• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Boaz
      Before I moved I was working on a RPG campaign concept that I have not been able to get off the ground since I moved so thought I'd kick the idea around here in the off chance it might start a fire with someone else ...

So the game starts in an alternate reality with the gaming group stating them selves out as starting players, not 100% accurate but an alternate reality version of himself that fits into a starting player profile for whatever game system you like to use ...

Once stated out the players will get together for game night,  in the alternate reality version of where your group gets to get her to play ... you get the idea, your playing a alternate reality version of you, but this alternate reality gets interrupted by an mini zombie apocalypse, a freak storm and weird lightning bolts that turn people into zombies ...

Being game nerds your group react accordingly and start putting down the zombies and figuring out what's going on ... a great opportunity to have some fun with the local peeps ... the players lern that the trouble is ruminating from a mysterious tower that appeared out of nowhere at a local golf course / sports field / etc large open spot ... the players gear up and do what players do, poke their nose in to fine a much queen rounding up zombie slaves to take back home with her ... 

Only once the players take the evil much queen out do they discover her life sustained the tower in this plain, at the moment she died the tower and all inside return to her plane of origin ... the fantasy world of ... 

The players and whatever firepower they have ammased now find themselves in a new world full of new challenges ... filled with your favorite minis of course ... they will have to find and ally with some locals to eat/learn to survive in their strange new world ...

As the year rolls round one customer seems to stand out more and more, the clan / tribe / town your players allied with are obsessed with collecting the skulls of their enimie race works/ lizard folk / whatever you have handy ... they must collect s quota for their gods before they return and time is running out ... the players must prove their worth and bag some skulls soon.

On the appointed time they come ... your allies see their gods descending in a chariot of fire ... your group see a drop ship with a party of powered armored warriors here to collect a pile of skulls and thank the locals for keeping the hostile race numbers down with a few thank you trinkets.

The warriors from space are sure to see you are different and take you with them to the stars ... and so begins the 3rd phasebofbthe game, space, the next frontier...

Start with zombie apocalypse,  take you time ...
       Shift to fantasy (magic = psychics) take more time ...
       Shift to science fiction with alien vertions of the fantasy world ... all agreed to a wager over the planet,  most skulls wins or something like that but limited to primitive tech only ... on the planet ... some argue the players are cgeaterd but thay have seen things wail on the planet that exsposes others as cheats ... thing go from bad to worse ... in just the way a GM can get some mileage out of ... 
    • By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard sculpted by Bobby Jackson.  Continuing on with practicing OSL.  I started by undershading with dark brown and purple and highlighted up to linen white on his body and base.  I did the same thing but with black and greys on his staff.

I then added the blue for his robe, using two sets of blues.  One set has no light effect colour added.  The other set has the yellow added.  I did the shading and highlighting on the dark side with the blues that didn't have the yellow added.  I used the set with the yellow added anywhere that I thought the light was going to hit, using the undershading as a guide as to where that would be.  The yellow I mixed with the blue is also used on the orb.

Then I added the other colours (particularly the staff and the fleshtones) using the same approach of mixing up two sets of the colours to use side by side.

Overall I'm pleased with the way it's turning out.  A few of the values seem out of balance though.  Particularly parts of the staff compared to the adjacent areas on his robe.  Some of the flesh tones that are further away from the orb need to be darker still.  The part of the staff directly below the orb seems too bright overall, especially right beneath the orb.  Still a work in progress.

• By Nightwing
      I’ve been working on this guy for months, off and on. Finally pushed him through to completion last night. I hope you like him. 

• By cassault
      These are the first figures I painted after lurking around here for a few months. Think they came out well.

• By Geoff Davis
      02476: Lorna The Huntress sculpted by Bobby Jackson.  This is the P65 version.  A bit of a speedpaint in order to try out a different tartan colour scheme.  This one is based upon the Robertson Hunting Tartan.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)