Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

251 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ecs05norway said:

Has anyone here used an iOS app called "PaintPot"? It appears to offer similar functionality and has a wide range of series available. 

Initial impressions are not positive - you have to create an account and sign into it (no offline access?), and of the dozen or so pots I tried (Reaper, Army Painter and Games Workshop) exactly none of them actually scanned successfully - several of them scanned, but resulted in no paint hit (when I then went in and manually found them), and about half or so simply refused to scan at all. 

Yeah, I'm getting similar results from it, myself. Disappointing.

It gives me -something-, though, even if I have to go in and add them all manually. Which only took me about a half hour for the 'immediate access' kit next to my workbench.

Hey guys, new update is out with the new Reaper released NMM paints and such!

Also, big news is we're going to be at ReaperCon! Woo! Scott and I hope to meet some of you there.

15 people like this

Just saw the updated list in ReaperCon forum.  Will be cool to say hi in person.  Is it just Sat?  That is what it look like was understood to be the day you would be there.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:34 AM, Guindyloo said:

Totally understandable! It's not my intention to rush you.

I would LOVE a starter version.... but from a business standpoint, I would certainly not want it to be too bare bones and put off people that aren't like me who already know your excellent reputation from the android version.

Totally love the idea of a MVP version of an iOS app.  Just build 1 feature, get it out there, and then build another feature!  Be Agile my friends!

11 hours ago, hungerfan said:

Just saw the updated list in ReaperCon forum.  Will be cool to say hi in person.  Is it just Sat?  That is what it look like was understood to be the day you would be there.

Yes, sadly Scott and I have full time jobs doing other things in Austin so it's hard to get away but Reaper was kind enough to allow us to come just for the Saturday. Hopefully we'll have some paintRack swag with us!

8 people like this

4 hours ago, CourageousOctopus said:

Yes, sadly Scott and I have full time jobs doing other things in Austin so it's hard to get away but Reaper was kind enough to allow us to come just for the Saturday. Hopefully we'll have some paintRack swag with us!

Wish I could meet you then, but I'm not able to make it this year. Have lots of fun there and make sure to post pics of all the neat swag!

6 hours ago, CourageousOctopus said:

I am local and take off Wed through Friday usually for the event.  On Sat I bring my daughter for a class and this year she will be staying with me the entire day for all festivities. We will see how that one goes. :)  Will be looking forward to stopping by and saying hi as we go looking at all the vendors for something to buy for her.

1 person likes this

I too look forward to meeting the paintRack team. One of my favorite apps. It's my preferred way to track paint schemes when I decide to add to or modify a unit.

You can expect me to shamelessly ask for new features.

...and I'll just leave this zinger from my youngest daughter...

"How many tickles does it take to tickle a Courageous Octopus...?"

"Ten-Tickles"

:)

J--

4 people like this

On 9/12/2017 at 11:42 AM, CourageousOctopus said:

Also, big news is we're going to be at ReaperCon! Woo! Scott and I hope to meet some of you there.

So glad you'll be there I'll have a monstrosity that your app inspired to show off hopefully. 

2 people like this

On 9/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, CourageousOctopus said:

Awesome! :D I look forward to meeting you folks!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

1 person likes this