Chris Palmer

Terezinya, Bonepander Wizard (77173) (Bones)

She is superbly thuggish, if a bit contrastly dressed for her surroundings! Oh thugs! LOL!  ^_^

• Like 1

Another nice job!  Your "quick tabletop application" rather outdoes my time-intensive best work, but that just inspires me to practice more :=)

The sash thing hanging down from her right arm is very reflective of the attire for your necromancy apprentice, so maybe she's a good thug for that band?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the positive comments!

Another nice job!  Your "quick tabletop application" rather outdoes my time-intensive best work, but that just inspires me to practice more :=)

The sash thing hanging down from her right arm is very reflective of the attire for your necromancy apprentice, so maybe she's a good thug for that band?

Keep the faith; you'll get there!  Remember, I have a few more decades experience. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Schirf
      Ok, painted one of these up a few months ago and just did the other 2 a couple weeks ago. Just picked up an airbrush so this was my first time trying out some zenithal highlighting. I'm pretty happy with how the new ones turned out.

First the old one

Then here is one of the new ones

And the group photo

• By Schirf
      Finished him up a week ago or so, but just got around to pics. Second attempt at NMM, not really happy with the results, but I suppose it works. Had further plans on doing OSL from the sword but was feeling finished by the time I got that far and decided good enough. May try and come back and add it in later though.

• By paintybeard
      I have used 02835 (Jolie) as an apprentice Sigilist in my Frostgrave warband.

Here she is with an old Citadel wizard, who is her mentor.

In my games he is called Bruce and she is named The Lovely Anthea. (Brits of a certain age may spot a cultural reference here.)

I get the feeling that Bruce chose his apprentice more for her... nice legs... that her skill in the mystical arts. But in the games I play Bruce frequently fails to cast his spells in a spectacular and messy fashion, while Anthea succeeds by the narrowest of margins!

• By Sophie was taken
      Had an extra one of these lying about, and decided to experiment with a limited palette. Here’s how she turned out:

Front
      Back

Main colors used were MSP Woodland Brown, Brilliant Green, Scholar Flesh, and Yellowed Bone (and it’s triad).

Not completely happy with her skin tones, I tried everything up to Moth Green trying to get a light tone that still read as green. Wound up using one of the darkest greens I have, go figure. Shaded by gradually dropping the flesh tone until it was straight green, but it turned out to be a rather extreme color shift.

I like how the base and tree trunk came out, however. The ground shade was achieved by throwing some blues and yellows together until they stopped being bad and then painting some gray on the rocks.

All in all, I think it turned out all right for just messing around. Definitely something to practice in the future. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated. 
    • By Crowley
      So I started painting this guy... I don't even remember how long ago. Pulled him out tonight and decided to wash him with a couple other bones I was prepping... He felt a little tacky... And now feels worse. And the tooth brush feels all gummy.

He's from Bones 1, and probably painted with older GW paints, not not 100% sure.

Fairly sure I'm just going to drop him in some simple green and start over... Though I'm wondering if there has been some weird chemical change and if I'd just be better off getting a new copy of him?

Anyone else run into something like this? I know some paint dries tacky on bones, but can that be cleaned off and repainted?
  • Who's Online   41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)