Smokestack

Massive Darkness

I do not like the concept art at all. But I do like about 1/3 of the miniatures in the pics here.

Depends how they present it.

• Like 1

The black plague miniatures (what we have gotten so far) are really nice. I expect these to be as well. I like all the miniatures shown for Massive darkness so far, but especially the bad guys. That troll is awesome. The tiles are nice too. I hope this doesn't slip too far into June. As others have said, they may be waiting for people to start getting wave 2 of Black plague before they start...

I am just hoping that since its not just zombies, they focus more on extra bad guy stretch goals, instead of just extra heroes. I do want extra heroes, but monsters in handfuls would be great.

• Like 3

They said they plan to have many monsters, so this should be no problem.

Late May is planned, but if everything is not ready, it is also possible later.

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 2

@Teskal- Thanks for sharing!

The rules sound slightly complicated the way they were explained but I am optimistic about gameplay.  It doesn't sound like there will be any official crossover between Massive Darkness and Zombicide BP.  Kind of disappointing.  Even if they don't stat up zombies, necromancers, and abominations, once I have played the game it shouldn't be too hard to do myself.

From what I heard I am going to assume this KS will be more expensive than ZBP.  I am estimating that where ZBP was $100 and $150 pledge levels, this will be $150 and $200.  Either that or they will have all extra baddies as add-ons (please no).

With the announcement of ZBP part 2 shipping under way I hope we see this KS sooner rather than later(instant gratification and all that).

About the crossover. They know we want it, and I think they will provide it somehow. I think this was what they meant with

"Please"

"No"

"Pleeeeease"

"No, maybe"....

• Like 2

Good, get paid on June 1st ...

I think the Kickstarter will end in July, so you get paid twice till then. :-)

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Over a year ago we started looking at beginning a High-Seas Adventure D&D campaign. However, we wanted to kick it up a notch (or five).

So, we began looking for a great set of 3d Dungeon tiles to help bring the adventures to life for our players. We wanted something that was customizable, beautiful to look at, and was playable terrain. We also didn't want to spend $100 per ship. We realized that customizable didn’t really exist- we had to *choose* if we wanted beauty, or a slim amount of customization. Not to mention that the costs were extreme per ship.. We couldn’t put together a fleet of different ships if we wanted to without breaking the bank.
      Being an Indy designer- Chris decided to start working on something better, and finally- after seeing friends and family reactions to the initial prototype- ShipWorks began becoming a reality.
      Shipworks is modular. What this means is that from the hull to the masts and everywhere in between- you have the freedom to design and print the sailing ship that you want. Not just another generic template, but your minds eye brought to life.
      The ships seen table time ;-)  
      Details and customization is also inside.. ShipWorks is also fully usable terrain- to scale with miniatures common to some of the oldest and greatest table top roleplaying games. Your miniatures can traverse the rigging shrouds and masts, climb ladders and stairs, and explore above or even below decks.

Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel  
      Even our yard-arms are functional terrain- 25mm miniatures bases slide in with ease, and stay there- even when turned upside down!

Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective.  
      With ShipWorks you get to choose:
      The length of your ship.
      Adjust the width of the ship.
      Your prows appearance, and even the figurehead that adorns it!
      Add more (or less) masts and their length! No messy shaping of wood dowels (unless you’re into that). Add a crows nest or viewing platform.
      A host of customizations to change your hull. From the number of weapons ports to fight off enemies, to creature comforts like windows for passenger cabins. Even sleek flat hull panels for showing off your more merchant elite!
      How you want your sails, from classic square to sharp looking lateen triangles.  If you change your mind- change them on the fly! 
      Your stern-castle and fore-castle (or have neither Captain!)

• By pcktlnt
      Project: Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves

About this project
      Avast me hearties! Splice the mainbrace and beat to quarters, that galleon is bilged on her anchor and ripe for the picking! Bring us alongside Gibbs. Boomer, get ready on the gun! Pete my boy, are you loaded? Hefty, Sharktooth, Deadeye, follow me! Gyaaarh! 

This project is to fund production of a pirate dwarf crew, a set of unique miniatures forming a warband of adventuring buccaneers for skirmish gaming or a unit of mercenary fighters in a larger dwarf army. 
      They are 28mm metal miniatures, sculpted by Mark Evans, who produced all the dwarf sculpts in our previous kickstarter. 

This time we have decided to offer only one pledge level, with all stretch goals being free additions to the set. If you want multiple sets just increase your pledge amount accordingly. 
      Pledge price includes FREE SHIPPING in the UK and discounted shipping of just £2 for anywhere else worldwide.
       If successfully funded each backer will receive one each of Captain Redbeard's crew plus any applicable stretch goals- 
      1. Cap'n Redbeard   2. Bo'sun Gibbs   3. Deadeye Dan  
      4. Hefty Hawkins      5. Slick Willie         6. Sharktooth Jack
      7. Pigwash    8. Little Pete      9. Boomer Svensson and Swivel Gun
       The Captain himself. As gnarly a swashbucking, treasure-hungry dwarf as you could ever hope to meet. He'll fight anyone and anything if there's a promise of doubloons which makes his crew a useful mercenary force to bolster any dwarf army (just don't pay him in advance).
       The captain's trusted Bo'sun, often found leading boarding parties or manning the ship when the captain takes a raiding party ashore.
       His aim is as good with his axe as with his pistol, as many an enemy has found out
       Avast behind! The crew will often mutter about hefty, but not within earshot of him. If you have a door to kick down, a bear to wrestle or a sandwich to eat, he's your man.
       The general opinion among the crew is the Willie fancies himself, with his goatee, ponytail and feather in his hat, he cares a bit too much about his appearance.
       Sharktooth is just a thorough git, a complete thug with a pair of wicked short knives that earned him his nickname. 
       Rumour has it that Pigwash was once captain of his own ship, nobody knows for sure and nobody likes to ask because of that big axe he carries around.
       The smallest of the crew, some say he's overcompensating but with his blunderbuss he can clear a deck or blow a dwarf sized hole in a city gate.
       He's got you covered, the swivel gun is small enough that the crew will often take it ashore for some extra firepower. 
    • By Darsc Zacal
      The Kickstarter is live:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1138228733/moonstone-fantasy-skirmish-game/description

This one is for a skirmish game featuring their wonderfully fantastical minis many of which are available in either metal or resin.

• By Doug's Workshop
      Heroic Fantasy and Barbarian Conquerors of Kanahu Setting Sourcebook

Autarch, the folks behind Adventure Conqueror King, have a new Kickstarter to fund an alternative version of the rules focused on "heroic fantasy" where magic is subtle and likely more dangerous, like Robert E Howard and JRR Tolkein.  Think more "secret cults of forbidden knowledge" and less "Wizard's Guild."

Adventurer Conqueror King laid a mathematically accurate framework for building your character's domain (such as building a kingdom), as well as fun things like a coherent trade system, and "hijinks" for the rogueish characters.  I've been very pleased with the book, and use it to supplement my old-school games. 

The Heroic Fantasy books looks like the rules, while the Barbarian Conquerors setting book is inspired by pulp worlds of Howard and Burroughs.  Science-Fantasy and secrets man was not meant to know.

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Hello my friends:
      It's me again bringing some miniatures to share with you. This time, I'm going full on the rpg, adventure, dungeon crawling type of miniature. So plain and simple, this is what we're presenting to you.

Most of these have had test casts, some have been painted already.

Some 3D renders

Fray Talazar $800
      Razgunik $1200
       Kan-Tha $1500
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)