Beagle

Mierce Miniatures - Mighty Monsters

I will chime in that Mierce has beautiful miniatures.  I will purchase at retail, but they run their Kickstarters poorly, IMO.  With 6 outstanding projects, someone cautious like me will not back them.  And there are multiple miniatures in the range I really want, but their method really scares me.

• Like 5

There is definitely a learning curve with how they set up their kickstarters (and figuring out what to get afterwards), but having been in on every one of them at this point I don't find it confusing at all.  My rulebook is on the way and I have LOTS of stuff currently packing.

• Like 1

Really, I mean that I'm not wanting to get into their game right now.  I already have too many tabletop projects hanging around waiting for my attention (honestly, the game looks kind of cool).

But I do love their minis.  I'm always happy to get a chance to paint one, so one at a time is just a better fit for the way I do things.

Edited by odinsgrandson
  • Like 3

they run their Kickstarters poorly, IMO.

You may not like the KS model they use, but they run their KS very well. Few creators are as engaged with the fans, on comments regularly, teasing info and answering questions promptly. High quality product is being delivered at regular intervals.

• Like 3

Unless you are me. Then you need to send multiple emails asking for statuses on shipping.

I'm done with backing them, I don't have the time or patience to track shipping for items I paid for.

• Like 4

they run their Kickstarters poorly, IMO.

You may not like the KS model they use, but they run their KS very well. Few creators are as engaged with the fans, on comments regularly, teasing info and answering questions promptly. High quality product is being delivered at regular intervals.

And that's okay!  Just as I don't have to like their KS model, that shouldn't prevent someone else from backing them.  The problem isn't that they aren't dealing with their fans regularly, it's that someone like me is worried about another Center Stage Miniatures type of situation.  There's no indication of this nor am I implying one!  But, the multi-kickstarter-at-the-same-time model really scares me with the same miniatures line due to that reason alone!  And this comes from someone who is nervous about having two kickstarters out for one company (SDE and Rail Raiders), but they were very specific about stating up front that they were using two different teams and the funds were separate.  Has Mierce done that?  Are there different teams working on the different projects?

Unless you are me. Then you need to send multiple emails asking for statuses on shipping.

I'm done with backing them, I don't have the time or patience to track shipping for items I paid for.

And this makes me sad.  I'm sorry Bathory.

• Like 2

Bathory has had a run of bad luck with companies, probably all the Satan. Get with Jesus, he has overnight delivery.

Mierce keeps a bunch of artists and sculptors chomping away at various projects, many of whom are pretty busy folks. The main reason given for the long pipeline is to secure their services ahead of time, and it seems to be working. Not really any glaring MIKH situations (who held back Arena Rex's KS fulfillment). The only actual slowdowns were when the resin caster was ill (he's healthy again and casting better than ever!) and when they finally buckled down to develop the rulebook.

Early on it seems the custom 'ancestor' minis slowed things down a lot, but they haven't done those in a while now afaik.

I'm not trying to white knight, I've just had really good experiences with them. My main gripe is when they release another Krull with minor modifications, but it's easy enough to ignore those. No idea who is paying that much for multiple versions of the same mini, though!

I just back for 10 quid now and get things as they're about to ship. Sadly missed the metal jute starter--didn't have the cash at the time.

Speaking of shipping, I've got everything but the art book and one figure from KS3 that has gone to packing so this puts me closed out on KS1-4 except those two items.

I'm in this one for 10 pounds, as well. Usually I grab a host or two, depending. But we're house hunting, so I'm trying to be conservative.

I can't keep track of which KS what came from, hah. I'm pretty sure 90% of my outstanding stuff is from New Kindreds, I bought a slew of stuff from it. And even that I have half delivered.

Other than that, just Alix, the murderbear and the drinking companions.

