appreciated. Even the harshest critics. But you guys are an awesome bunch.

For starters I am half way done on this Warg. Sculpted by Jason Weibe and in the bones material.

I am attempting to make the warg appear if he is prowling on a moon lit nite. The shadows are a blue paint I can not recollect off the top of my head.

25581466654_51bae651b7_o.jpg

25913343980_1b7c0a64c2_o.jpg

Up next is the hell hound. The sculptor is Ben Siens and the material is bones. I am trying to give him a battle worn appearance. To give him that appearance I have painted on faint scars. Now how to improve them and give them depth is a condrum.

25913344000_8308e52f8f_o.jpg

25913343990_e6f96937b3_o.jpg

The next one I have up to finish is a mind eater. The sculptor is Patrick Keith and another bones miniature. The mind eater is an experiment using various mediums. I am also using him to work on different forms of shading techniques.

25581466664_077a39764c_o.jpg

And here is two different kroids. Sculpted by Gene Van Horn and in pewter. The details are amazing. I am trying to figure out the right zombie color I want for the kroid sniper.

25913344020_57e98d8e18_o.jpg

25913344010_5a58905a8b_o.jpg

And finally an oop rackham figure. I really like the sculpt and had bigger plans that I had to scale way back due to reality. I originally envisoned his skulls to be painted asgalaxys and a cosmic scene in the back ground. My talent is not up to par yet.

25913344030_0ca854f3f9_o.jpg

Thank you for viewing. And yep, need to work on editing and pic taking more.

• Like 5

Good work so far!

For scars you could apply a very little bit of green stuff or other sculpting putty in a smooth/jagged/whatever shape you want line and then paint them up.

• Like 1

Looking good so far!

Just a word about WiPs, the forum rules are such that they like you to do 1 mini, or group of themed minis per Wip thread.

George

Edit---> The updated rules were clarified in another thread.  See here and here.

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      89012: Lem, Iconic Bard sculpted by Derek Schubert.  This guy was supposed to be a speed paint, but I got too interested in putting diamond patterns on his clothes. 

• By Geoff Davis
      14465: Durin Dwarf Pathfinder Sgt sculpted by Tom Mason.  I never would have tried this blue and bronze colour scheme of my own choice, but one of the players in my D&D game requested it, and now I like it. 

• By aku-chan
      Yet another new thread!

(At some point I really should think about starting a blog, or whatever the cool kids do these days, instead of cluttering up the forum with my stuff.)

While it's possibly a banning offence, I've gotta admit I don't particularly care for Sophie or her various minis, but this one really leapt out at me.

I may have made things extra hard for myself by fully assembling everything, but she has little, dainty feet so I was never going to be able to pin her to a cork.

Started with her skin (1:1 Rosy Skin/Beastly Brown > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Rosy Skin/Beastly Brown > 1:1:1 Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Beastly Brown), I was trying to give her a tan, but I don't think it's as simple as adding brown to the skin colour, however the colour I did end up with is rather nice.
      It's hard to see, but she also has (slightly googly) eyes, lip and eye makeup (1:1:1:2 Rosy Skin/Light Skin/Beastly Brown/Hexed Lichen) and eyebrows (Scarlett Red), I also basecoated her hair while I had the Scarlett Red out.
    • By Guindyloo
      I finished up this lovely lady last night. She was wonderfully sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I really enjoyed the details on her and she was a lot of fun to paint. 
      I always mean to paint a Halloween figure before Halloween but am usually too busy to actually manage it. I got this figure while at Reapercon though and decided it was meant to be, so I put aside a couple of other things to make time for her. 

I had a lot of technical issues with her due to my clumsiness - I dropped her THREE times which resulted in extensive repair work and having to reattach her to the pumpkin each time.  There’s no indentation or any other indication for how she’s meant to be attached to the pumpkin and assembly is not my strong suit so I struggled a bit with that part. The way I have her attached leaves her foot hanging past the base by a good bit so I’ll need to build the base up on a little bit of cork, but she looked the most correct to me this way. (She is currently still sitting on top of foam tape and the craft paint bottle that I used as a holder, I just painted them black for pictures.)

I was asked over on facebook how I painted the wings, so I’ll copy that info over here as well:
      I basecoated with MSP Black Indigo. (That’s one of this year’s Reapercon swag bag paints. I think Nightmare Black would probably be fine to use in its place.) Then I layered up using paints from Nocturna’s Imperial Purple Set. They’re Vallejo paints made for Nocturna and I highly recommend both that set and the Crimson Red set. Both sets come with little painting guides and the purple one walks you through how to do both cold purples and warm purples. I went in the warm purple direction starting from the darkest colours and layering up to the lightest. So Imperial Purple > Purple Hex > Amethyst > Witch Purple > Lipstick. 
      Then I glazed over everything with MSP Gothic Crimson which was also a LE Reapercon paint, I think from the 2016 swag bag. (I can’t think of a replacement for that off of the top of my head but it’s a wine-maroon colour.) Then in the areas that I wanted to darken, like the transitions going back into the shadows and the backs of the wings, I glazed with the Black Indigo.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)