Sign in to follow this  
AnneO'Leary

Reaper/Counterblast Landing Party (Picture Heavy)

Awesome work, Anne!

I just always love your style, it's distinctive and very clean. Great job!

Great paint jobs! Love the colors, especially the yellows!

Also, I now have an urge to play some Star Frontiers.

• Like 1

Are you coming down to ReaperCon in October Anne? I would like to see those in the competition!

• Like 1

Part of getting back into painting after such a long absence involved painting figures that I found to be pure fun.

Good for you; I can't imagine a better reason to paint than for the sheer joy of it all; AND it shows. The Sci Fi Crew are BEAUTIFULLY painted, based, & boasting a FINE choice of colors. VERY WELL DONE once more!

WELCOME BACK...you have been missed, My Dear!

• Like 1

Simply Stunning Dear Anne, Just Stunning.

Beautiful, clean, fresh, and inspired.

Love when you show us one of your works.

Thanks for coming home !

• Like 1

Anne! You're back!

Lovely work as always. I love the yellows. You really nailed that often difficult color.

It's great to be back Mierot!  

Are you coming down to ReaperCon in October Anne? I would like to see those in the competition!

I've pretty much accepted that I'll never be able to travel.  Although my husband is still able to walk, the use of his left leg is nearly gone.  I don't even go out to the yard without having my phone on me just in case something happens.  It's okay though, I'm quite happy painting away and just sharing on the internet.

Part of getting back into painting after such a long absence involved painting figures that I found to be pure fun.

Good for you; I can't imagine a better reason to paint than for the sheer joy of it all; AND it shows. The Sci Fi Crew are BEAUTIFULLY painted, based, & boasting a FINE choice of colors. VERY WELL DONE once more!

WELCOME BACK...you have been missed, My Dear!

Thank you luv!  It seemed like a good idea to work on figures by a sculptor whose figures I've painted a lot of.  I paint more of Patrick's and Kev Whites sculpts more than any other sculptor.  

Simply Stunning Dear Anne, Just Stunning.

Beautiful, clean, fresh, and inspired.

Love when you show us one of your works.

Thanks for coming home !

This forum is my home forum.  I do lurk at other places, but I never comment.  I just don't feel comfortable anywhere else as we've the nicest bunch of folks around.

• Like 2

It's nice to see back again! And what a wonderful re-introduction; your figures look fantastic!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guindyloo
      So this guy was a relatively quick paint job - I worked on him over a couple of nights in between other figures and while things were drying. 
      I had originally basecoated him a couple of months back when I decided that I was absolutely going to paint something using Breast Cancer Awareness Pink, as I have something like 8 bottles of it at this point. This was the figure that I pulled out of my Bones drawer. I’d basecoated him and then he made his way to the Shelf of Shame unfortunately. 
      I saw him sitting up there and decided I would just have fun with it. 
      The lemures do come 2 to the pack and are in 2 different poses, but this one is the only one I have painted thus far. 

I hope y’all find him as fun as I do! 
    • By Guindyloo
      Hello fine people (and other assorted things) of the Reaper forum!

Continuing in our project of teaming up to show you two different methods to go about painting the same miniature, Buglips and I decided that we would do a WIP thread for Con Crud, Convention Zombie from the 2017 Reapercon swag bag! He's a great little figure, sculpted by Gene Van Horne, that we thought we could have some fun with.

This will be our second shared WIP thread in this series of ours, in case you missed it, check out our first one where we painted Thanis the Bonecaller:

As with that one, I will be covering my usual method of painting for display, and Buglips will be approaching the figure with his own usual "fast-but-decent method." As with the last one, Buglips' method will be much faster than mine will be and you'll get to see where our two styles diverge. We will be sharing our own issues, thoughts and methods with you in the hopes that someone will find such things useful.

So on to the mini!
      Here's my Con Crud, fresh out of his blister:

I prepped him in my usual way, with some diamond files to grind off the mold lines and bit of flash that you can see on his outstretched foot and hand. He has some notable mold lines through his hair and back and down the left (his left) side of his face. I'll show you throughout the process how I'll tackle those.

So here he is after I primed him with Reaper's Brush-On Primer in white, thinned down with some water. As usual, I only did one thin coat so as not to obscure the details on him and I took a couple of additional shots from different angles so you can see some of the mold lines that I'll need to work on a little more down the road.

• By Guindyloo
      This little lady has been kicking around my desk for a while. She’s a really fun little figure and I’d been putting paint on her here and there and I finished her up tonight. 

• By Maglok
      A friend of mine needs a painted Planetar miniature for a gaming session. I have been wanting to paint this Deva miniature. So he is fine with using a Deva as a Planetar. Figured I'd do a little WIP log, I want her to look good so I probably have time to post updates.

So first of all before I started tonight:

After some painting

I am going for a darker skintone, want to try that. The skirt is only blocked out, I am thinking of going with a green/yellow-ish glow effect on it. This is a angel afterall.
    • By Chris Palmer
      I got the Reindeer during last year's 12 Days of Reaper and I looked in the Special Edition figure listing and couldn't find it listed, so don't have a stock number.   I recently finished it after several months of sitting on my painting table, half finished.  I also painted up the Copplestone Lovely Assistant figure this past week, as I've started queuing up some of my Christmas themed figures for some seasonal painting projects the next couple months. 

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)