This is what I'm waiting on

date: order: status: cost:
19·02·16 #53831426922 processing £0.00
any two metal support starter hosts (2)
28·08·15 #23092718732 processing £6.00
d:ma - uk - one shipment | d:nk - uk - one shipment | d:nk - uk - two shipments [expanded]
16·07·15 #79676404422 processing £-0.10
aanchuth the cursed, gabrax warlock | ablaa, gabrax warrior | ablaa, gabrax warrior | amethea, oplites warrior | amethea, oplites warrior | andreas, oplites dekarchos | any two infantry starter hosts [expanded] | ardann, fen beast warrior | atalantes oplites infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | baagath, gabrax gultain | blaart, gabrax tusk-bearer | bockaaruk, tarvax warrior | brian, tuanagh warrior | brian, tuanagh warrior | brunchaath the vile, gabrax tain on hoof | byzantii demilegionarius infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | caitrín, taoiseach of the uí néill | chuwaa, gabrax hornblower | colm, tuanagh warrior | colm, tuanagh warrior | cormac of the red hand, curadh of the uí néill on foot | cru creach, fen beast champion | dara, tuanagh banner bearer | duilius, demilegionarius (2) | érainn tuanagh infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | erebius, demiurion | fomoraic gabrax infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | hektor, tekhnomántis of ilios | inavaak, tarvax warrior | judas, demidecanus (2) | kuma, oplites warrior | kuma, oplites warrior | martis, demilegionarius (2) | nachor, oplites warrior | nachor, oplites warrior | nachor, oplites warrior | naraa, tain of baalor | nazarius, demilegionarius (2) | nervor, demioption | nikandros, kynigos of ilios | nuala, druí of danu | pádraig, tuanagh champion | piraack, tarvax warrior | praxis, mesokolossos dekarchos | rapraag, gabrax warrior | rapraag, gabrax warrior | ronan, tuanagh herald | ruairí, tuanagh warrior | simon, oplites warrior | simon, oplites warrior | tadhg, tuanagh warrior | tadhg, tuanagh warrior | terentius, demilegionarius (2) | thera, lokhagos of ilios | ungaa, gabrax warrior | ungaa, gabrax warrior | waachu, gabrax warrior | xan, mesokolossos warrior
14·04·15 #59472609652 processing £7.06
d:nk - uk - existing items shipment | d:nk - uk - one shipment | maximus, kerusker berserker
14·10·14 #22875283632 processing £529.00
achod ap mab, balchdynwocor of powys | achod ap mab, balchdynwocor of powys | aggrakk, brutal krokokh | albainn oghurithne monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | any eleven monstrous infantry starter hosts [expanded] | armoured mag ap mag, prifdynwocor of powys | armoured mag ap mag, prifdynwocor of powys | armoured scecchus, servile fiend of dis | armoured scecchus, servile fiend of dis | atalantes mesokolossos monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | beglo option | beglo option | bion, mesokolossos warrior | bloody bagseg, oghurithne umaer | bronn ap banbronn, cocwocor of powys | bronn ap banbronn, cocwocor of powys | brythoniaid dynwocor monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | brythoniaid dynwocor monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | cleaver mälmord, fell troll | cob ap mab option | cob ap mab option | danilo cruz, beast slayer of cantabria on horse | dudd ap rudd, dynwocor of powys | dudd ap rudd, dynwocor of powys | egil dead hand, hrafnmann jarl | egil dead hand, hrafnmann jarl | gjöll, troll vane-bearer | gol gul, barrow spider | great axe thórrir, troll konungr | gungonn ap gonn, pendynwocor of powys | gungonn ap gonn, pendynwocor of powys | gurrir, troll warrior | heldred, drēaguth thain | horos, mesokolossos warrior | igag ap ig, dynwocor of powys | igag ap ig, dynwocor of powys | infernii fiend monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | infernii fiend monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | jöllu with two weapons option | jute drēaguth monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | khthones krokodar monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | kinakk option | kreios, mesokolossos warrior | kretos, ogros of bronze | mutated cormorágg, feral oghurüc | nisurl, troll warrior | norse hrafnmann monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | norse hrafnmann monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | norse troll monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | praxis, mesokolossos dekarchos | ravenhelm víthar, erilaz of hrafnen | ravenhelm víthar, erilaz of hrafnen | roch ap roch, dynwocor of powys | roch ap roch, dynwocor of powys | sáthach, ríonfénnid on horse | titos, stratekolossos | torleik, troll warrior with two weapons | ubal option | ubal option | unmasked velchior, magus infernum | unmasked velchior, magus infernum | vörtun, troll kappi with two weapons | xan, mesokolossos warrior
26·04·14 #96506913482 processing £400.00
all the initial units [expanded] | ax-crom, war-drune on foot
Edited by Beagle
  • Like 1

Well, if we're sharing.  A lot of mine is packing now though.

