Kharsin

Ice in the Springtime or Winter Witch 60149

Hey all! Just figured I'd post the current mini that I'm working on: Reaper's 60149: Winter Witch. I think I picked her up at last year's ReaperCon, and she's been sitting around waiting to be painted. I figured it'd be a good opportunity to get some practice in as well as experiment with ice bases for all of those Space Wolves I'm supposed to be painting. Anyways, enjoy!

post-12973-0-58147500-1459980189_thumb.jpg

-K

• Like 14

It's a miniature painting stand from PK Pro. I think a few other European companies sell them as well. In theory, the bar gives you an extra place to hold the mini for positioning with a C type grip. In practice, the little skull that holds the wires together and serves as the holding point loves to slip off at unapproproate times. With that said, I love em! Much more stable than large corks.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So it's been a few weeks since I've finished a minis, been kind of busy, but finally got this guy done last night,  another Hackmaster figure that was picked up by Ral Partha, this time a mature-looking wizard with a nice wooden staff.  As always, it took forever to decide colors and with his inner clothing, the lilac, that was the easiest, but after that, took a while to figure out the green in his cloak and blue on the outside.

He has a little potion at his belt, tried to do a liquid effect, when I look at the photo, not so sure how it turned out though.

Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By paedia
      I finished one of my favorite figures from the original Bones Kickstarter: Trista, the White Wolf. Patrick Keith is one of my favorite sculptors and he did a great job with her - especially with her realistic proportions and armor. I wasn't digging the original sword, so I swapped it out using the weapon sprue from Bones 3.

I bunch of thanks to all of the forum members who gave great encouragement and suggestions in my WIP thread.

• By Pochi
      I somehow forgot to post this guy when I finished him last year. I painted him shortly after I finished his queenly counterpart. I had some issues with the ice on the base so it didn't turn out exactly as I hoped but it's ok. Painting these big guys is sure a whole different experience to painting the "normal" sized minis.

• By Glitterwolf
      *** Please read in David Attenborough's voice***

Even the cold North has it brief moment of Spring.
      The Ice will never melt completely, but the small rise in temperature will melt some, giving the scarse plantlife a chance to sprout.
      Of course melting ice will also mean that large chunks will fall and this can surprise even the most experienced Yeti Chieftain as we see here.

Our Yeti Chieftain Gorm was distracted by his thoughts of a certain female of the species, it is Spring after all...when he found himself too close to a ice mountain.
      A sudden crackling sound and a large chunk came down.
      Gorm found himself paralyzed with fear, and this would be his doom.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, I painted this 80072, Antarctic Explorer to complement the little scene that I did for LadyStorm's winter contest.
      This model was sculpted by James Van Schaik. I painted it with Reaper's MSP paint and the synthetic snow is Army Painter Battlefields BF4103 snow.
      Any similarity with an old bearded man from the northern hemisphere is pure coincidence.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)