Smokestack

Massive Darkness

I finally got mine on Saturday, which was cool!  I've been too busy to do more than read through the rulebook, but oh... well.  Hopefully I'll get to play it soon.

I didn't really get a lot of add-ons (Ratlings, extra dice, Zombicide crossover pack) but it's still a *lot* of plastic to look though.  Wow.

• Like 1

Got an impromptu 3-player game in today since our D&D session fell through.

Overall, it was enjoyable. It will hit the table again.

I am not sure that we played 100% correctly, but the rules were simple enough we felt fairly proficient with just opening the box and one guy reading the rules while the rest setup and shuffled stuff.

It was pretty easy on the difficulty scale. The only thing that gave pause was the giant spider that spawned at level 1 in the tutorial for us. It knocked two chars gets down to 1 health each before being dropped. After that, gear seemed to be the thing to have us tearing through stuff. 

We played the tutorial and then played one of the missions a few further along (it had 4 levels).

• Like 2

Played the first scenario with 6 players last night. 3+ hours in and we called it as we all had to be into work early. We got to level 3 of 4. I thought we were gonners a couple times, but I think our odds were pretty good that we would have achieved the scenario objectives by the end. 

Only one person wasn't two interested by the end...everyone else would have loved to kept playing if we would have had time.  We will schedule another game where Massive Darkness will be the first game we start with.  I am sure we messed some rules (e.g. i forgot all about card transmuting), but over all consensus was it was a lot of fun. 

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 2

On 9/10/2017 at 4:39 PM, Smokestack said:

The minis look great... I have seen maybe 4 unboxing videos and there are a couple painting threads already. I am inpatient but also excited....

It even got me painting minis again, hah!

• Like 7

I know you have all been waiting and concerned with one question. Did Bill get his Massive Darkness? Well the answer is still no... but! I did get a shipping notice. So sooooooooooon! yes. I will get them soon. Then maybe the voices will stop.... soon! 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Smokestack said:

I know you have all been waiting and concerned with one question. Did Bill get his Massive Darkness? Well the answer is still no... but! I did get a shipping notice. So sooooooooooon! yes. I will get them soon. Then maybe the voices will stop.... soon! 

The voices don't stop exactly... they suddenly start clamoring for paint and to play all at the same time... 

I had to put mine in mini-timeout (behind a closed door) so that I could focus on what has to be done this month... 

• Like 2

Just played a quick solo game.  Interesting - a couple tight moments, but mostly it was easy enough.  Then again, you don't want to bloody everyone's nose during the tutorial.  I may see if I can get my daughter to play.  Someone did up a character card for the unicorn, which she would have fun playing, I think.

• Like 2

Yeah I was hoping to find a blank template to convert some of the BP exclusive figures.  I mean the massive darkness without a not-batmat?

• Like 1

Had some friends over so got to teach the game to someone else again.  We skipped the tutorial and made it through about half of Scorched Earth.  We chose to go with 1 hero each, so our group of 4 played differently than my wife and I's group of 6.  Easier to keep track of just one hero though.  Event cards start becoming very interesting.  It was also interesting to play with people that had not done a co-op game before.  

We were ready for zone 3 when we spawned a hellhound at the entrance and then realized what time it was (one of our guests was a nursing student and she had a test this morning).  Modern technology made it easy to "save" the board state, I then packed up everybody's equipment and had everything put away in about 25 minutes.  

Getting the first set of dwarven warriros with plate mail was interesting with starting equipment.  We also saw our first agent and first roaming monsters, so it was good fun for everyone.

• Like 3

OMG!  Mine finally arrived yesterday.  No shipping notice or anything.  Haven't had time to catalog it, but I'll do that tonight.

• Like 2