Chaoswolf

Chaos Wolf's Conversion Clinic (pic heavy) Open topic

48 posts in this topic

Good stuff here!

2 people like this

6 hours ago, malefactus said:

Thanks, Chris. I am glad you like his sweet-not-moi expression.

No matter how you feel about their games, G.W. is a FINE source of  conversion parts. 

I'm in total agreement!  I have a few bits boxes of their stuff that I draw from regularly! 

2 people like this

So do I.:winkthumbs:

ETA---nice work on those dwarves!

Edited by Chaoswolf
3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 5 of the Box of Goodwill.

Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75140-box-of-goodwill-round-5-picturechatter-thread/

Generic Fighter---sent 19 July
      Pineapple---received 21 July,
      Shadowphaze
      Thumpernicus
      Matt Parody
      TGP
      Generic Fighter

Pcktlnt
      HDClearman
      Izzylobo
      Dr.Bedlam
      Kate
      Arc724
      Kangaroorex
      Pcktlnt

Guindyloo
      Inarah
      Knarthex
      Froggy the Great
      David Brawley
      Haldir
      Horned Turtle
      Guindyloo

Bonwirn
      MadJack
      Sylverthorne
      Hungerfan
      Keianna
      Buckyball
      Jsalyers
      Bonwirn

Rob Dean---sent 14 July
      SGHawkins09--arrived 18 July
      Dogbl
      NomadZeke
      Evil Halfling
      Klarg1
      Rob Dean

Froggy The Great
      Pingo
      Dilvish the Deliverer
      Epimys
      Broonkah
      SparrowMarie
      Morihalda
      Chaos Wolf

Chaos Wolf
      Chris Palmer
      Hiddenone32
      Talae
      Lidless Eye
      Ub3r N3rd
      Samurai Jack
      Chaos Wolf
    • By Cyradis
      I got my Stephanie Law KS pack from DSM. Its awesome. There are many more pieces to glue than in Reaper figures so I'm kinda worried about that. Anyway, onto the not so pressing but very fun matter. 

I had the honor of being the first one to get a goofed up package in the kickstarter. I got the male necromancer (arms and body), the arms of the male bard, and a second male necromancer body. DSM swiftly sent out a replacement bard, complete with a body and arms. 

Goal: The Necrobard

Now I have spare bard arms and a spare necromancer body. Dilemma: the arms are well, arms. The body needs a single arm. The socket is also not perfect due to slightly different clothing but it is darn close. The arm and the arm-hole that are needed are both at the elbow joint. 

How would you recommend taking the right hand off the lute so that the male necromancer can be holding a lute in front of him in his left hand? Thus he would become the necrobard, who would sing the dead back to life. 

• By emmagine
      We are doing a video tutorial series on how we have been painting figures.   The past couple years we have been working out a way for those who are inept (like me) and those who are adept (like Christie) to be able to paint figures fast, and well enough that they look good in person and in a photo.   We have made substantial progress incorporating and modifying techniques we have learned from others (many on these forums,  classes at reaper-con, etc.) Here is out latest video,  step two of our pre-shading process.  Feedback and questions always welcome! 

• By Chaoswolf
      Welcome to the BoGW chatter thread for round 5!

The arrival/departure thread is here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75477-box-of-goodwill-round-5-arrivaldeparture-thread-no-chatter/
      I will keep that thread updated as people post in it.

If there are any questions, hopefully you'll find the answer here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75138-box-of-goodwill-round-5-sign-up-thread-the-continuing-journey-of-sir-forescale-and-friends/
      If not, PM your box starter and/or myself.

Here are the groups:

Generic Fighter
      Pineapple
      Shadowphaze
      Thumpernicus
      Matt Parody
      TGP
      Generic Fighter

Pcktlnt
      HDClearman
      Izzylobo
      Dr.Bedlam
      Kate
      Arc724
      Kangaroorex
      Pcktlnt

Guindyloo
      Inarah
      Knarthex
      Froggy the Great
      David Brawley
      Haldir
      Horned Turtle
      Guindyloo

Bonwirn
      MadJack
      Sylverthorne
      Hungerfan
      Keianna
      Buckyball
      Jsalyers
      Bonwirn

Rob Dean
      SGHawkins09
      Dogbl
      NomadZeke
      Evil Halfling
      Klarg1
      Rob Dean

Froggy The Great
      Pingo
      Dilvish the Deliverer
      Epimys
      Broonkah
      SparrowMarie
      Morihalda
      Chaos Wolf

Chaos Wolf
      Chris Palmer
      Hiddenone32
      Talae
      Lidless Eye
      Ub3r N3rd
      Samurai Jack
      Chaos Wolf

Some of you may notice that I will be ending up with 2 boxes at the completion of this round; here's why:
      Froggy wants to transition from box starter to participant, so he is sending out the box he currently has and has been worked into a group so he can play along too. I will end up with the box that he is starting out. I may try to bring it along to Reapercon with me (if I have by then) or I may Froggcidentally combine his box with my box for the next go-round.

