Sign in to follow this  
Tosek

D&D NPC: Beholder

That is a WONDERFUL creation, AND BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. I would say that it was time well spent; re, aside from being an OUTSTANDING piece, it is one of a kind. VERY WELL DONE indeed! 

• Like 1

While my personal preference leans more towards the more recent WotC designs, this is one of the best looking old school style beholders I've seen.

The base and paint job really sell it too. Well done!

• Like 1

Yes.  Yes, I like the Hell out of it.  It's even creepier than the usual specimens with the bared gums/teeth, and the eyes are perfect--as is the skin.

• Like 2

He's fantastic. Really well done, and I love the extra attention you paid the eyes. They really pop.

• Like 1

That's a great looking beholder.    I like that the eyes are all different colors.  Great paint job on the skin/hide.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JGroeling
      Recently finished up another jarred mini, this one a Beholder. 
      Beholder mini - Built on the base with a coin pile and treasure chest (also from Nolzur's/WizKids) as well as some hand punched loose coins and lots of sculpted resin

Close ups. 

In jar - Client wanted a nice, small, display piece for his desk that he doesnt have to worry about the piece getting dusty. Metal plate on bottom of beholder, and magnets inside bottom of jar, if he chooses to use it for tabletop. Also more handcut coins glued inside the jar.

writing on top was a found fantasy script that he liked, I translated 'Imprisoned Nightmare' as the writing. 

Have to say that I had so much fun painting this mini that I ordered 2 more to play around with later this year. Think I want to zombify one, and the other will be similar to this but with more elaborate basing. 
    • By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWwEryYc3Q

So one of my campaign encounters calls for a skeleton playing a violin. I had a few ideas on how I could go about accomplishing this. Modifying a skeleton miniature to hold a violin. Then I found this mini. I really wish they had a version that wasn't metal for this miniature though.

The mini in question is supposed to be the boss of an encounter the players run into which leads into bigger plots later. In short though its supposed to be dripping a black ichor from the eyes to make it scarier and to emphasis the point "this is a powerful enemy" and not just some random skeleton bard.

The actual painting went along the lines of

White base coat, followed by coloring the violin and leather straps brown, the metal armor black, i did a wash of brown followed by a black to give contrasting colors of dirt and mold. I also added a small amount of a lighter blue as a wash to the violin and bow to make it contrast ever so slightly from the rest of the mini and to hopefully give it a sort of magical look. That last part didn't succeed like I had hoped but it was a good lesson in what does and what does not work.

I know the base needs something else to make it pop. This mini isn't "finished" yet for that very reason but im not sure how i want to finish the base of the mini. Probably some dirt. because dirt is always a good choice for a graveyard. I really should change my name to the "painting horror minis channel" because its an unintentional theme.

• By Auberon
      Some time ago I picked up some Vallejo Verdigris, but I'm not sure I ever used it.  This skeleton was a test case to see how the wash handled.  Like most Vallejo, it was a little thick out of the bottle, but the color is right.  With a some practice it'll make for easy aging of metal.

• By Consequence
      I got a camera to take better pictures of some of the miniatures I've been painting. I hope my GM can use them!

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Another skeleton. This one is very adept at fighting around corners or in circular rooms...

Thanks for looking!!

• Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)