16 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi, i am a slow painter, so even if i started some time ago, i am just paiting my first full body armor miniature (seelah paladin on bones). I bought several Reaper metallics and some also came with the learn to paint kit i bought too, and ALL of them have issues. First they tend to dry too fast even on wet pallete, also i stirred them with a drink stirrer, but still paiting with them is a pain , specially compared to the P3 metallics, which i bought some time ago as i heard very good things about them. Well my question is this, is it normal that the RP metallics have this bad coverage, and issues like drying too fast and horrible brushtrokes (i try to dilute them, but as always, water is an enemy of metallics , also try to spread small quantities of undiluted paint, also dont work), or its just a very bad batch?
If so , how can i save them? They work, its just that they work bad IMO. If its not possible for me to save them, do you know if i can ask preplacements from Reaper? I wrote them some weeks ago but nobody answered me. This issue buggers me as i live in Bolivia south america, here Reaper is not available anywhere, i made my part importing them to my country, and they dont work so i am a sad panda :(
Hi Here's a couple of my recent mini's. Both of them are them are metal.
I modified Eando to have a Halberd, which I made using weapons from the Crusaders weapons pack.
I used a hobby knife to cut his hand away from his thigh, then used epoxy to try to recreate part of his hand.
I added a gladius style sword to the Valkyrie, i added it to be back side because I didn't want it interfering with the shield hand,
But in retrospect I think I could have added it to her left hip instead.Unfortunately I took the 3rd pic later, and it suffers from poor lighting.
I tried to shade both these mini's to have opposing light and dark edges on their weapons, which is kind of visible in the pictures.
So I started working on this guy back in March, he was just basecoated with the pattern established (which was based on Rhonda Bender's beautiful example.) This afternoon I decided to pull him off of the Shelf of Shame and finish him up.
I should've gone a size up on the base. And as usual, my pictures are terrible but I'm tired.
C&C always very welcome.
Who's Online 24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)