• By Jordan Peacock
      I'm converting some Secret Weapon Miniatures "Tablescapes" terrain tiles to have a retro post-apocalyptic look for some Fallout-themed games for Necronomicon Science Fiction Convention - Tampa, FL (2017). My primary tools are some Japanese "plastic clay" and Apoxie Sculpt two-part epoxy putty.
      (More information on the convention, in case y'all are down in Tampa, Florida in October and want to check out the game.  I'll be using a bunch of Reaper minis, too.  ;)  --> http://stonehill.org/necro.htm )

The "plastic clay" (pictured below) is pretty much the same stuff as Instant Mold in the US. It comes in ingots, and consists of a plastic with a low melting point, so I can boil a mug of water in the microwave for a couple of minutes, then dunk the plastic in the water, and it turns soft and pliable -- then, I get some pliers (mindful of the hot water!) and squash the plastic against a surface with a texture I'd like to "lift." Once it cools (a trip to the freezer can hasten this), I can peel off the plastic, and now I have a temporary press-mold -- and when I'm done, I can cut and re-melt it to use again.

Apoxie Sculpt is your basic epoxy putty (similar to Magic Sculpt, Magic Sculp {sic}, and a number of others), useful for press molds, solidifies over the course of few hours, and can be sanded down once completely hardened. It's much cheaper than "green stuff," but far inferior to the green stuff for especially fine detail (such as sculpting faces on 25-32mm scale minis).

So, my basic plan here is two-fold: for my Fallout (Savage Worlds) campaign, the unifying theme is that of a "road trip," so I want ROADS, and I need wrecked junkers along the way. There's no way I'm going to smash up this pretty O-scale truck I picked up, so instead my plan is to get impressions of the hood and grill, so I can add some '50s-ish car parts to my "Scrapyard" board, and a rusty hood and fallen road signs alongside a heavily eroded roadway through the wasteland. (I also posted photos of progress on converting Rolling Hills tiles into "wasteland eroded highway" in an album on my "wall," but I haven't figured out how to attach those here as well.)

I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just making this up as I go along. I reserve the right to back up, chip off pieces of dried epoxy putty, repaint, and try again, if it doesn't go well. The HIPS Tablescapes tiles are pretty durable, and the deep details give me good anchor points to add some putty details, but I don't want to bulk them up overly much, or add too much weight, as that defeats the purpose of having these modular lightweight terrain tiles to cart to game stores or conventions.

2017-07-07 Snapshot #1: Scrapyard Tile.  I didn't actually ACCOMPLISH anything on this particular tile this morning.  This is basically just to size up some of the stuff I'm working with.

My plan is to "Fallout-ize" this and some other Tablescapes tiles by introducing a few more "retro" elements to the details. In this case, I plan on using the Japanese "plastic clay" to make temporary texture molds off of the hood and grill of this 1:43 scale toy truck, so I can have a circa 1950s-ish truck grill amid the debris, and a hood alongside a broken road. Above is the "natural" Apoxie Sculpt (gray), which I'll be using for the faked truck parts, but I scraped the bottom of some cans of black-dyed Apoxie Sculpt for some of the next steps.  (As I said, I'm making this up as I go.)

2017-07-07 Snapshot #2: Street Crack Textures.

First, I used some plastic clay to squash down on one of my "Urban Streets (Clean)" tiles to get impressions of some clusters of cracks represented on the surface, to make some temporary texture stamps.  The board up top is what I'm working on to make the tiles usable: spray-paint to give the street a bit of color, some pumpkin orange as "rust" for grates and grills, and several passes of dribbling brushes soaked with whatever crud was at the bottom of my paintbrush cup into the gutters and cracks in the hopes of it drying up and looking like detritus left after run-off.  Later on, I may try cramming little pieces of sprue painted up as tin cans, and wads of paper to suggest trash clogging the drains.  These particular street boards I want to look "cruddy" more than "post-apocalyptic," because I may get more use out of them for modern-day games.  I haven't yet decided on what to do for street markings.  Maybe an arbitrary cross-walk somewhere, and some dotted lines, and whatever signs of weathering I can do to make it interesting, but no fallen road signs or wrecked car parts or skulls in the gutters, or anything that TOO strongly brands this as "post-apoc."

• Who's Online   38 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)