Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

I have 3 Christmas Wreath Greens. A Reaper MSP. But it will be orderable never.

Pretty much the first one of these apps that supplies a blank paint entry that the end user can use to manually fill in all the fields—that is the app that will win.

• Like 3

Pretty much the first one of these apps that supplies a blank paint entry that the end user can use to manually fill in all the fields—that is the app that will win.

And a way to use the camera perhaps to snap a swatch of the color would be nice.

• Like 2

And a way to use the camera perhaps to snap a swatch of the color would be nice.

Or just the bottle. Snap. Crop. (To a standard size.) Save.

We don't support Scale75 barcodes, unfortunately. We talked to the manufacturer and they said not to bother - they're not really meant for that. If they add read EAN barcodes in the future we'll try to get our hands on them.

REALLY old Citadel won't be in there either, probably. I think we have current gen and two gens back (under Citadel Classic).

I hear you, iOS fans! We have a few more big features we'd like to add to the Android version first, probably (custom paints, etc.). Now that Xamarin is free, we may able to do some cross-platform stuff for iOS. Give us a follow @courageousocto on Twitter for up to date news.

If you have a particular paint line you want, send us a tweet or email. We tally the votes to decide what to do next, in general.

Glad to hear it may happen further down the road! Thanks for the response!

paintRack has that paint in the database. Just no way to mark how many bottles you have currently.

We don't support Scale75 barcodes, unfortunately. We talked to the manufacturer and they said not to bother - they're not really meant for that. If they add read EAN barcodes in the future we'll try to get our hands on them.

REALLY old Citadel won't be in there either, probably. I think we have current gen and two gens back (under Citadel Classic).

I hear you, iOS fans! We have a few more big features we'd like to add to the Android version first, probably (custom paints, etc.). Now that Xamarin is free, we may able to do some cross-platform stuff for iOS. Give us a follow @courageousocto on Twitter for up to date news.

If you have a particular paint line you want, send us a tweet or email. We tally the votes to decide what to do next, in general.

Found one problem that will stop me from using this. It does not have a feature to allow for how many bottles of paint you have of a color? There are some I have more than 1 of.

This. It would really help to track number of bottles.

Found one problem that will stop me from using this. It does not have a feature to allow for how many bottles of paint you have of a color? There are some I have more than 1 of.

This. It would really help to track number of bottles.

paintRack has that paint in the database. Just no way to mark how many bottles you have currently.

When we originally designed the app we intended it to only be 'have' and 'have-not' on the app for bottles. This makes the design waaaay cleaner (gives you the convenient tapping on bottles to add/remove, for instance).

However, plenty of people have several copies of the same bottles. So we are planning on adding an 'advanced option' to turn on bottle counts (the database will actually support it already). This will dirty up the UI a bit but everything is a trade off in design, right?

• Like 11

I looked at the app on the play store and have to admit that it looks good.  The only reason I haven't installed it yet is because I'm going to be changing my phone in the near-mid future and don't want to rescan everything.  

Any idea when the functionality for syncing data across devices will be introduced?

I have been playing around with it, and I am really liking the things I understand.

Like Aryanun, I have a lot of old paint and would love a way to import those into the system!

I know not to many people are still using Polly S Fantasy line paints, but if there was a way to add them in the list of manufacturers, and a little circle that we could toggle the metallic sheen on, and label it by color and sku, that would be awesome!

Heck, I'd send the thing out to people!

Then they could send me some....

Also, maybe a way to break down the paints, both within one company, and across 2 or more, as "Reds", Blues", Metallics, would be great!

If it can already be done please tell me!

George

• Like 2

Decided to give it a try. Got it installed and started on adding my collection into the library. I find that it would be nice to sort them by sku. The ability to turn off the color swatches would be helpful when auditing the library, or if there was a way to export a report.

So far I like the app. The ui is very clean and uncluttered. Navigation is pretty intuitive. The scanner function is cool in theory, and it may work pretty well when adding one or two colors. But it was faster to search the dB by name and manually add the paints. Even with the rapid scan function, I still found it faster to manually add them.

I like the idea of a wishlist for paints. Looking forward to experimenting with it some. For faster "shopping" it would be handy if there was a filter that would exclude paints that are already in my library. I know the icons give you a quick visual, but excluding on hand paints would be faster.

Because I have yet to add any paints to the wishlist, I don't know if the app address my next point. I hope there is a way I can prioritize the paints in the wishlist.

It's cool there is a function to add projects and create paint sets. For me personally, I don't know if I'll use this feature much. It could be helpful. Even better if I could link photos to a project. Or pin notes to it like mix formulas.

There is a lot of room for the app to grow, but it has a very strong base.

Jeff here from Courageous Octopus of paintRack fame. Glad to hear so many people like the app!

Really, it's a labor of love for Scott, the other dev, and I. We hope you get lots out of it. Our goal was to make an awesome paint helper tool for about the cost of one bottle of paint.

I encourage you to use the feedback form in the app to send us an email with anything you find that is odd or missing. I know there are a handful of Reaper paints still missing as well as a few Vallejo. We continue to try to catch 'em all.

This latest app update added 160 new paints bringing us to over 2500 paints across 13 manufacturers.

We are really serious on that feedback! It's how we decide on future updates.

A big help to us is leaving us an awesome review on Google Play or telling your friends so they can try it, too.

More features coming soon! Cheers!

iOS version?

• Like 2

I spent about 2 hours getting my paint collection into the app. Twice. (I use 2 different devices) This could be useful beyond just mini paints. I know I have a ton of different art media that ends up getting purchased twice because I forgot what we had on hand.

Also, being able to track what basing materials (from major sources like secret weapon, army painter, or woodland scenics) would be cool too.

• Like 1

Oooh basing material tracking....

Almost impossible. I have so much Random Stuff because I've learned from Froggy to look at everything different.

• Like 1