Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

One thing that I've been running into is that the app is exceptionally thorough.  By that I mean that it's great that the out of print (blending?) colors are listed, but those are interfering with my non-stop planning (and replanning) of future paint purchases.

I would find it useful if one could switch off the OOP paints, and, by extension, the different ranges (Core Colors, HD, and Bones).

I am loving the app!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, strawhat said:

One thing that I've been running into is that the app is exceptionally thorough.  By that I mean that it's great that the out of print (blending?) colors are listed, but those are interfering with my non-stop planning (and replanning) of future paint purchases.

I would find it useful if one could switch off the OOP paints, and, by extension, the different ranges (Core Colors, HD, and Bones).

I am loving the app!

That's probably the biggest feedback we get. Eventually we'll have a solution for that, at least to shut off the sub-types if you don't use them.

Could easily add a user-disabled option as well for individual paints.

You'd be surprised how often we get asked to add reeeally old paints. We support Citadel current and previous gen and people often email with "I have this paint from 1995 that's still good...why isn't it in the app?". Sadly, we can't get info for all those ancient ones.

• Like 3

Oh, I believe it.  I've seen (here, I think) people still trying to amass the Ral Partha paints that I sloshed on minis during the late 80s!

It's a great feature, but can be a distraction.

Thanks, again, for all your work!

@CourageousOctopus, why won't you let me love you?

Should I continue to hold onto my hope for an iOS version or just suck it up and use my loathsome kindle? And/or if I use the kindle, would I be able to transfer the info to a future iOS version? I just don't want to spend the time to scan everything in with the kindle only to have to do it all over again on a possible future iOS version.

My phone is just so much handier to use and is always with me....whereas the kindle is.........maybe sitting on the floor possibly being peed on by a cat? ::P:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

Should I continue to hold onto my hope for an iOS version or just suck it up and use my loathsome kindle? And/or if I use the kindle, would I be able to transfer the info to a future iOS version? I just don't want to spend the time to scan everything in with the kindle only to have to do it all over again on a possible future iOS version.

My phone is just so much handier to use and is always with me....whereas the kindle is.........maybe sitting on the floor possibly being peed on by a cat? ::P:

Poor kindle... 

I'm in the same boat though, minus the cat pee... 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2017 at 4:56 PM, CourageousOctopus said:

New update went out this weekend with those missing Reaper primers and paints added. It also addresses a number of crashes we were seeing.

As always, let us know if anything comes up.

If someone who was not you wanted to take a crack at an IOS version could you download some master paint lists? more or less a get started kit?

16 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

I am working on it. Rewriting an app that took years to write in the first time takes time (especially changing over programming paradigms). Both of us have full time jobs so this is a labor of love.

I'm wondering about releasing a version with a small subset of features to start. It would have all the paints, backup, sets, but maybe not every other nicety. Thoughts?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CourageousOctopus said:

I am working on it. Rewriting an app that took years to write in the first time takes time (especially changing over programming paradigms). Both of us have full time jobs so this is a labor of love.

I'm wondering about releasing a version with a small subset of features to start. It would have all the paints, backup, sets, but maybe not every other nicety. Thoughts?

Totally understandable! It's not my intention to rush you.

I would LOVE a starter version.... but from a business standpoint, I would certainly not want it to be too bare bones and put off people that aren't like me who already know your excellent reputation from the android version.

• Like 3

Oh I feel your pain. I badly want the iOS version out there.

As for backing up between devices, I *hope* I can do that with the Google Drive backup but I'm not sure how app permissions work cross platform. That's on my to-do list to figure out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Possibly? I know that they're already in the PaintRack app, so add to your heart's content.

Last time I sent something in it was acknowledged, and last time I checked those paints weren't in, so I wasn't sure.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, lexomatic said:

Last time I sent something in it was acknowledged, and last time I checked those paints weren't in, so I wasn't sure.

Sorry, probably slipped through the cracks but yes, we got your stuff in! Thanks for your help.

As always, if you ever find a missing or messed up bottle, be sure to email in with the front and back of the bottle and we'll be happy to update next time.