Jasper_the_2nd

Oathsworn Baragor Baldursson, Dwarf Wizard?

He's excellent! Really nice job on the beard. Great little background story for him too.

• Like 1

Very Nice!

You need to get him a wand of some sort shaped like an axe!

Foes come charging in, expecting melee, and bzzzt, lightning bolt!

• Like 1

Great job on this guy! and I like the idea of making him a wizard too... he's definitely got a look that works for that.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      I'd planned to get started on these a bit ago, but got distracted by other bright shiny objects...
      Forged in Battle (West Wind Production's historic line) are currently doing their third Kickstarter for their War and Empire line of ancients with a little over a week left.  I figured it was time to get started on some of mine from their first Kickstarter for that line, from a couple of years ago.  I don't really know what I'm doing with these , and my knowledge of history from the era is primarily from the Iron Maiden song about Alexander, so I'm going to have to do some googling and ask some questions (apparently base sizes and number of figs per base are of some importance....).
      So to start off, I opened my box from KS1 and grabbed a pack, making sure it wasn't cavalry or camelry or chariots or elephants or anything super cool, since I'll save those for after I know what I'm doing a bit.
      The pack I grabbed were WE-RP02, Roman Velites, from the Punic Wars.  Now in the Kickstarter I picked a couple of stater armies that they had pre-defined.  Apparently these guys are from one of those.  I'll have to track down which ones I picked sometime soon I suppose.  I've got a spreadsheet somewhere.....

Anyway, I dumped them all out a sorted them by pose.  Looks like there are 4 standard poses, plus a command and a standard bearer.  I cleaned them up and got to here:

Looks like I got 6 of 3 of the poses, 7 of the other, 2 commanders, a standard bearer, and an extra shield and banner. That adds up to more than 24 figs, which is apparently common with these packs.
      So, I "think" I need 1 commander and 1 standard bearer, and presumably 22 other guys.  And I "think" they go 4 figures on a 40mmx20mm base.  But I need to check on all that.

And I need to figure out what I'm going to stick them too for painting....

• By Chaoswolf
      Another Bones 1 figure; painted to a tabletop level. Let me know what you think.
      Thanks for looking!

• By Chaoswolf
      Bones1 rat swarm, done in a couple hours to kill time while my main project was drying.
      Tabletop level.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Since I don't have enough projects on the go, I decided to start another one.  When the Bones III Kickstarter came around I really liked the Blackstar Corsairs, so much I ordered two sets.
      When the giant box o' Bones arrived I was surprised to see them on their sprues still and in pieces. Not a problem, it just meant I couldn't play with them, err, inspect them when I was sorting my figs.  So they all went in a Ziploc.
      Today while pondering which project to work on I noticed them (they were hiding behind another project I have't even started a WIP on yet....).
      And tonight while pondering how the Olympics ruin TV for everyone, even when it is night where the Olympics are being held, I decided to go take a look at them.

I found it interesting that all 5 come with the same "accessory" sprue, which contains a bayonet, a belt of grenades?, the visor, a sheathed knife and a gun with right hand.
      But 80076 and 80080 come with the same gun on their parts sprue as well.  So you end up with a couple extra guns.
      Each guy comes in 4 parts btw, lower torso, upper torso and each arm.  My plan is to do the first 5 as designed, then do some mods on the other 5.  May need to look for some weapons to swap.

At this point these guys are just clipped and friction fitted.  I'll get them cleaned up and glued together sometime soon.  The middle 3 will likely need the right arm and weapon left off until after painting the body.
      Not sure if I'll use all of the accessories on all of them or not.

I'm very happy with these guys, glad I got 2 sets.  They will likely play a role in my Savage Rifts campaign at some point.  And maybe the IMEF have a new enemy to battle....

• Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)