Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
More Stuff I did on Summer Vacation.
PingosHusband gave me a set of Citadel "Sisters of the Thorn", female wood elves riding what are supposed to be deer, I think (although they have solid hooves and their antlers attach weirdly). Anyhow, they look pretty cool. The set also could make up some hunky shirtless male riders in creepy antlered masks, and I ended up making one of those along with four of the females.
And then there were parts left over.
Sooo ... I had enough to make one more full male torso and one female torso lacking hair (and three male torsos that need hair and right arms, but that's a project for another day ...).
Well, what can you do with a torso?
Obviously, make centaurs (horse or spider) out of them. I lugged out my bin o' Bones and found 77264: Female Centaur sculpted by Sandra Garrity (There's a male centaur too, but interestingly the female "horse" part is larger and more robust than the male.) and 77182: Arachnid Archer sculpted by Gene van Horne.
I ruthlessly sliced off the human torso from the centaur and used a pin because I'm not sure how well epoxy adheres to Bones.
I carved the waist of the spider body a little to fit the elf torso, but I didn't take pictures of that. This is the figure fitted in but not yet glued. There wasn't any hair for this torso, so her face is only a hollow mask glued to the neck at a tiny contact point at the back of the chin, fragile and just a little creepy.
I mixed up some epoxy and drizzled little comma-shapes onto parchment paper, let them dry, and peeled them off. Then I mixed more epoxy and blobbed it into the back of the elf's skull and added dried epoxy commas until it looked more or less like hair.
Here are the two of them done:
As I recently finished an orc squad, I’m now focusing on a goblin one. I’d like to share my progress with you.
These will be used for tabletop gaming, in DnD campaigns I recently started DMing.
They’re all reaper minis. On these pictures I had just removed the mold lines, glued the separate parts and put the priming on :
- 03850: Armored Goblin Spearmen (2) (the smallest one)
- 03462: Goblin Warriors (4)
- 03777: Cave Goblin Archers (2)
- 03838: Sakarat, Goblin Wizard
There are a few other ones for which I didn’t take pictures at the beginning.
I didn’t want to make them green, so I was going for a yellowish orange for their skin... But as I was wandering through all the paints at my local GW, I stumbled on that “Squig Orange” and decided that was the one.
So now they’re almost red :
And here are the others that I didn’t think about photographing at the beginning :
- 2 copies of 07003: Dungeon Dwellers: Bloodbite Goblins (2)
- 14095: Neek, Reven Sergeant
These last two already got some spare paint from other minis painting.
By Lidless Eye
Here's a big batch of miniatures, no common theme, that I finished recently.
The "Eyedra" assembled as the more generic Hydra option, from "Dark Platypus Games". Thanks to the Reaper Box of Goodwill for this one.
A Ral Partha "Dwarf Thief", more suited as a Gnome to modern scale, also acquired from the Box of Goodwill.
To celebrate their return to 5E in "Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes", a Giff, 3D printed from designs from the wonderful DM Workshop.
A Goblin Monk. I believe he's originally an Orcling from Foundry/Warmonger.
Another Goblin, perhaps an Alchemist. A Warhammer Snotling.
A Dire Pillbug, originally intended as a Myconid Mount, from "Ganesha Games", in their "Fightin' Fungi" range.
Also of note is the backdrop, which are my in progress 3D printed Caverns set from "Printable Scenery"
Who's Online 12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)