• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Julie Guthrie knows how to sculpt 'em! I love the twisted locks of hair on this lady, who meets the decency standards of the forum by fractions of a millimeter.

And while we're on a kick of well-built tropical adventurers with a healthy disdain for pants, here's Todd Harris's Jaatu. An excellent sculpt in the grand Imaro fashion, with dragon/crocodile armor and an axe that you KNOW does more than just hack at things. Axes with faces are not to be trifled with. 

Both of these are perfect for the Chultan-set Tomb of Annihiliation,  which I'm running currently. 
    • By Rigel
      An elaborate sculpt, overflowing with detail in the Pathfinder fashion. (I swear, at least one of their artists must have a Thing for buckles and straps). Jigeke here has an excellent mask and a very long spear, a diverse collection of severed hands and paws, and a patchwork kilt of many kinds of hide. I know there's zebra and giraffe in there, and leopard as well. 

It's Robert E. Howard's birthday today, and without him we probably wouldn't have the Barbarian class as a thing (see: Conan the), or Serpent-folk as insidious infiltrators (see: Kull), or puritan monster-hunters (see: Solomon Kane) as pulp/fantasy tropes. So it seems good to commemorate him with a guy who could be a good stand-in for N'Longa, Kane's sorcerous blood-brother and recurring ally. 

• By Rigel
      I gave the third rifleman to a friend, so there won't be another post on this coming. 
      Today is the 140th anniversary of both Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift, so this seemed pretty apropos.

Regimental colors are not the best camouflage.

• By Echoside_
      So my girl ( @Zanderina) and I got into this wonderful hobby together, and we've developed a few tricks and styles our own.  Well yesterday I was told my style is very dark and 'Earthy'.  No offense taken, but it hit me I do need to extend my color pallet choices.  This lead to a small challenge between us, as we're apparently very competitive with each other.  We'd pick out our model to be done next, and the other person would pick the paints to use.

My model choice was Hosilla (#60172), and received the following Reaper paints to use:
      Dragon Red (9401), Cats Eye Green (9414), Bleached Linen (9436), Punk Rock Pink (9286), Leather White (9062), Honed Steel (9053), Ginger Cookie (9659), Cursed Gold (9464), Kobold Scale (9458), Golden Blonde (9033), Tusk Ivory (29825), & Black Indigo (9603)

Her choice of model was the Arcanamirim Wizard (#60135), and I gave her the following paints:
      Old Bronze (9197), Dungeon Slime (9415), Solid White (29842), Chestnut Brown (9071), Sunrise Orange (9406), Wilderness Green (9411), Stark Naked (9682), Harvert Brown (9200), Goblin Skin (9457), Ashen Blue (9057), & Khaki Highlight (9123)

Over the next couple weeks we will be posting up the WiP pics and hope to get feedback as we go.  Let the fun begin!!
    • By Rigel
      "Mbuyu, do the English drink rocks? I do not know what is in this barrel, but it surely cannot be water!"

"Ha, Patrice, who knows what they choose to bring? I think this package is nothing but shoes that will get swallowed by mud as soon as the English puts them on, and fine shirts to be torn by thorns."

"I would feel easier in this if it were not the errand of one touched by madness. It is bad fortune to hunt here; Nzembo says this place is haunted by--"

"Nzembo will say anything when he is full of palm wine. The English wants to hunt gorillas on the mountain where no one has ever come back with a dead gorilla, and he is paying us up-front." 

"Paying us to kill ourselves under the weight of his baggage, more like! How can you be smiling, Mbuyu?"

"Because, Patrice, I think our contract of employment may be terminated early. Walk quietly..."

"Quiet your deuced racket, you two! ! I know there's one of those infernal apes around here...can smell the brute." 

"Be the toast of the Explorer's Club when I come back with an ape big as a man. Bigger!  *That* will show Lord Bleicester! Shut him right up!"

"You two dashed imbeciles, can't you tread quietly back there? Crashing about like an elephant, you'll scare the game away!" 

• Who's Online   31 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)