Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

First off...great App.  I literally registered to the Reaper Forum just to discuss the App.

Has anyone figured out a good way to share data with someone else?  The outcome I'm looking for is when my wife goes to the store, she can see the paint I have and not duplicate a purchase.  I was hoping the Google Docs would do it but have since learned that is backup data only.  I'm debating taking multiple screen shots of my Reaper Paint inventory but am hoping someone has found a better way.

I'd be willing to pay the $3 for another license...but I don't want her to have "her own" that is separate from mine.  I'd like a "family" functionality since we share paint.

Thanks.

Mmm... perhaps (if not possible to "share data") kind of a "Wish List" export feature that allows us to email somebody our current wishlist for paints? A list with Manufacturer, Name and SKU for example?

Yes, it would not be an automated update into another person, but useful to let other people know what you want or are missing, which I think is what you are suggesting.

@CourageousOctopus are you going to remove the 0 from the front of the Christmas paints so they sort with the other special edition paints instead of the beginning of the list?

Also, what do you need from me to add the three on the left?

20170614_171501.jpg

• Like 1

This is pretty great! I just started putting my paints into my library on here. 

Reaper MSP Brush On Primer (white) does appear to be missing. Still, holy guacomole this is a handy app!

Thanks CourageousOctopus (excellent internet name btw)

And Purple Wash barcode scans to Ginger Cookie. (I am hoping this is useful instead of annoying notes)

Edited by Cyradis

Just now, Cyradis said:

Reaper MSP Brush On Primer (white) does appear to be missing. Still, holy guacomole this is a handy app!

Primers and varnishes are not in the app.

It is pretty great to catalogue the paints and avoid double or triple buying. I have tried to get used to saving sets too but with little success so far... but I neither keep a log so perhaps it is me (it most surely is me).

• Like 1

The black primer is in there, as is gray, but not the white. 

Definitely useful for keeping track of inventory. 

10 hours ago, GreenMan2814 said:

First off...great App.  I literally registered to the Reaper Forum just to discuss the App.

Has anyone figured out a good way to share data with someone else?  The outcome I'm looking for is when my wife goes to the store, she can see the paint I have and not duplicate a purchase.  I was hoping the Google Docs would do it but have since learned that is backup data only.  I'm debating taking multiple screen shots of my Reaper Paint inventory but am hoping someone has found a better way.

I'd be willing to pay the $3 for another license...but I don't want her to have "her own" that is separate from mine.  I'd like a "family" functionality since we share paint.

Thanks.

Currently we don't have a way to do that across Google accounts. If you want to log in on her phone with your account you could export/import via Google Drive (but this will wipe all data on the phone).

3 hours ago, Rahz said:

I'm still skulking around hoping for an i-version...  :ph34r:

We hope to have one eventually.

2 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

@CourageousOctopus are you going to remove the 0 from the front of the Christmas paints so they sort with the other special edition paints instead of the beginning of the list?

Also, what do you need from me to add the three on the left?

20170614_171501.jpg

Can you please email me at jeff at courageousoctopus.com with pictures of the front and back of each bottle (barcode) and a picture some paint samples on a white sheet? Been trying to track those down for months! Also, I'll probably add zero to the other one so they're all the same.

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

And Purple Wash barcode scans to Ginger Cookie. (I am hoping this is useful instead of annoying notes)

Actually, Purple Wash and Ginger Cookie have the same barcode! Ginger Cookie is the newer one so it wins out.

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

The black primer is in there, as is gray, but not the white. 

Definitely useful for keeping track of inventory. 

We have intermittently added Primers. Send me the front and back photos (including barcode) to the above email address and we'll get it in the next update.

Edited by CourageousOctopus
  • Like 4

Thanks for the fast response! I don't see the above email though. Got photos ready to go for you. Very funny on the Ginger Cookie and the Purple Wash. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CourageousOctopus said:

Can you please email me at jeff at courageousoctopus.com with pictures of the front and back of each bottle (barcode) and a picture some paint samples on a white sheet? Been trying to track those down for months! Also, I'll probably add zero to the other one so they're all the same.

I think this is also the first time I'm seeing the actual colour of the Prom Night pink, Morning After Blues and Stark Naked. Now I want them!

Never realized some of them were HD paints too.

20 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Thanks for the fast response! I don't see the above email though. Got photos ready to go for you. Very funny on the Ginger Cookie and the Purple Wash. 

jeff at courageousoctopus.com

replace the at with @ and remove spaces.  keeps the bots from spamming that address...in theory. :)

• Like 1

Amazing app!!  Scanned nearly all my paints in last night.  

I found I have quite a few doubles... I have 4x Yellowed Bone ...oops!  Hopefully this app will prevent that!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NecroMancer said:

Amazing app!!  Scanned nearly all my paints in last night.  

I found I have quite a few doubles... I have 4x Yellowed Bone ...oops!  Hopefully this app will prevent that!

Haha, the original plan was to make an app would prevent this, so hopefully it accomplished this for you going forward.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, CourageousOctopus said:

Haha, the original plan was to make an app would prevent this, so hopefully it accomplished this for you going forward.

Honestly the most useful app I have used.  Especially the scanning feature!  

Part of the reason I ended up with so many was that I didn't realize that Ivory was changed to Yellowed Bone (or vise versa), so I ordered Ivory but already had the Yellowed Bone but on the app it is listed as Yellowed Bone/Ivory!  That's so cool you did that!  It will ease a lot of confusion.

It will help when I go to buy a new paint, I can just scan the bar code and see if I already have it.  Or add it to the wish list.

Honestly can't say enough great things!!

Anyone who doesn't have it... GET IT!

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 3