Reaperbryan

Tyranid Hive Fleet Chernabaug, Tabletop quality

111 posts in this topic

13100914_10154280466604180_6028545862281700856_n.jpg

My colors, since people sometimes ask. Nearly everything was done side brushed or dry brushed, although for the more intricate models I'm going to learn how to do layers and glazing and stuff.

21 people like this

Woot!!! A Bryan show-off thread!?!? Awesome!

7 people like this

I like it. It's nice to see that Teal coloration in action! 

1 person likes this

Woot!!! A Bryan show-off thread!?!? Awesome!

You have no idea how long it's been since I painted a model that wasn't for D&D/Pathfinder.

My *plan* is to paint one unit of Tyranids each week until the hive fleet is finished, although I have other armies which require painting, and *may* occasionally take a break from teal and Ivory to paint up something else.

I would like suggestions for the weapons for these guys - there's two schools of thought - use the same colors for the bio-organic symbiotic weapons, or use different colors. Many painters use the same, many others use different ones. I neatly avoided the issue on the Ravagers above because these guys have no weapon symbiots, but it won't be long before I have to address that.

6 people like this

Are you going to use any of the Bones stuff in your army? Quite a few seem to fit the Tyranid force.

ETA: I would go with the same colors for the weapons but that's as much a funtion of laziness as preference.

Edited by Erifnogard
4 people like this

Are you going to use any of the Bones stuff in your army? Quite a few seem to fit the Tyranid force.

ETA: I would go with the same colors for the weapons but that's as much a funtion of laziness as preference.

I wasn't planning on using any Bones. Frankly, I have over 200 models for just this Fleet so at this point adding more isn't even on my mind. Don't get me started on how many Orcs, Tau, Space Wolves, and Skaven I have that need painting up...

7 people like this

Those are some pretty nifty bugs you've got there, Bryan!!

Nice work on them.

For weapons I'd do them the same color as the rest of the figure; they are literally grown from the creatures body, after all. Possibly a bright green/orange/yellow or something like that for poison sacs and such.

1 person likes this

Love it. 

1 person likes this

Those look great! An appropriate foe for my Imperial fist army. 

2 people like this

Noice.  I like the tying-in theme for the bases, especially all snow.

And I see you have the standard issue coffee cup close at hand.  Just don't keep it too close to your brush water....  Reaper paints are non-toxic right?

Edited by BLZeebub
1 person likes this

Nice color scheme. These would work well on an ice world.

1 person likes this

I've toyed with the idea of Tyranids, but durned if I wanna give GW any more of my money... they burned me pretty good in the past.

But  you tempt me.

2 people like this

*Chernabog being the demon from Eastern European mythology most closely associated in the US with Fantasia's Night on Bald Mountain. I like the name, but I'm not sure that the name fits the coloration, and as with basing, above, I am open to Hive Fleet Name suggestions.

I'm pretty sure you've already thought of this with the "baug" suffix, but you could go the whole hog and go with Chernabug for the pun value alone.  If you wanted to go with an appropriately insect-spirit type name, Awa-hon-do or a variant might fit.  Equally, Itzpapalotl or Tsuchigumo might be interesting starting points for the Hive Fleet Name that would fit within your parameters.

2 people like this