Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

23 hours ago, Citrine said:

I just installed this and paid for premium, but I am unable to get it to scan the paint bottle barcodes from inside PaintRack.  The Barcode Scanner App (from Barcode Scanner company) has no problems scanning the bottles when using it by itself.  Did I download the wrong Scanner App?  I get the scanner screen in PaintRack, but nothing registers as scanned.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please email us the front and barcodes of the bottles that are failing to scan.

21 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

@CourageousOctopus I've got some swatches to send you.. your Powderburn Brown is way off it should be closer to Charred Brown, and golden Glow looks too dark.. 

Please send them along.

16 hours ago, strawhat said:

Another voice for the chorus!

I recently acquired some tokens that I'm planning on painting, and I wanted the bases to be in different metallic sets.  I've only a handful, so it's not bad to do it by sight but a couple taps on the screen would be even easier!  

The new filtering mechanism (when we finally get it all working) will allow you to turn on and off sub-types (show only metallic and washes, or whatever). Also filter by manufacturer classes (such as I don't want to see Vallejo Game Air) and bottle sizes (I don't want to see spray cans). It's a little trickier than it sounds but we're working on it.

• Like 2

I have  few Citadel Foundation paints that don't scan, and I think it was three of them that weren't even I nether database.  I'll have to go through them again and see which ones they were. 

• Thanks 1

Scanning has never worked for me (on multiple phones).  And if it just happend to work, it was still loads faster to just search.  I just sat down one day and did it manually.

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I have  few Citadel Foundation paints that don't scan, and I think it was three of them that weren't even I nether database.  I'll have to go through them again and see which ones they were. 

If it's a 'classic' Citadel paint, then our coverage may be spotty. We can add it if you send us the bottle fronts and barcodes, though.

I feel like an idiot, but at least I finally figured out how to scan.  Who knew you had to align the barcode with the red line ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I ran up an excel spreadsheet of my paints - Reaper uses standard bar codes, so a quick mail-merge later I had a printed sheet (45 to a page) that was simple to scan ::D:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Werra said:

I ran up an excel spreadsheet of my paints - Reaper uses standard bar codes, so a quick mail-merge later I had a printed sheet (45 to a page) that was simple to scan ::D:

That. Is. Amazing!

Hey all, we're working on a maintenance release including a DB update, so if there are any DB tweaks you know of, let us know now or forever hold your peace (until next update!). A bigger update with our advanced filtering will follow later (unless I get it all working on Monday).

We've got the missing Reaper Additives/Mediums cued up already.

• Like 5

Something else I've thought of (for the future, naturally):

What about the ability to sort the Sets by icon?  I group many of my projects by different icons (gold dollar sign happens to be unique "Scum and Villainy" for Imperial Assault, the gold gears are for unique Imperial characters, etc.).

Just a thought...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, strawhat said:

Something else I've thought of (for the future, naturally):

What about the ability to sort the Sets by icon?  I group many of my projects by different icons (gold dollar sign happens to be unique "Scum and Villainy" for Imperial Assault, the gold gears are for unique Imperial characters, etc.).

Just a thought...

A good thought. I would like to overhaul sets at some point to allow folders, etc. Not for this upcoming release, however.

• Like 2

Just pushed the maintenance release, which includes the missing Reaper auxiliaries.

BTW, if any of you go in and disable the new manufacturer and then the app crashes shortly after, please, PLEASE email/DM me because I'm seeing an occasional crash reported with that workflow and I cannot reproduce it to save my life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1