Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

251 posts in this topic

Hi,

Any recommendation for an app that can track which paints you own?

Edited by Archangelrey

I use an OpenOffice Spreadsheet. 

One page for the paints, primers, washes, varnishes and so on (brand, sku, bottle size, type, base color, color name)

I have the 'base color' so that if I want to find say, blues, I can sort on that. 

Second page is my wishlist, with comments on why I want those colours, and the third page is comments and notes about usage that I've picked up here and there.(Not much on page 3 yet... )

Whenever I buy a paint in the wishlist, I cut and paste the entry from page 2 to page 1, and add a yellow background color to mark it as 'not yet here'.

1 person likes this

I use the PaintRack app but I believe it is only available on Android. It has swatches from most paint lines and you just select the ones that you have. It also has a feature that allows you to scan the bar code on the paint to automatically add it, but I have not been able to get it to work.

4 people like this

I use the PaintRack app but I believe it is only available on Android. It has swatches from most paint lines and you just select the ones that you have. It also has a feature that allows you to scan the bar code on the paint to automatically add it, but I have not been able to get it to work.

This. But the barcode scan worked for 99.5% of my paints.

1 person likes this

I found one called Paint Pot. Can't tell if it is usable for any line of paints or if it is solely dedicated to GeeDub (Citadel) paints.

Wow, that Android PaintRack app is amazing!

I really like it to track what I have, store "sets" to remember what I'm painting at the moment, and to compile my purchase wishlist when I am abroad and cannot pull up a spreadsheet in my mobile (bothersome, no data access, etc).

However, I really need to pester the creator about adding more SC75 paints... my collection is not complete there!!

2 people like this

I just hate relying on any solution where you need the creator to add in new items to inventory.  My Google spreadsheet does the job well and is available on all my devices.

4 people like this

Thanks everyone, PaintRack seem the way I'm going. Also the creator is very reachable and he answered my questions within a couple hours.

Jeff from PaintRack just told me we will push an update shortly with the missing Scalecolor paints and the Fantasy&Games range as well.

Also, that consideration is being given to the ability to include custom references.

Awesome news IMHO.

4 people like this

Jeff from PaintRack just told me we will push an update shortly with the missing Scalecolor paints and the Fantasy&Games range as well.

Also, that consideration is being given to the ability to include custom references.

Awesome news IMHO.

Is there any chance he is going to produce an apple one?????!??!?!?! 

Awesome news IMHO.

Apple Ones are really hard to find. You might do better with an Apple II.

:B):

Edited by Doug Sundseth
6 people like this

Awesome news IMHO.

Apple One's are really hard to find. You might do better with an Apple II.

:B):

LOL. YOu got me! :P

1 person likes this