Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

251 posts in this topic

I downloaded and upgraded last night but I am having trouble getting the Barcode reader to work on my scale 75 stuff. Is there a way to manually enter paint?

And maybe a tutorial some place on this?

George

Also most of my old label GW paint as well. ..

Edited by knarthex

I downloaded and upgraded last night but I am having trouble getting the Barcode reader to work on my scale 75 stuff. Is there a way to manually enter paint?

And maybe a tutorial some place on this?

George

Also most of my old label GW paint as well. ..

You can enter the name of your paints in the app and it gives you a few options of color. No need for the full name, most will be recognized with 4 or 5 letters.. Make sure you have the tap on scale paints if you want that brand.. If you leave it at all you get to many options.

I usually just search them because the barcodes in SC75 are rubbish. I don't even think they really work... Mines at least, from the no-single-pot selling time, don't work (and Jeff told me that when I asked).

It should be in a FAQ probably.

I picked it up yesterday (even paid for it) and it seems like it will work great. I like the ability to organise my paint schemes by game.

Would be cool to eventually add other paint types as well as I have a large number of non mini paint that I use for minis.

Sounds very nice.  Sadly, phone is too old, and no IOS for my iPad, which would be ideal for me.

Jeff here from Courageous Octopus of paintRack fame. Glad to hear so many people like the app!

Really, it's a labor of love for Scott, the other dev, and I. We hope you get lots out of it. Our goal was to make an awesome paint helper tool for about the cost of one bottle of paint.

I encourage you to use the feedback form in the app to send us an email with anything you find that is odd or missing. I know there are a handful of Reaper paints still missing as well as a few Vallejo. We continue to try to catch 'em all.

This latest app update added 160 new paints bringing us to over 2500 paints across 13 manufacturers.

We are really serious on that feedback! It's how we decide on future updates.

A big help to us is leaving us an awesome review on Google Play or telling your friends so they can try it, too.

More features coming soon! Cheers!

Hey Jeff, any chance we'll see an IOS version in the future?

I too am Android device free... :mellow:

Anyone have experience with the PaintMyMinis app on IOS? It has paint tracking and stores recipes for your color schemes. It has a neat looking color wheel took too.

No not yet, but that you for pointing it out. I will go look it up on my ipad right now.

Jeff here from Courageous Octopus of paintRack fame. Glad to hear so many people like the app!

Really, it's a labor of love for Scott, the other dev, and I. We hope you get lots out of it. Our goal was to make an awesome paint helper tool for about the cost of one bottle of paint.

I encourage you to use the feedback form in the app to send us an email with anything you find that is odd or missing. I know there are a handful of Reaper paints still missing as well as a few Vallejo. We continue to try to catch 'em all.

This latest app update added 160 new paints bringing us to over 2500 paints across 13 manufacturers.

We are really serious on that feedback! It's how we decide on future updates.

A big help to us is leaving us an awesome review on Google Play or telling your friends so they can try it, too.

More features coming soon! Cheers!

Hey Jeff, any chance we'll see an IOS version in the future?

SAME QUESTION! I would REALLY like to use it on my ipad. I Would pay money for it as well! Please Please Please make one for IOS

We don't support Scale75 barcodes, unfortunately. We talked to the manufacturer and they said not to bother - they're not really meant for that. If they add read EAN barcodes in the future we'll try to get our hands on them.

REALLY old Citadel won't be in there either, probably. I think we have current gen and two gens back (under Citadel Classic).

I hear you, iOS fans! We have a few more big features we'd like to add to the Android version first, probably (custom paints, etc.). Now that Xamarin is free, we may able to do some cross-platform stuff for iOS. Give us a follow @courageousocto on Twitter for up to date news.

If you have a particular paint line you want, send us a tweet or email. We tally the votes to decide what to do next, in general.

2 people like this

I tried the iOS app and it is just too difficult to add paint to it.  And it is short ALOT of Reaper paints now.  So the spread sheet it is still.

Looking forward to the Android App.  I've got an Android phone I use for web development testing.  I'll take a look at it on there.  But I don't carry that with me, so I also need that iOS version.

I tried the iOS app and it is just too difficult to add paint to it. And it is short ALOT of Reaper paints now. So the spread sheet it is still.

Looking forward to the Android App. I've got an Android phone I use for web development testing. I'll take a look at it on there. But I don't carry that with me, so I also need that iOS version.

Which iOS app did you try?

I tried the iOS app and it is just too difficult to add paint to it. And it is short ALOT of Reaper paints now. So the spread sheet it is still.

Looking forward to the Android App. I've got an Android phone I use for web development testing. I'll take a look at it on there. But I don't carry that with me, so I also need that iOS version.

Which iOS app did you try?

PaintMyMinis

Sorry I had to pay for it, but was willing to take the chance on it for the price.

We don't support Scale75 barcodes, unfortunately. We talked to the manufacturer and they said not to bother - they're not really meant for that. If they add read EAN barcodes in the future we'll try to get our hands on them.

REALLY old Citadel won't be in there either, probably. I think we have current gen and two gens back (under Citadel Classic).

I hear you, iOS fans! We have a few more big features we'd like to add to the Android version first, probably (custom paints, etc.). Now that Xamarin is free, we may able to do some cross-platform stuff for iOS. Give us a follow @courageousocto on Twitter for up to date news.

If you have a particular paint line you want, send us a tweet or email. We tally the votes to decide what to do next, in general.

Found one problem that will stop me from using this.  It does not have a feature to allow for how many bottles of paint you have of a color?  There are some I have more than 1 of.

If it was PaintmyMini, that look to haven't  has been touch since 2014.

That is it.  All I could find.