Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Dwarves with spear and crossbow

They look great! I love the gem on the second one's belt.

I suspect if I painted them up it would be as gnomes.

• Like 2

They are definitely small enough to be gnomes in comparison to other brands, and not all of them are so bulky!

Do you prescribe to that old fashion eighties version of gnomes, with white hair and brown skin?

They are definitely small enough to be gnomes in comparison to other brands, and not all of them are so bulky!

Do you prescribe to that old fashion eighties version of gnomes, with white hair and brown skin?

Nah, I don't think I even noticed gnomes in the '80s. (Well, I did have a TSR set of bards and thieves, I think it was, with a gnome thief with amazingly weird proportions, like a huge head -- looked like an old Howard Pyle illustration.)

I wasn't particularly orthodox with my colors back then.

• Like 1

One of these crazy cats?

Yup, the top one, with his wafer-thin, actually sharpish dagger. I'm impressed yours still has his.

• Like 1

Thanks very much ! As if Partha figures themselves aren't diminutive enough, it's always nice to grab some of their height challenged fellows. They also have some really nice, cool, petite and Tolkienesque halflings that one of these days I want to get around to painting.

I did some Ral Partha bugbears not long ago, they're tiny in comparison to current scale; but... Those I wasn't afraid to tackle as they were close to the size of a 28mm scale human. ;)

I haven't gone after the ral partha dwarves or elves yet. Just don't have the skill for it, yet.

Couldn't imagine trying to get gnomes or halflings painted up to the quality you're delivering here. That's great work!

Edited by FluidFire
  • Like 1

Ooo! Very nice paintwork you've done here.

And the fact that you've done that on some classic old school minis turns the dial up to 11!

• Like 1

Those look cool, but I'm waiting for Wave 2 of the Lesser and Greater Troglodytes.

Which I want two weeks ago. Two weeks ago so that I could have ordered them and have them in my home, right now.

• Like 1

Those look cool, but I'm waiting for Wave 2 of the Lesser and Greater Troglodytes.

Which I want two weeks ago. Two weeks ago so that I could have ordered them and have them in my home, right now.

Patience is a virtue, Brother Jim, soon they will be coming. It looks like they are getting some new sculpts set up before they begin.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Auberon
      I have had some VMA Signal Red (metallic) gathering dust for quite a while, so this morning I decided to try it out.  Three hours later (including finding and shaking the paint) I have a complete test subject. I think that given the time to really work with it a person could do a decent TMM red with it.  As is, I have a tabletop ready dwarf.

• By HornedTurtle
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165626423/terror-below?ref=90d7aq&fbclid=IwAR2xtVQC9lIGiYyEd2gOSwlxkcNUOWplBWCbWYtmcEOC3h_e9HjEgoz8aZU

Terror Below is a game of government experiments gone wild in the Nevada desert.

The game has a retro look and is very reminiscent of the movie Tremors.
    • By 72moonglum
      So just finished this figure last night.  This is part of a set of four Shadowrun figures that I've been painting recently, the biggest and most time-consuming of the quartet. He didn't have lots of metal, but he's such a big figure the sword and the arm brace kind of are very obvious, so hope they turned out well.  I think they're a little too blue, but that's just the way they turned out.  Anyhoos, enjoy this little Cyclops and his murderous ways!

• By Loim
      I started this conversion a loooong time ago for a friend who needed a dorf with an axe, and I did not at the time have a dorf with an axe. I was never quite happy with it, and the game died quickly. I forgot all about this little guy until recently, and I decided to finish him, and queue him up for the paints. I initially started with a clay weapon sculpt, but while I was fiddling with it it broke. In a fit of rage I cut a piece of aluminum stock and after a few hours of shaping we got here. I did a bit more shaping after this photo, and I plan on doing a bit of Apoxie Sculpt to blend in where the old weapon was cut away. For the surgery I used a #11 Scalpel. All the shaping was done with a #8 Double Cut Mill Bastard and diamond files. 

• By Lidless Eye
      Another awesome themed 3D print file set is up on Kickstarter, "Titans of Legend"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1426243056/titans-of-legend?ref=user_menu

Even dating to before recorded history, some of the greatest heroes and villains of myth and legend have been titanic in size. Giants, titans, and others strode the mythic landscapes, the earth quaking at their steps. Now you will be able to use your 3D printer to create 32mm scale figures of these legends, and include them in your Dungeons and Dragons campaign!
      Reaching forth from Greece, France, Denmark, Cornwall, and the Basque region, these giants each include additional accessories, as well as a PDF file that includes their basic story, a statistics block for Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons, how to run them in a typical game, and potential adventure hooks to blend them into your campaign! In addition, each of the giants includes a pre-hollowed version for resin prints, and even pre-chopped, multipart versions (hollowed and not) for smaller 3D printers. Most of them can even be used as generic giants, to use how you want in your own campaign!
      CONTENTS
      The following are the five giants, and their accessories, included as planned in the set. The Core Package includes Cormoran, Ferragut, and Grendel, while the Full Package includes all five:
      ARGUS
      Argus Panoptes is a giant of Greek myth, a cowherd that served Hera with his very life. Included with him are  a generic Storm Giant based on him (with helmet and spear), and his beloved Dire Buffalo.
      BASAJAUN
      From the Basque region of France and Spain comes the Basajaun. Moderately friendly, and creators of the various henges and standing stones, they could also be used to represent various "furry" humanoids, such as yeti. They include two Basajaun, a singe henge, double henge, freestanding menhir, and an altar stone.
      CORMORAN
      Hailing from Cornwall, the cannibalistic and miserly Cormoran just might be immortal somehow. He includes files for two different casualties, and a ruined tavern wall.
      FERRAGUT
      A literary giant, pun intended, the epic "Horn of Roland" includes the mighty paladin Roland's duel with the Saracen giant, Ferragut. With Ferragut comes files to print basic Saracen soldiers, as well as the mighty Roland, himself!
      GRENDEL
      Though never fully given a physical description in the epic poem, Beowulf, the monster Grendel is, here, represented as part troll, and part giant. Whether used to represent Grendel himself, or shrunken down slightly and used as a troll, he includes the table and benches from the mead hall, Heorot, as well as his utterly epic foe, Beowulf.

I really like that they're all themed encounters with monsters, heroes, and some terrain.  They remind me of the "GameMastery Encounter" packs that Paizo used to make.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 161 Guests (See full list)