Sign in to follow this  
skippen

Dulltcoat

So, folks, does dullcoat go bad and such?  I have a can that is quite old.  Should I replace it when I dullcoat this upcoming gaming figures?

Get something you don't mind scrapping or dunking and run a test. Even a bit of sprue.

It certainly can go bad. Test first, and if good results: yay!

^_^

• Like 2

Old cans can really settle out. Definitely test it first and shake way more than you think you need to.

• Like 3

Get something you don't mind scrapping or dunking and run a test. Even a bit of sprue.

It certainly can go bad. Test first, and if good results: yay!

^_^

Yeah testing was going to happen for sure.

• Like 1

A quick tip you may or may not know. Heat up some water. Not boiling or lukewarm. But somewhere in between. Shake the can vigorously. Submerge it for roughly a minute and a half. Shake the can again. Submerge once more for another minute. Shake off the excess water and spray. It helps to atomizer the paint into a very fine pressurized mist. Hope that helps.

• Like 3

If your using Testor's Dullcoat, then yes. Testor's nozzles are notorious for crapping out & if the can is old then more then likely the paint is bad inside. Also cans can lose pressure & use if they are low on paint inside. I had a Dupicolor primer can crap out on me last month. While the can was half empty it had been over year since I last used it. First time I've had that happen with Dupicolor brand.