Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

Jeff from PaintRack just told me we will push an update shortly with the missing Scalecolor paints and the Fantasy&Games range as well.

Also, that consideration is being given to the ability to include custom references.

Awesome news IMHO.

Is there any chance he is going to produce an apple one?????!??!?!?! 

I asked. Next update includes a whole lot of new Reaper paints as well, he says...

• Like 5

Jeff from PaintRack just told me we will push an update shortly with the missing Scalecolor paints and the Fantasy&Games range as well.

Also, that consideration is being given to the ability to include custom references.

Awesome news IMHO.

Is there any chance he is going to produce an apple one?????!??!?!?! 

I asked. Next update includes a whole lot of new Reaper paints as well, he says...

Cause I would really like to open this on my ipad and have it on my deck while painting. Stupid I know but it would fun for me. :P

• Like 1

Wow, that Android PaintRack app is amazing!

I cant' find it in the store, so my guess is my old phone can't run it try it out. :(

Just installed paintRack on my Nook.  Which is really nice since I also run audible on the nook while painting.  Glad to hear he is going to update reaper and scale paints.

• Like 1

Never thought about making a list for my paints, but I just downloaded the PaintRack app and also payed for full version(even though I might not use all the features, I like to support the creator)

Thanks for this thread, I would never have thought about looking for an app to sort my paints

• Like 2

Update rolled out yesterday and I am happy with the ability of adding my SC75 paints. No idea on the Reapers, since I had nothing missing and don't follow the 100s paints in the line enough to tell if there is anything new (so much paint in there).

If you think of upgrades, go ahead and mail the creator, Jeff. jeff <at> courageousoctopus.com is the email, he is a nice guy and looks to be honestly trying to make this a better app.

• Like 3

Anyone have experience with the PaintMyMinis app on IOS? It has paint tracking and stores recipes for your color schemes. It has a neat looking color wheel took too.

• Like 1

Anyone have experience with the PaintMyMinis app on IOS? It has paint tracking and stores recipes for your color schemes. It has a neat looking color wheel took too.

I use it mainly for the color wheel as it makes color scheme choices easier.

• Like 1

Paint Pot turned out to be pathetic and useless. It is limited to Citadel and Vallego. The "suggest a new range" link is covered up by an ad. (This was the free version) No evident option for adding paints other than the preloaded options. It works like social media, you have to "logon" and have an account, it asks for an email, presumably it is completely non-functional if the internet is dead. 

Downloaded it.

Examined it.

DELETED IT.

• Like 1

Update rolled out yesterday and I am happy with the ability of adding my SC75 paints. No idea on the Reapers, since I had nothing missing and don't follow the 100s paints in the line enough to tell if there is anything new (so much paint in there).

If you think of upgrades, go ahead and mail the creator, Jeff. jeff <at> courageousoctopus.com is the email, he is a nice guy and looks to be honestly trying to make this a better app.

I had been pestering him repeatedly about adding quite a few limited edition paints. He even responded to my email from a few months ago to say that the update rolled out. Jeff seems like a good guy. PaintRack is awesome! 

• Like 1

I sent Jeff (courageous octopus) some feedback:

Can you add a way to include custom manufacturers, so we can include our older paint sets (I have a near complete Reaper Pro set and know some with Partha Paints/IWM and PollyS sets). This will help when saving our color scheme sets.

And received a reply!

Hi Aryanun!

We are planning on adding user custom paints so you should be able to do this soon.

Jeff

This is awesome news ::D:

Edited by Aryanun
  • Like 2

I use PaintRack myself since I have an Android phone, and it's served me incredibly well. It just keeps getting better and better as more paint lines are added.

I have PaintMyMinis on my iPad, it's not quite as user friendly as PaintRack but it's still a pretty decent app. The issue with most paint organizer apps is that most of them have a very small selection of paint lines, and the majority of them don't even add Reaper into the mix. PaintRack would be your best friend since it has the largest selection of paints.

I put a request in for Liquitex Inks. It would be nice to be able to add them to my digital collection.

Jeff here from Courageous Octopus of paintRack fame. Glad to hear so many people like the app!

Really, it's a labor of love for Scott, the other dev, and I. We hope you get lots out of it. Our goal was to make an awesome paint helper tool for about the cost of one bottle of paint.

I encourage you to use the feedback form in the app to send us an email with anything you find that is odd or missing. I know there are a handful of Reaper paints still missing as well as a few Vallejo. We continue to try to catch 'em all.

This latest app update added 160 new paints bringing us to over 2500 paints across 13 manufacturers.

We are really serious on that feedback! It's how we decide on future updates.

A big help to us is leaving us an awesome review on Google Play or telling your friends so they can try it, too.

More features coming soon! Cheers!

• Like 10