14·03·16
    processing
   £50.00

alfweald, ord wihtax | alianne, sword-melusine (2) | alix of carn bran, beast-master [resin] | amethea, oplites warrior | amethea, oplites warrior | andreas, oplites dekarchos | angol, tomb spider warrior | anlÄf, ordgÄst | any two infantry starter hosts [expanded] | any two metal support starter hosts [expanded] (2) | archer mildryth, jute thain | atalantes mesokolossos monstrous infantry starter host [expanded] | atalantes oplites infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | atalantes oplites infantry starter host [metal] | bertræd, wihtgÄr warrior (2) | bion, mesokolossos warrior | cassa, sword-melusine | ceneric, wihtboga warrior (2) | cenred, wihtax warrior (2) | culgulc, tomb spider warrior | cynemund, wihtgÄr warrior | cynuise of old, wiht fain bearer [metal] | d:nk - row - one shipment | d:sh - row - one shipment | d:sh - row - one shipment | d:sh - row - two shipments [expanded] | d:sh ii - row - one shipment | d:sh ii - row - one shipment | d:sh ii - row - two shipments [expanded] | darklands atalantes (ilios) order tokens set | darklands: savage hordes hardback muster book | ealdred, wihtax warrior (2) | eglÄf, wihtboga warrior (2) | eormanræd, cant forthain on foot | esyld, sword-melusine siren (2) | garric, jute fain bearer | gol gul, barrow spider | golgog goat-eater, freebooter oghur captain | grændal, gÄst warrior | guliant, great tomb spider | hektor, tekhnomántis of ilios | horos, mesokolossos warrior | jute wihtax support starter host [metal] [expanded] | jute wihtboga support starter host [metal] [expanded] | jute wihtgÄr infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | kernsa, sword-melusine mother | kreios, mesokolossos warrior | kretos, ogros of bronze | kuma, oplites warrior | kuma, oplites warrior | mierce wolf black d10 | mierce wolf white d10 (10) | nachor, oplites warrior | nachor, oplites warrior | nachor, oplites warrior | nikandros, kynigos of ilios | octha, wihtboga warrior (2) | oscetyl, wihtax warrior (2) | oswine, wihtgÄr warrior (2) | praxis, mesokolossos dekarchos | praxis, mesokolossos dekarchos | ricbert, wihtgÄr fane bearer | sigheard, wihtgÄr champion | simon, oplites warrior | simon, oplites warrior | sylde, sword-melusine | tecass, sword-melusine gigh | thacaldÄn, mound beetle | the rose of ker-ys, witchling | thera, lokhagos of ilios | titos, stratekolossos | torku, bone-aberrant | wadæc, gÄst warrior | washere, wihtax warrior (3) | wassa, wihtboga warrior (3) | xan, mesokolossos warrior | xan, mesokolossos warrior | ygerna, sword-melusine (2) | ysian sword-melusine infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | ælfric, wihtgÄr warrior (2) | ælgar, wihtgÄr hornblower | ænna, ord wihtboga | æthelglyth, thegn of mierce [metal]

07·09·15
    packing
   £101.25

aglæca, drÄ“aguth champion | any two infantry starter hosts [expanded] | bareheaded ætulla, wiglÄca | bertræd, wihtgÄr warrior | bertræd, wihtgÄr warrior | cynemund, wihtgÄr warrior | cynemund, wihtgÄr warrior | cynobog, drÄ“aguth warrior | hrafnen crew, holumann unit (10x warriors) [metal] [refunded] | ivarr, holumann warrior [refunded] | ivarr, holumann warrior [refunded] | jan, holumann warrior [refunded] | jan, holumann warrior [refunded] | jan, holumann warrior [refunded] | jute wihtgar infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | lugung, scythe-brute | mildryth, jute thain | muldo, spike-brute | oswine, wihtgÄr warrior | oswine, wihtgÄr warrior | ricbert, wihtgÄr fane bearer | sigheard, wihtgÄr champion | svein, holumann warrior [refunded] | svein, holumann warrior [refunded] | undrik, holumann warrior [refunded] | undrik, holumann warrior [refunded] | undrik, holumann warrior [refunded] | wictred, drÄ“aguth warrior | wihtwald, wiht thain on foot | ysian ax-drune infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | ælfric, wihtgÄr warrior | ælgar, wihtgÄr hornblower

