So I want to get connected to his group more. What do I need to know.

- Miniature selection for painting, when, etc etc etc. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arc 724 said:

So I want to get connected to his group more. What do I need to know.

- Miniature selection for painting, when, etc etc etc. 

Basically, it's paint what you want for the Hangouts.  There is a 'Hangout Mini of the Month' that some people are doing but that's a different thread.  Most of the Hangout time is evenings for people (~7pm EST) and it runs until everyone goes to sleep.  Basically check that chatter thread or post here that you are on and see if anyone else shows up.

I haven't been on for a couple of weeks but that's my take.

• Like 3

Not too much.  At the top of the Off-Topic area in the Pinned threads, you'll see "Hang out and paint - Google hangouts" which has the current hangout link (because periodically it gets all borked up and a new one has to be created).  Some connect with phones, some show their painting area while they are talking, some lurk and ask questions about what we're painting or what's in the background.  If you want to listen to something else while on the hangout, it is generally best to use headphones as it is picked up easily by the microphones.  Otherwise, we just talk and paint or sometimes paint silently while others are around.  Sometimes there is a mini of the month, but I think that was just so some were all painting the same one in case of questions or to compare progress etc, but it isn't necessary, just something fun.  

This time of year, you'll notice people trying to paint what they are taking to ReaperCon more often than at other times of the year.  Edit: Though this will prompt some people to disable their video feed if they don't want others to see it yet.

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 2

this is a hyper exclusive group. You probably don't qualify. You need 20 minis, a camera, and to obtain a shrubbery. A nice looking one, but not to expensive.

There's usually someone on by 8pm eastern, and you can work on whatever you want. 

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, knarthex said:

WOW

First night I paint in more than a month, and nobody is around....

:down:

I peeked in about 30 mins after you posted, but the hangout was empty.... :unsure:

I'll be painting QUITE a bit more next week, so I should be around more then. I may even set up my lousy webcam. :) 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

Just do an artist card with your purple cat on it so we know it's you... lol...

Just now, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Basically, it's paint what you want for the Hangouts.  There is a 'Hangout Mini of the Month' that some people are doing but that's a different thread.  Most of the Hangout time is evenings for people (~7pm EST) and it runs until everyone goes to sleep.  Basically check that chatter thread or post here that you are on and see if anyone else shows up.

I haven't been on for a couple of weeks but that's my take.

Thanks, I always have this desire to hang out with you folks then my camera dies or like my over remodel and I dont have time for it. HA. I think I've connected one and spoke to Xherman and others. 

Thanks @Grayfax. Perfect. 

- I would like to get a nice webcam I can aim at my paint area. My desire is to start broad casting on my FB page as well. 

• Like 3

Even a camera isn't necessary.  If you have a microphone we can hear you and see whatever photo you have for yourself on Google.  People were always asking who I was, so I created a vanity google account for Grayfax and put my avatar up there for simplicity.  So... basically... whatever level of effort you want to put into anonymity or showing off the details of your life are fair game when it comes to the Hangouts... all up to you.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Even a camera isn't necessary.  If you have a microphone we can hear you and see whatever photo you have for yourself on Google.  People were always asking who I was, so I created a vanity google account for Grayfax and put my avatar up there for simplicity.  So... basically... whatever level of effort you want to put into anonymity or showing off the details of your life are fair game when it comes to the Hangouts... all up to you.

I AM BATMAN, I AM THE NIGHT!  hahaha (first thing that came to mind. ::P: )

Thanks! I'll try and get connected soon. Being sick i'm clocking out early. HA!

• Like 4

Logging on... working the ear of Kagunk and eating... trying not to get metal flakes in my rice... bwaahaaa...

j/k Pingo.  I stopped on the one and started the other and will only switch back when my mouth isn't opening.

• Like 2

The animals took over tonight: Canuckotter, DavidBrawley, and myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

Was watching Thor with the lids...

Does that mean you were sleeping while it was on?

• Like 3