Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

I don't have a smart phone or tablet. I know I'm outdated but I do all my internet/computer stuff on the computer. Really wanted to try this out as I'm in a major paint organising mood right now. I found an android emulator last night and got the app installed on my laptop now. Seems to work but I need a little time to figure out how to use the emulator and then the app. Looks great but I gotta go to work instead of playing with it. ::(:

I wonder if there is an Android emulator for iPhone...thinking of all the peeps that wish this app was available for the iThings™ ecosystem. 

Ok, I had a bit of time to play with paintrack. I can't seem to make the scan work but that's not a huge deal for me. I started plugging in paints I have. Search function works good. Love the color tools options. A big part of why I bought this was to cross reference across several brands of paint. I have one problem I hope somebody can help with. Originally the order for Reaper was by the numbers. I'm manually inputting what paints I'm getting soon from a list. I was fooling around trying the different sort by options. Now I can't get back to the original form and it makes it a lot more work to enter the paints. The paints I own under Reaper are still in order but not the total selection. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zink said:

Ok, I had a bit of time to play with paintrack. I can't seem to make the scan work but that's not a huge deal for me. I started plugging in paints I have. Search function works good. Love the color tools options. A big part of why I bought this was to cross reference across several brands of paint. I have one problem I hope somebody can help with. Originally the order for Reaper was by the numbers. I'm manually inputting what paints I'm getting soon from a list. I was fooling around trying the different sort by options. Now I can't get back to the original form and it makes it a lot more work to enter the paints. The paints I own under Reaper are still in order but not the total selection. Any suggestions?

Ah, you have found a bit of a bug apparently. Actually, I think what is happening is the initial sort is just the order they were added to the DB, then when you sort by SKU is gets messed up because a bunch of the Reaper paints are missing the starting 0. We'll fix both of those in the next update.

• Like 5

Always something to keep tinkering with isn't there? If I'd known I wouldn't have played with the various sorting options until after I finished inputting my list. Not a big deal and I'm glad you're working on it. By you telling me exactly what the problem was I realised that most of the list is the same order as it originally was. I just need to ignore the first 4 rows unless I hit a paint that's in there. Younger son offered me his tablet to use to try scanning so that could speed up the process too. Overall it's well worth the $4 cad I spent on the app.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Zink said:

I originally hit this problem a little while after I first downloaded it.

Luckily, I hadn't saved anything important or unlocked the full version at that time.  I just uninstalled it, and re-installed.  I wouldn't try it now, but for anyone that hasn't unlocked the full version, that might be an option.

One thing that thought might be handy would be a Chrome version so that I could run it from the laptop as well as the tablet.  Naturally, not being a programmer, I have no idea how much work that would be so it must be simple!  Right? ::D:

• Like 2

I would love a way to say scan another after I get a pain entered.  Instead I was needing to back and hit scan icon.  Sometimes I hit the wrong one in my haste and it just took up that much more time.

I got quite a bit added to the app in my new phone.  Now I am exporting as soon as I have done a case full.  I do not want to go through this a third a time. :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

I would love a way to say scan another after I get a pain entered.  Instead I was needing to back and hit scan icon.  Sometimes I hit the wrong one in my haste and it just took up that much more time.

I got quite a bit added to the app in my new phone.  Now I am exporting as soon as I have done a case full.  I do not want to go through this a third a time. :)

The Rapid Scan option in the Menu is just for that, batch scanning of paints... have you tried it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Wait...what?!  ::loading up app::

2 hrs later... did you find it? Are you batch scanning 20 paints? :)

Yeah I looked for it over lunch break and saw it. Never noticed it in the menu even though I clicked on most of those options over there. Thanks.  Will use it for the last 20 paints I have left. :)

Got my daughters LTPK1 case that is nearly full and then her holiday color case that has just the 10 and my 2 LTPK cases.  Then I think we are done...unless I am forgetting some in another case but I don't think so.  Should be quicker to do as long as they all scan. Had maybe 10 that gave me issues so far with it not scanning even though the barcode is very clear had high contrast OR it scanned and said it did not exist even though typing in paint found it.  Another 10 or so were faded so bad it could not read them nor could I read the name/number without my daughter's help.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Yeah I looked for it over lunch break and saw it. Never noticed it in the menu even though I clicked on most of those options over there. Thanks.  Will use it for the last 20 paints I have left. :)

Got my daughters LTPK1 case that is nearly full and then her holiday color case that has just the 10 and my 2 LTPK cases.  Then I think we are done...unless I am forgetting some in another case but I don't think so.  Should be quicker to do as long as they all scan. Had maybe 10 that gave me issues so far with it not scanning even though the barcode is very clear had high contrast OR it scanned and said it did not exist even though typing in paint found it.  Another 10 or so were faded so bad it could not read them nor could I read the name/number without my daughter's help.

If you have specific ones that are not scanning (other than for being smudged), please email me with the pictures of the front and back and I can verify our data in the database. jeff at courageousoctopus.com

• Like 2

Over the weekend I was able to input all of my paints into the app. Couldn't use scan but that might be because I'm using a laptop and emulator and it seems like my video quality was poor. It didn't really take that long by just searching the SKU numbers or names, except on the handful that didn't have either left on the bottles.Had to search the makers websites to figure out what the names were. Had a few things that didn't seem to be in your library. Now I'm slowly going through what I have from other companies and converting them into Reaper analogues and making a wish list for an upcoming order.

I don't know if anyone has said this but I would like it if the app had a way of have a way of showing equivalents of paint color across all the different brands.  That way if I'm buying a paint and I look to see if I have it already it will also show if I already have a color very close to that one. 

• Like 2

You can basically do that with the color tool and the "equivalencies" at the bottom; which will also show if you have the paint or not (full/empty circle). Sure, it is not in the actual paint description "page", but that would be adding clutter IMHO.

• Like 2