• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guindyloo
      I finished up this lovely lady last night. She was wonderfully sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I really enjoyed the details on her and she was a lot of fun to paint. 
      I always mean to paint a Halloween figure before Halloween but am usually too busy to actually manage it. I got this figure while at Reapercon though and decided it was meant to be, so I put aside a couple of other things to make time for her. 

I had a lot of technical issues with her due to my clumsiness - I dropped her THREE times which resulted in extensive repair work and having to reattach her to the pumpkin each time.  There’s no indentation or any other indication for how she’s meant to be attached to the pumpkin and assembly is not my strong suit so I struggled a bit with that part. The way I have her attached leaves her foot hanging past the base by a good bit so I’ll need to build the base up on a little bit of cork, but she looked the most correct to me this way. (She is currently still sitting on top of foam tape and the craft paint bottle that I used as a holder, I just painted them black for pictures.)

I was asked over on facebook how I painted the wings, so I’ll copy that info over here as well:
      I basecoated with MSP Black Indigo. (That’s one of this year’s Reapercon swag bag paints. I think Nightmare Black would probably be fine to use in its place.) Then I layered up using paints from Nocturna’s Imperial Purple Set. They’re Vallejo paints made for Nocturna and I highly recommend both that set and the Crimson Red set. Both sets come with little painting guides and the purple one walks you through how to do both cold purples and warm purples. I went in the warm purple direction starting from the darkest colours and layering up to the lightest. So Imperial Purple > Purple Hex > Amethyst > Witch Purple > Lipstick. 
      Then I glazed over everything with MSP Gothic Crimson which was also a LE Reapercon paint, I think from the 2016 swag bag. (I can’t think of a replacement for that off of the top of my head but it’s a wine-maroon colour.) Then in the areas that I wanted to darken, like the transitions going back into the shadows and the backs of the wings, I glazed with the Black Indigo.

• By pinkymadigan
      Right, I hemmed and hawed over the best way to show these off, and sadly, ultimately decided on linking to an external album, rather than uploading 70 some odd photos to Reaper's servers. I've shown off several of these minis/units before over time, but I just got a new phone with a way nicer camera and I thought it would be nice to get the whole thing documented. I'm nowhere near done, I have always enjoyed painting the Undead and will likely continue to add to it forever, but here it is in it's current state. It's based for Kings of War, includes tons of Reaper, Mantic, GW, and a few other manufacturer's in small quantities as well. 

Enough talk, here's the album:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/CrTmoTDLmJte6agt9

And here's a sample excerpt:

It's about 5 years +/- in the making but includes some minis from my previous war gaming days as well, I think all were repainted though. 

EDIT: Apologies, some of the models are dustier than I realized. Next time I get shots I'll dust first. There's even a small cobweb on one, but that kinda looks awesome. The dust not so much.

Thanks for looking!
    • By dmpv01
      From ReaperCon swag. I'm still working on my NMM skill.

• By Rigel
      Black Cat Bases has a "Mr. Big" in their civilians/townsfolk line, and I thought he'd do fine as John Barlow, businessman, impresario, patron of the arts, and nightclub owner. Our investigative journalist in the peach dress, and the newsy hanging about, are again from Murch's Pulp News Hounds. The young flapper in the peacock ensemble is from Eureka. She was actually one of the first minis I tried freehanding!

You can tell Mr. Barlow's patience with Miss Imelda's questions (regarding how, exactly, his new venture is being funded) is running short. 

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)