Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

I know this is a bit off topic, and I know there isn't even an iOS version of this yet, but....

How about a way to take pictures of the minis in your collection, update counts and enter/scan barcodes for them so you have the reaper numbers?  I am always wondering whether I am about to buy a mini I already have in my buckets of bones...

This functionality doesnt have to be fancy, just snap a pic, enter name, quantity, scan code and done.   Oh, and if I had to set priority for you (like I am your product owner or something....) getting iOS done is more important than this feature!

1 hour ago, edz16 said:

I know this is a bit off topic, and I know there isn't even an iOS version of this yet, but....

Sigh. 

1 hour ago, edz16 said:

How about a way to take pictures of the minis in your collection, update counts and enter/scan barcodes for them so you have the reaper numbers?  I am always wondering whether I am about to buy a mini I already have in my buckets of bones...

That is a ^ totally separate ^ app idea.

But a good idea:

1 hour ago, edz16 said:

This functionality doesnt have to be fancy, just snap a pic, enter name, quantity, scan code and done.

+1

1 hour ago, edz16 said:

....getting iOS done is more important than this feature!

+1, +1, +1

• Like 1

I talked to a vendor at Reapercon -- the paintRack folks? -- who stated that he intended to develop an iOS version of his paint management software pretty soon.  Then, I came across this thread.  I note that the subject of having an iOS version was bought up in April 16 and that no iOS version has been produced as of now.

My question is -- is there any intent to have an iOS version of paintRack?  By intent, I mean a projected release date?  paintRack seems to have very good press and I need a good paint management app.  I don't want to load up an app and then have to start over again with another.

So, is there any info on paintRack iOS that is more definitive than the rumor stage?

P.S.  I went back and read some earlier posts.  It was paintRack that was at ReaperCon.  And I intuit that there will probably be no iOS version in the near or medium future.

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Highlander said:

I talked to a vendor at Reapercon -- the paintRack folks? -- who stated that he intended to develop an iOS version of his paint management software pretty soon.  Then, I came across this thread.  I note that the subject of having an iOS version was bought up in April 16 and that no iOS version has been produced as of now.

My question is -- is there any intent to have an iOS version of paintRack?  By intent, I mean a projected release date?  paintRack seems to have very good press and I need a good paint management app.  I don't want to load up an app and then have to start over again with another.

So, is there any info on paintRack iOS that is more definitive than the rumor stage?

P.S.  I went back and read some earlier posts.  It was paintRack that was at ReaperCon.  And I intuit that there will probably be no iOS version in the near or medium future.

Based on the discussions I had with them, it is coming, when exactly is the question.  There are just the two of them, and they don't have much experience in IoS development (the reason it came out in Android first was because the lead developer has an Android phone; so he made something that he could use).  they had a mailing list for people to get update on the iOS development so that seems to me that the development is in progress.  I'm sure that if you go to their website, you can sign up for updates of your own.

Full disclosure: I use android so I really don't have a dog in this hunt.  Some of my facts may be slightly off, but that seems to be the gist of things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Highlander said:

We are two guys with other full-time jobs and families (and Scott is part time in school, too!) and such so it'll take as long as it takes, I'm afraid - which is why we don't want to give a firm date. It really depends on how many free days we have to crank on it. And every time we do a database update with a new manufacturer, that's basically a weekend of work for us. It takes a lot to keep up with the new paints. Eventually we'd love to crowd-drive the paint updates but that, too, requires infrastructure.

We have a couple of key features in Android that are causing people headaches that we also want to address sooner rather than later (namely, advanced filtering and custom paints) as well.

And it turns out there are a LOT of features we've built up in the Android version over the years so we need to complete a subset that makes the iOS version minimally viable. I have a very early iOS version with paint circles and such working though, so don't give up hope! :D

Stay tuned for more info on the iOS mailing list thing.

But yeah, I badly want the iOS version out.

• Like 13

I got signed up for the mailing list while at Reapercon. I'm super excited about the impending iOS version, whenever it may drop.

There's nothing else comparable out there, believe me, I've looked. Their reputation for the Android version is solid, it looks amazing in action and they're obviously very active in the community. I don't need hope, I've got faith.

• Like 9

I might be missing it, but after you create a set, and then a subset in that set, I see no way to re-name/edit that subset's name.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skippen said:

I might be missing it, but after you create a set, and then a subset in that set, I see no way to re-name/edit that subset's name.

Long press the subset and the action bar will have more options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourageousOctopus said:

It has come to my attention that another paintRack user uses BlueStacks as an emulator to run Android on their PC. I have not tested it, but maybe this would be a good stop gap for our iOS friends.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlueStacks

Hmm thanks for this.  I had been looking for an emulator and hadn't found anything decent.  Will give this a try.  

Is there a timeline on when to expect 09694-09696 (the ReaperCon colors from this year)?

Also, I would love to be able to swipe right or left when on a Paint Detail page to move to the next color in the library/set/etc.

• Like 3

They picked up the Con paints while they were there so hopefully soon.

I second the swipe on paint detail option. 

I mentioned at the Con that I noticed some Duplicate or changed SKU #s here's the the link the the spreadsheet I use to keep track of which paints are OOP etc. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ZtcZ68maoQh3w4PYuDGPmTvOhAfSmrLqOpcp4FlBmc/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 2