Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JGF

Krug Hill Giant: Dem Eyes! Help me decide!

16 posts in this topic

I'm in the final stages of my (bones) Hill Giant Krug but have a problem.... I roughed in Krugs eyes with an off white with the intention of finishing them off later, but now that the mini is almost done, I actually quite like the pure white, 'zombie eye' look!  I took a pic and fired up photoshop to mock up what he'd maybe look like with pupils (assuming i dont screw it up...) and, well, I cant decide!!

Left = Current

Right = simulated mockup 

EFSSElZ.jpg

Tell me what to do internet!!  Feel free to reply and/or vote!

http://strawpoll.me/7359339

6 people like this

Voted!

I like the Zombie eyes!

Why would his eyes be looking up/out? He's a giant menacing with his club. Wouldn't he be looking down?

I'm with Pingo. I you can, eyes looking downward would be awesome. If you go with the zombie look, I'd still go in with some grey and/or light blue to give a hint of an iris.

2 people like this

I think the left makes him look blind and the right makes him look meaner. I think it is a matter of preference.

1 person likes this

If it was me painting I would just keep the Zombie eyes. Because there is no possible way I could make round neat pupils like that.

Pochi is completely right. Unless Ogre is part of a diorama, then Pingo is right.

On the TV show Once Upon A Time the Ogre tribes that border and war with The Enchanted Forest are blind Ogres :: racial trait. They hunt by sound.

Do the blind one and give the Skulls on his bandolier glowing green eyes. They see for him. That's why he wears them...

2 people like this

Wherever he ends up looking, give him pupils. You've got so much space to work with it would be a shame not to.

Edited by 72moonglum

Pupils looking down for sure, if you want to get a bit more creative perhaps give him bloodshot eyes.

1 person likes this

I'm with the pupil faction. The zombie eyes aren't bad, but I like the pupil mock-up a bit better - those eyes draw me in instantly.

Edited by klarg1
1 person likes this

Could do the best of both worlds.  One eye with pupil and the other one with the cut across the brow and cheek milky and zombie like. 

5 people like this

Could do the best of both worlds.  One eye with pupil and the other one with the cut across the brow and cheek milky and zombie like.

Oh! Love this idea!

1 person likes this

HMMMMMMMMmmm....

avv1z7K.jpg

Edited by JGF
7 people like this

HMMMMMMMMmmm....

avv1z7K.jpg

Love it!!!

1 person likes this