07·09·15
    processing
   £10.00

florus, seer-sorcerer of friesia

16·07·15
    packing
   £-11.00

aanchuth the cursed, gabrax warlock | ablaa, gabrax warrior | ablaa, gabrax warrior | aglæca, drÄ“aguth champion | any two infantry starter hosts [expanded] | baagath, gabrax gultain | bareheaded ætulla, wiglÄca | bertræd, wihtgÄr warrior | bertræd, wihtgÄr warrior | blaart, gabrax tusk-bearer | bockaaruk, tarvax warrior | brunchaath the vile, gabrax tain on hoof | chuwaa, gabrax hornblower | cwalu, drÄ“aguth warrior | cynemund, wihtgÄr warrior | cynemund, wihtgÄr warrior | cynobog, drÄ“aguth warrior | d:ma - row - one shipment | darklands exult and dismay tokens set | fomoraic gabrax infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | inavaak, tarvax warrior | jute 750 gold upgrade [metal] [expanded] | jute wihtgar infantry starter host [metal] [expanded] | mildryth, jute thain | mordwæl, drÄ“aguth warrior | naraa, tain of baalor | oswine, wihtgÄr warrior | oswine, wihtgÄr warrior | piraack, tarvax warrior | rapraag, gabrax warrior | rapraag, gabrax warrior | ricbert, wihtgÄr fane bearer | sigheard, wihtgÄr champion | ungaa, gabrax warrior | ungaa, gabrax warrior | waachu, gabrax warrior | wictred, drÄ“aguth warrior | wihtwald, wiht thain on foot | ælfric, wihtgÄr warrior | ælgar, wihtgÄr hornblower

16·07·15
    processing
   £31.00

d:ma - row - one shipment | d:ma - row - two shipments [expanded] | ischys, stóskoulon of khthon

19·06·15
    packing
   £80.00

geraint nerthol, teyrn of cedweli on ceffyldraig (2)

19·06·15
    processing
   £28.00

cador of carn bran, an-shadow-drune | gawen of carn bran, shadow-drune | kitto of carn bran, shadow-drune | massen of carn bran, shadow-drune | santoc of carn bran, shadow-drune | shadows of carn bran, shadow-drune unit (5x warriors w cmd) [expanded]

27·07·14
    processing
   £86.00

ágriosávra, sun warrior on sávrakh | beb, nithing on pig-bog | d:mm - row - one shipment | maximus, kerusker berserker | quadruple monstrous beasts [expanded] (2)

18·05·14
    packing
   £38.00

brudok, krokodar warrior | enslaved ágriosávra, sun warrior | eoric, great werwulf | gorz, kill-abhorrent with great club | heoruvard, werwulf horn-blower | ingenga, wolf-abhorrent with two clubs | kell, wart-abhorrent with two clubs | maskó, krokodar warrior | megálávra, krokodar slaughterer | okkáv, krokodar warrior | row mandatory wave 4 shipping cost (november 2014) | rulguss, claw-abhorrent with two clubs | rædwulf, werwulf warrior | sigebald, werwulf fane-bearer | srók, krokodarch | vókkinak, krokodar roarer | wealdhere, werwulf warrior | zunur, scale-abhorrent with great club

18·05·14
    processing
   £410.00

all the initial units [expanded] | ax-crom, war-drune on foot | yrag, bil and flesh-pile

08·03·14
    packing
   £675.01

darklands, uhtred & nobles [expanded] | trytheorn, geat warrior

Edit: so far I'm not concerned.

Edited by Dan d'Lyon
  • Like 2

With what looks like 4 shipping waves from NK, you should nudge Rob to ship some if they're cast. As I've said, I just got about half my NK shipment sent because I asked.

On the other hand, you should know better by now with /any/ KS, because I've heard the Beagle "I spent x thousands of dollars so I'm concerned" line many times over, dude. If you're constantly concerned (and been burned a few times), maybe lay off the KS or tone down the totals by a factor of ten :)

(edit: replying to Beagle, as Dan posted while I was writing)

• Like 1