Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Yukon Cornelius, Frostgrave Treasure Hunter

Outstanding!!  I got the reference immediately.  Nice job on the conversion work!

Can't wait to see this whole band come together!

• Like 1

I knew immediately as well. Makes me really wonder about the rest of this group! Nice painting and awesome conversions!

• Like 1

Is there a place in Frostgrave for winged lions?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Is there a place in Frostgrave for winged lions?

I'm sure you could fit one in somewhere.  While I don't plan to use it for Frostgrave, I do have the figure already.  He leads the Moonracer's Marauders paratrooper unit in the Christmas themed games I frequently do at our clubs New Years Eve parties!  ::):

IMG_6583.JPG

For a battle report of one of the games, see here: 

http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2012/01/annual-hawks-new-years-eve-party.html

Animatronic movie? It's stop motion. They're not robots :)

Ah, thank you!  I couldn't think of the right word.  I knew it wasn't animation, or claymation, I just picked wrong.  :huh:  I edited it to be correct now. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 10

Nicely done

and

apparently there are still quite a few of us older folks around who have had Cornelius grace our TV screens during the festive seasons!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DocPiske
      So here are a few of the Bones weapon sprue conversions I've done.

14069 Sir Malcolm, metal figure, opaque gray hammer.

(Please forgive the chipped paint; this one has been done for a while and used in games.)

77413 Margara, Bones figure, clear red hammer.

77417 Ivar, Bones figure, clear red hammer. As a side note to anyone who is looking to paint this figure, the detail on the chain mail is very shallow.

And a Wizards of the Coast Renegade Warlock, plastic figure, clear purple staff.

All in all, easy conversions. I'm looking forward to doing some with the swords and shields.
    • By pcktlnt
      Hordes of the Auld World - Orcs and Goblins, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/hordes-of-the-auld-world-orcs-and-goblins

Dont know how to share more information while on the phone.
    • By Brianuk
      Managed to do more painting today. The assassin is by North Star. I was aiming for a lighter palette, rather than a ninja. I think I need to go back in and highlight more. 
      The knight is mainly fireforge, templar body, cloak, and scandi infantry head. The arms are from the Oathmark elves set though. 

They are just based on 25mm washers and will add some texture, foam rocks, and snow effects to both bases once grey base coat has dried. It takes ages to get a consistent coat on the washers  and that and the hole in the middle are the only downsides to using them. 

• By Rob Dean
      I’m on the road; post-Gencon, my muse is informing me that I need more troops for the Portable Fantasy Campaign. I try not to ignore her lest all inspiration leave me, so here we are so far. Most of these figures are from Accurate, with a couple of other makers mixed in. 

I brought a bunch and don’t expect to run out; we’ll see how far I get. 
    • By Chaoswolf
      Some of you are old enough to remember the old Dungeons and Dragons toy line from way back when. In that toy line, they featured an evil fighter named Warduke. He also made one appearance in the cartoon, and was given stats (more than once) for use in the pencil and paper RPG.

I have decided to make/convert a copy of him for myself.

This is who I'm talking about for those that don't know, or remember:

He got brought back for 3.0 or 3.5 edition D&D, too:

Now, that's some pretty cool artwork, and my apologies to Mr. Reynolds, but it's wrong. Warduke is LEFT handed.
      See?

Anyway, now that we all know who I'm talking about, I chose the Bones version of Goldar : http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/goldar/latest/77047 
      to use as the base for this project.

And this is what I've gotten done so far:

Hand removed for a weapon swap, left arm armor sculpted with GS, started reshaping the left boot.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)