Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

DSM housecat Bard

And because I shouldn't miss one (I did have a run on the critters) this is one of the dark sword miniatures critters from their latest kickstarter.  these are a little more posed than the Oathsworn critters but they still have a lot of personality and can add quite a bit of fun to the workbench. (especially after 54 tyranids in 12 hours).  this fellow has learned the art of fighting and drinking and become a true expert.

I had a good time with the reds on the tunic and tried a little bit of freehand on the inside of the cloak.  Styles and patterns on clothing don't come easy for me as I prefer my clothing rich toned natural and unpatterned.  but this guy was just begging for a little color on the inside of the cloak so I gave it a shot.

Enjoy!

post-5901-0-37671400-1460068074_thumb.jpg

post-5901-0-92155100-1460068106_thumb.jpg

post-5901-0-47684000-1460068141_thumb.jpg

post-5901-0-44295100-1460068159_thumb.jpg

post-5901-0-06671100-1460068248_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

I enjoyed working on the eyes. for me it was nice to have some room on them to work with.  I also liked the goblet.  It doesnt come through so well on camera but the cup really looks liquid in real life. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Since it's arrival last month, I've been experimenting with my first 3D Printer.  Today marked the first finished painted projects that were made on it.

Several Giants, designed by Duncan "Shadow" Louca.

The Gourdlock, by dutchmogul:

One of my favorite finds while randomly searching for STL files, the Dwarf Rock Star, also by dutchmogul.

Completing my Frostgrave Bestiaries is an eventual goal...here's a simple crab from Rocket Pig

Tortles seem to be the new hotness since their introduction in a charity event tied to "Tomb of Annihilation".  These guys are a mix from Fat Dragon and the wonderful DM Workshop

The last are a murder of Redcaps, again designed by DM Workshop.  I swapped out their weapons to give them some variety.

• By Auberon
      In the 5E game I recently started played, one of the characters created a halfling bard.  I had yet to paint Lem from the Kickstarter so he received a quick paint for the tabletop last week.  Of course, that player didn't show up to last weeks game but Lem is ready when needed.  Now that I look at it I see there are a few little bits that I missed but I doubt I go back and touch him up.

• By Pingo
      There's a French wargame called "Alkemy" which has a faction of pseudo-Egyptian cat-people called the Khaliman Republic (or République Khalimane in the original).  A few years back I snagged a starter set of 5 resin figures I found on clearance because, well, cat people.

Currently I am involved in an elaborate and fascinating campaign combining White Wolf's World of Darkness (the one in Vampire the Masquerade second edition and Werewolf the Apocalypse) with its "Exalted" game, second edition (which was originally sold as the prehistory of the World of Darkness, although they backed away from that pretty fast).

This character is a PC for that game.  The person is a lycanthrope, or rather a feline therianthrope.  He has a human form, but I painted up the cat man because it's more fun.

This is the first small-scale non-terrain resin I've ever assembled or painted.  It was a little fiddly and I was worried about its fragility.  There are a few places with what is probably flash that I didn't have the courage to try to slice off.

Comments welcome.

WIP thread here.

• By Cyradis
      I was stressing a lot, so I put down the figure that I'm doing really intense work on and picked up this one for fun. I filed her ears to be more humanish, as I painted her to be "Grace Desirap" from my D&D campaign. She's pretty much a punk rock princess, with the band Shocked Hearts. I soon realized that she was not the best figure for de-stressing, because there are many annoying nooks and crannies to worry about on her and it is easy to fudge up. That, and the green for her outfit has awful coverage. But it is a pretty green! I could have planned guitar colors better, but eh, whatever. I had fun with her. 

Whoops.... DOUBLE POST! Mod help purdy please? I must have double-clicked the submit :( 
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)